Local Man "Deeply Offended" By Widespread Societal Hatred Of "We Built This City" By Starship

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy ❤❤❤

[exits, pursued by a bear]

bringing you cool good posts: Dec. 2014 - March 2019

appreciating and supporting you: today - forever!!!!

local man is correct to be offended; we built this city is a BOP

• Posted at:

eureka

december 2016 - march 2019

i have no idea how many stars all my accounts have lol

i am glad you are here with me, here at the end of all things

One time my uncle, a grumpy astrophysicist with nine toes altogether, gave me a can of pitted olives for my birthday even though it was not my birthday. I forgot about that because I was like 7 years old at the time, but today I ate an olive and it all came back to me.

• Posted at:

Sorry for accordionposting on main yet again but I just have to say, playing accordion is tough because it inevitably becomes your only personality trait, but if you go around telling everybody that you play accordion, you lose out on the supreme joy of unexpectedly busting out an accordion and playing it competently to the shock of everyone around you

• Posted at:

my brother just said to me, and i will never forget this: you know i had to parlez-vous it to em

• Posted at:

Not to flex but the word count of the latest draft of my pretentious speculative fiction novel is so unbearably long that the filter seems to think it is a phone number

• Posted at:

when do we get deets on the graphic novel! probably soon but still....When!!!! hive queen??? whats that. thats enders game thats not wings of fire. i Demand the same book ive read a hundred times, this time with pictures so my  heinous toddler brain can absorb it

• Posted at:

actually it doesnt matter when we get deets on the graphic novel because no matter when it is im going to comment "wow.....the scope of my influence......" or something like that, as if i singlehandedly reminded Graphix, a division of Scholastic Corporation, of its existence

• Posted at:

Advertisement for all woodwind and brass instruments (EXCEPT clarinet which is on thin ice): Do you like music but you hate the way that it sounds, and also you hate everyone around you? And do you adore warm saliva pouring out of yours and everyone else's instruments everywhere all the time? Play a woodwind or brass instrument today!

• Posted at:

bro im watching The Princess Diaries 2 Royal Engagement and like. im definitely going to fall asleep any second now coz i cant pay attention to anything but ok this movie is GOOD bro....

• Posted at:

BRO SMASH MOUTH JUST STARTED PLAYING IN THE PRINCESS DIARIES 2 ROYAL ENGAGEMENT.....OK THIS IS EPIC......

• Posted at:

Hot Take Warning! You Are About To Read A Hot Take!

netflix b like: let's pour all of our money into making Bad(tm) movies & tv shows lol

• Posted at:

BROOOOOOO

BRO I JUST FOUND OUT THERYE MAKIGNG PRINCESS DIARIES 3.......WHAT IS UP!!!!!!!! YAAAAAA!!!!!!! THE POWER OF MY INFLUENCE BAYYYYYBEEEEEE [I would keysmash but that would basically guarantee that this post wouldn't be sent through and this post is very important to me]

• Posted at:

glossing thru the graphic novel of TDP (i love the first arc so much aaaaa ❤❤❤) and my only problem is Tsunami's neck. is it a deliberate decision to draw it so ludicrously long? I dont mind the art of the graphic novel nearly as much as a lot of u seem to but Tsunami's neck haunts me.

• Posted at:

in one evening i've been told by my mother that i look like a) Sasuke b) the rat from the movie "Flushed Away" and c) a klingon, this is the WORST

• Posted at:

looked out the window and saw my neighbor's big fluffy white dog and, in the snow, through the frosted window panes, not gonna lie, my first thought was wow......thats a polar bear.

• Posted at:

Both the covers for The Poison Jungle and the graphic novel of The Hidden Kingdom are both the epitome of :\ (IMO!!!! IM BEING PETTY IM SO SORRY) Like the colours on both of them are really really good and the backgrounds are great but the dragons themselves look kind of funky? I don't know anything about art or anatomy tho so im just being opinionated for no reason. Wings of Fire ily!!!! Joy Ang and Mike Holmes ur both so good thank u!!!!!

• Posted at:

when I went to summer camp as a child, I discovered that I was very very good at archery, and I got a bull’s-eye every time except for once when my arrow got lodged in a tree, and the counselors were really impressed and started calling me “Katniss” because the hunger games movie was the hot new thing back then, but I didnt know what the hunger games was and I thought they were saying “catness”, the quality of being catlike, and were making fun of me because theyd seen me playing warrior cats with my friends and I thought the camp counselors were cruelly subjecting me to public humiliation for my warrior cats crimes, and then I went and cried in a canoe, which got capsized when one of my friends, who was rowing, tried to knock over somebody else’s canoe, so basically what im sayign is, i could have died in a lake because of warrior cats. the modern ophelia

• Posted at:

I was listening to Spotify on shuffle and I heard the opening of the next song and I thought "Oh this must be Ice Ice Baby" like a presumptuous FOOL and since I have no particular feeling for Ice Ice Baby I just zoned out for a little while to focus on different, better things and thusly my brain failed to register that it was not, in fact, Ice Ice Baby but rather Under Pressure, and my brain had entirely failed to process what I was hearing at all, until I realized and I gasped out loud for no reason at all and my dog got up and left the room

• Posted at:

Psychology is a super interesting field, but also, like, is there even ONE influential psychologist who wasn't entirely ethically reprehensible? Is it like this with other scientific fields? Are influential, say, biologists, this loathsome? (Yeah yeah I know that social sciences and natural sciences aren't the same thing and I recognize that academic psychology controversies probably seem more morally wrong than academic biology controversies because they generally deal directly with actual human people but PFFFT.) I was supposed to go to a party tonight but instead I'm sitting here reading Wikipedia articles about scientific controversies and getting mad

• Posted at:

It has taken an entire stand-up comedy album for me to open a bottle of Gatorade

• Posted at:

today this girl asked me if i could floss (the dance). i am eager to please and so i flossed. she told me i'm not very good at flossing and then she instantly asked me to a school dance without even giving me a chance to recover. bang. bang. it was like being punched in the face twice, one right after the other. i think i'm so smooth and suave and collected but i have never been so bewildered and flustered in all my life.

Questions

1. Was she already planning on asking me to the school dance before she asked me to display my flossing skills (or, apparently, lack thereof)?

2. Was she specifically seeking out someone who's not very good at flossing to go to the school dance with her, and if so, why?

3. Did she ask me if I could floss as a segue for asking me to the school dance -- i.e., "hmm do you know what else is a dance, the school dance, go to the school dance with me" -- and then didn't do a very good job of asking me to the school dance?

4. If I had proven to be a skillful flosser, would she have changed her mind before asking me?

5. Is she only asking me to the school dance to be kind, as if she thinks that no one will ask me to the school dance if they find out I'm an unskilled flosser?

6. (And I cannot stress this enough) WHAT do I WEAR

• Posted at:

Dragon candy crush. candy crush for dragons. the candy is Fruit. dragon candy fruit crunch. good

• Posted at:

Hello everyone, it's me, the last person in the world to buy Undertale, but bought Undertale I did and now I am going feral because I love Undertale so much

• Posted at:

I've been playing Undertale with my brother (who, for context, is in his mid-twenties and is the Worst) and it is so fun to play Undertale with somebody who doesn't know what is going to happen next. He just about lost his mind during the fight with Toriel, which was the point when he decided that Undertale is Good actually, although not immediately lol

• Posted at:

posting this on the 23rd

anyway remember my fictitious husband, a random side character from a mediocre old YA trilogy that im never going to admit because frankly the ~mystery~ of not admitting it is more tantalizing and appealing to me??? well I just found out, from reading the defunct archived fan forum from the mid 2000s, that he is UNANIMOUSLY LOATHED by the 5 people who read the book when it came out. What a TERRIBLE way to spend my saturday night for so many reasons

• Posted at:

was studying in the library today and this little kid, like 5 or 6, sits down next to me and says "are you a kid or old or a girl or a boy." im STILL stunned. how do u answer that

• Posted at:

I just finished Undertale for the first time (by "just" I mean the first of March, 2019) and, like, no offense, but Undertale is one of the only good things in, like, the world, no offense??? People who naysay Undertale can see me in court??? It's so smart and well-crafted and funny and emotional and good, and it uses its medium as a video game to tell a unique and complete story that other mediums can't replicate, so it uses its form incredibly well which (in my experience) most video games just don't do. Undertale couldn't be anything else except a game and that's a very, very good thing. Also, I like the fact that it's a complete story. I like that Undertale makes you not want to play it after you finish it. I don't really know how to articulate it right now, but I think that's neat (and something I need to learn how to implement in my art...) And of course the characters and the music and the gameplay are so good, but everybody has said that before so I'm not sure I can add much to that conversation. I just really, deeply, unabashedly love Undertale with all my heart and while I understand where people who ceaselessly complain about it are coming from (overexposure, over-hyping, etc.), I, uuuuuh, don't want to hear their opinions lol

Now I get to play Deltarune again since I am never opening Undertale ever again out of the fear that I might mess up my beloved fictitious friends' happy lives!

• Posted at:

Hrrrrmmm.....I wrote this last night and since it’s ridiculously long and probably too personal, it hasn’t come through yet, and might not come through at all. So.. Big Sad Leaving Post: Revised Edition. (If the original comes through, that’s by accident. I know this doesn’t work, but: Please let this through!)

---

It's ya boi Clever Dragon 364 signing off for (hopefully) the final time but before that!!!!!! gotta be emotional about this website for a hot minute

I have been here for a long time. In some ways I don't think spending the last of my childhood and the beginning of my adolescence here was a good thing, but in other ways I do. I can't really deny that this was the first place where I felt kind of good about myself. Probably not in an entirely healthy way -- I've been coasting off the internet celebrity I believed I held circa 2015 - 2016 for years now, and as I begin the next stage of my life I realize that writing some really cool stories on a children's literature message board is not as cool as I thought it was at the time. But it was super important to me at the time, so I try to value that nonetheless.

Like... roleplaying and writing fanfiction and being in that weird chat clique for a while (PurplePuma241 I'm so sorry for the person I was in 2015. You will never read this, but I'm sorry anyway. You were very nice to me and I hope you are having a great life) weren't good because they isolated me from a social life I could have had, but they were good because they helped me learn about socializing in a safe environment that being around "real" people couldn't replicate. Online, you don't have to worry about body language and eye contact and tone of voice and all that weird stuff. You just have to worry about winning arguments about what fictional dragons you think should KISS!!!!!!

I don't know. Maybe this site didn't help me very much. It caused me a lot of strife, to be honest, which doesn't reflect on me very well. But it also made me feel for the first time like I had the potential to be something other than "Weird, Annoying, and Not Invited To Your Birthday Party", you know? I'm being abstract here.

I had a lot of really great friends here, and even though I have some names in mind that I want to mention, I feel like it would be best if I didn’t. You know who you are, and I know who you are, and that’s what matters. I remember you and I hope that you’re having a nice life and I hope you do great things in your future. You got me at my worst and you were even kind of nice to me!

Also I love everybody who I know on Discord and even though I will probably still talk to you again I wanted to tell you I love you right here!!!! I love you!!!!! Platonically

My first roleplay was called "Pyrrhian Nightmare Complex" and it was essentially Portal. My first fanfiction was called "Six Paths" and it was about dragon homeschoolers solving a mystery that never got solved. My most beloved and enduring character was President Yogurt Container, RainWing president of dairy products. She was secretly the mother of my other RainWing OC, Shiny, but I never wrote a story where that was dramatically revealed. So, there's that. You're very welcome. (I am standing on an empty stage, speaking to an audience that left years ago.) Sometimes I'd make alternate accounts and try to do so-called experiments, but they never went anywhere. (There was never any drama about them. I don't think anyone even replied to most of them. If there was drama about them, I'd reveal it right now.) (I will say, though, that one of my alternate accounts originated Sam the Bird from the cover of Escaping Peril.)

I don't have much to say about the works I did here. It was incredibly important to me that they were initially received well. They don’t exist anymore, so I can’t save them. Everything I would have wanted to save got deleted a long time ago. It sort of makes me sad that I’ll never be able to read Six Paths, and The Path Less Taken, and You Left Me In The Dark, and also GeneralGoblin7’s “The Gold Winglet” series, which wasn’t mine but was top-tier literature nonetheless, but that’s okay. I still remember those things. The memories will get blurrier and blurrier, and I guess that’s how it has to be.

One cool fact is that I have been L, G, B, and T at various different times on this website, which I think is neat. It was nice to be able to explore my identity here, and typically (but not always) around people who were okay with me doing that. I probably wouldn’t have been able to do that if I hadn’t joined, so whatever my ultimate feelings about this community are, I’ll always be grateful for that.

I have never been banned once (to my knowledge). I don't know how it's possible to be this un-punk, but oh well.

It will be cool and interesting to not be on this website anymore. I'm too old for it anyway. I'm getting a job soon and learning how to drive and preparing for college. I still really like Wings of Fire, though. It's been such a big part of my life for such a long time, that I'm not sure it'll ever be out of my mind. In ten years from now when I'm in law school I'll still think, "Wow this is just like Kestrel's bogus trial in Wings of Fire Book One The Dragonet Prophecy by Tui T. Sutherland." And that's just how it is.

I wish I’d gotten to do another one of those silly “livetweeting” threads. I promised I would, and I then I never did, and now I won’t get the opportunity. I already had a couple of jokes in mind...

I'm not leaving for any big reason, just because I've been meaning to for a while and now seems like a good opportunity.

I really liked being here. But I'm not the same scared, insecure, friendless kid I was in 2014. I've changed in more ways I even thought possible at the time. I like myself now -- or at least, I'm getting a lot closer to liking myself. I know that I'm smart and I know that I'm strong and I know that I'm brave. I still don't know who I am, fundamentally, but I know that I will someday, and that makes me feel okay, at least in the moment. I'm still not great with people, but I strive to be, and that's what I need. I'm getting better, bit by bit. I have friends now, and they like me and I like them. I'm excited about my future and I'm at peace with my past.

I don't know why I wrote any of this. It doesn't matter. But I respond to the name "Clever" faster than I respond to my own name, so that's, uh, something.

Final word -- It's been ~1,545 days (or something like that), and nobody who I know in real life ever found out that I have this account...

• Posted at:

I'll miss you. Thanks for being awesome.

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Queen of Non SequiturBookwyrmsPangolinsand Bones

Trash Squad, WerewolfGASTER FOLLOWER

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WoFMBer Dec. 2014-Mar. 2019

hey clever, you probably won't log back on to read this but i've gotta say it anyway. i love you man, thanks so much for being a great friend and inspiration to me. best of luck in driving, law school, social endeavors, and everything else. au revior, my dude 

• Posted at:

eureka

december 2016 - march 2019

i have no idea how many stars all my accounts have lol

i am glad you are here with me, here at the end of all things

1 , 2 , 3 ... 6 , , 8