((The sign up thread is at /333210 if you want to join!))

-Prologue-

Felicity rushed out of her house and went over to the park where she and her friends met up. “Guys!” Felicity huffed as she ran into the park. “I heard that there’s going to be a new girl joining us in Eryas!”

All the attention was on her.

“What’s she like?”

“Are you sure it’s a girl? We do need some more boys.”

“That’s awesome!”

“No comment.”

“What’s her name?”

“What animal blood does she have?”

“Can you tell us where is she?”

There was a lot of people talking all at once. “Quiet!” Felicity shouted. “Gosh, guys, I think you broke my eardrums.”

“Sorry,” King said. “I didn’t mean to hurt your ears.”

“Well anyway,” Felicity continued. “The girl is going to arrive here at noon. And guess what time it is.”

“What?” NightWolf asked.

“It was a rhetorical question. Anyway, it’s 11:45. We have 15 minutes to get to Eryas Hall. From here, it would take 10 minutes.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Longclaw asked. “Let’s go!”

The group started walking off to City Hall.

Longclaw panted slightly. She and her friends ran over to Eryas Hall with two extra minutes left.

“We did it!” NightWolf shouted. “Now let’s get inside.” NightWolf, who was panting quite a lot, was still excited about the newcomer, so of course she’d be shouting even though she was exhausted.

“Yeah,” King said as they walked inside. “We want to have good seats!”

“With 1 minute left until noon?” Galaxy said. “Not a chance.”

“Well, still! There might be good seats left for us!” King replied.

And to King’s surprise, there’s were no seats in the front that were available!

“Darn,” King muttered as he sat down in a seat in the back. “I really thought that there would be some good seats in the left in the front.”

NightWolf, who was to his right, tried to hide her laughter. “We were here two minutes before the introduction to the new girl was going to start. What else did you think?”

“Yeah,” agreed Galaxy, who was to King’s left, stuck out his tongue at King. “I told you. Please don’t hate me.” Galaxy muttered the last part.

Then, the President walked onto the stage.

“That’s President Luke Branch!” Felicity gasped.

“We’ve all seen him before…” Longclaw said. “No need to be excited.”

Felicity pouted. “Yeah, but he’s just so cool!”

“Yeah,” Reading quietly said, agreeing with Longclaw. “We’ve all talked to him before.”

“Welcome!” the president boomed. “Thank you all for coming here to see us introduce a new girl to Eryas. She was found yesterday at the borders of Eryas, fainted. We pitied the poor girl. We soon learned that she, like every single one of you, has the blood of an animal. Everyone, please welcome Topaz Malachite!”

A short girl, around 4 feet and 3 inches walked up to the stage. The girl had reddish-brown hair in a pixie cut. She had fairly pale skin and a skinny, hourglass-shaped body. She had yellow eyes and a round face. Longclaw could definitely notice that Topaz had a lot of freckles. Topaz wore a red shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes.

“Hi,” Topaz shyly said. “I’m Topaz Malachite. I can take the form of an Elf Owl.”

A lot of people were staring at Topaz. Longclaw wondered if the girl was shy because of all the people staring at her, or that she was just naturally shy.

After the introduction was over, Kiran and his friends walked outside of Eryas Hall. “Well that was certainly an introduction,” he said. “I wonder if she’d join our little friend group.”

“Little?” Ivy said, laughing slightly. “It’s pretty big.”

“Yeah, but compare that to a super herd,” Kiran replied. “We don’t have that many people in our group compared to the elephants.”

“How many elephants are in a super herd?” Ivy asked.

Kiran was about to reply the answer, but Reading had beat him to it. “There can be up to 100 elephants in a super herd.” She answered.

Kiran stared at Reading. “But I’m supposed to be the science nerd in this group!” he whined. “Now tell me, how did you acquire this information? Hmm?” Everyone laughed.

“I read books,” Reading answered, laughing. “You know that I’d never intentionally harm your super science-y nerdy reputation!”

Everyone laughed again.

“You know,” NightWolf said. “We’d be best friends forever, right? Sometimes, I think about how one day, we’d all leave each other and continue on our own paths.”

“No, no, no,” Ivy said. “You are not allowed to think that. Of course, we’d all stay best friends!”

“Yeah!” agreed Galaxy. “Best friends till the very end!”

“NightWolf, sometimes I wonder why you think of the saddest things during the happiest of times.” Reading said, clearly lost in thought. “Maybe a book will explain something like that!”

“Reading,” Longclaw said. “Not everything in the world can be found in books. Books don’t know everything.”

“Yeah, like how friendships start,” Felicity said. “Friendships don’t all start in the same ways.”

“Anybody up for a group hug?” King asked.

“Yes!” Felicity replied.

“I’m not sure. Hugs aren’t really my thing.” NightWolf said, scratching her neck.

“Come on, NightWolf! Do it for us? Please?” Felicity made puppy-dog eyes.

“Fine,” NightWolf sighed. She opened her arms. “Hug?”

Everyone attacked her. With hugs. Kiran secretly suspected that NightWolf enjoyed the hug, but said nothing.

Topaz plopped down to her bed. “So many stares,” she muttered to herself as she rubbed her temples, thinking about what was going on earlier during the day. “So much attention…to me. I’m not important. They’re more important. Why stare at someone like me?”

She sighed. “Well, it’s getting late,” she looked out at the window. “The sky’s getting dark.” She pulled up the covers of her bed as she thought about the day. Am I really going to live here? She thought. Will people judge me? Is Eryas even safe? Will I be found by HAHMA again?

She chuckled at herself. No, I won’t. The government promised it was safe in Eryas. I should be fine. And when has the government ever lied? Topaz’s eyes were drooping. I guess it’s time to sleep. Go away, worries. I don’t want to think about you. Eryas is a safe place. But then, a little voice in her head told her, “But why don’t I feel like it?” But Topaz paid no attention. She was already fast asleep.

Topaz didn’t know it yet, but President Branch was forming a plan. A bad one. Topaz suspected that something was strange with President Branch, but brushed it off. What was President Branch’s plan? Well, it was directly formed to only hurt those who had a mutation. Those who were different than his own species. But, could he be stopped? Yes. Of course. Every villain could be stopped. But sometimes, not even a hundred heroes can stop someone’s heart. It doesn’t take strength, but maybe words.

So that's it! I hope you enjoyed reading the prolouge! I actually worked pretty hard on that. But after editing it, I feel like it;s horrible...

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

|~nightwolf~|

November 23, 2016 March 29, 2019

2025 stars.

"don't cry because it's over. smile because it happened."

No words can describe how much I loved the WoFMB.

And no words will describe how sad it is to leave.

can i say i love you all?

Yeee! So good!!! I love it!

• Posted at:

Gulfstream

She/Her

Empress of Positivity

Forum Sisters: Violet, Lunastar, Bixbite, Riri, Sanetra, Hyperbole, Ivy, and more  

Forum BFF: Everyone!!!

I'm an autistic Christian

@Gulfstream: Thanks! This was over 1,000 words and 3 pages long.

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

It's great Nightwolf! I'm making my form now, so maybe I'm going to be a new girl?

• Posted at:

>^-^<~кitςt~>^-^<

They/She/Ne/Xe/Cat

Dragon/Human/Cat/Candy

Quintuplets with Dellow, Quartz, Daisy, and Ellysia

I'm a Lesbian. Hi "

Act like the Candy Bar you Are!" -KitCat 8/1/18

Bookmark! This is great!

• Posted at:

ivy

why are uppercase and lowercase letters a thing? why don't we just write in all caps or all lc.? it's basically just western languages that do this? is this another relic of our eurocentric mentality and world? if so, i reject this way of life

This is great!

• Posted at:

Long live the KING

Tomorrow dawns in darkness

Because I could not stop for death

he kindly stopped for me

The carriage held but just ourselves

and immortality

@KitCat: This is only the prologue! More will come afterwards!

@Ivy: Thanks!

@King: Thank you!

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

Sometimes I wonder why I write when other people can write this good...

• Posted at:

G͛̆̆̇҉̢̦̜͇ά̡̬̣̱̦͕̿̉ͫ̇̋͛ͬ͠ʅ̸̺̩́ͣͨ͢ᾳ̸͉͉̂͗ͣͮ̿ͤ̇̓͘͜x̙̭̝̝͈̼͙͑̈́̓͛ͬ̑͂ͮ͟ͅy̟̪̹̪ͤ͑͘

@Galaxy: Thanks! In my eyes, it's a piece of trash. I write pretty badly.

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

@nightwolf

same with me, my writing is probably decent to other people but I always manage to find flaws everywhere

• Posted at:

Bookmark.

• Posted at:

Terminus

(Formerly Nephrite)

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

How did you get the title to look like that?

• Posted at:

Terminus

(Formerly Nephrite)

Best forumfic ever.

• Posted at:

Terminus

(Formerly Nephrite)

Lol. You did me so well! But I doubt I'd rely on books for life advice. I'd probably text Topaz and ask her XD

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Friendly Neighborhood Fangirl

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

I’m really going to miss the forums. I love all of you! Please find me on homebase! My user is the same!

@Nephrite: Text generstor!

@Reading: Thanks! XD Go ask Topaz.

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

Wasn't expecting to be a focus point right away but you actually captured me pretty well XD and I would have Googled it, I had no idea there was even such thing as a "super herd" until this

• Posted at:

~Topaz

a.k.a. Panic! At the Everywhere

Detroit: Become Human

Gravity Falls

Steven Universe

Imagine Dragons

"Life is not the things that we do, it's who we're doing them with."

Est. 7/15/2016

@Topaz: Thanks! I tried XD

Anyway, chapter one is coming up! I'm working on it!

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

Yay excited for it!

• Posted at:

>^-^<~кitςt~>^-^<

They/She/Ne/Xe/Cat

Dragon/Human/Cat/Candy

I'm a Lesbian. Hi "

What's you're chapter frequency one a day, one every other day, one a week, two a week, one whenever you feel like it?

• Posted at:

Terminus

(Formerly Nephrite)

@Nephrite: It will start off one chapter everyday, but will slowly change.

@Everyone: Chapter 1 is up! I feel like I rushed towards the end. But nonetheless, enjoy reading!

-Chapter 1-

“Galaxy, you ready?” King asked.

“Yeah,” Galaxy replied. “I just can’t put my wrench inside of my bag…” Galaxy gritted his teeth in an attempt to put his wrench inside his bag. After two minutes, he gave up completely. “Why can’t it fit in?” he said exasperatedly.

“Why do you even need the wrench?” King asked, a bit annoyed. “In what situation would you need a wrench for?”

“Well, you can use it to hit people,” a voice replied from the hall. “Plus, wrenches are quite useful to inventing things.”

“Kiran. ‘Sup dude,” King said. “Also, I don’t think that we would be inventing something while getting out of Eryas.”

“Hello, King. Galaxy, are you ready?” Kiran asked.

“Did you not hear what I had just asked Galaxy?” King said as he facepalmed.

“No, sorry. What did you ask?” Kiran replied.

King sighed. “Well, I had just asked him if he was ready. And he wasn’t.”

Galaxy groaned and flopped onto the bed. “I couldn’t fit my wrench into my bag!”

“Oh, well in that case then, you can put it inside my bag,” Kiran said.

“YES! THANK YOU!” King shouted. “Why didn’t I think of that? That’s a perfect solution! Kiran, you’re a genius!”

“Um, thanks?” Kiran said, blushing. “It’s quite simple, really.”

“Are you boys ready?” Felicity said, entering the room. “We don’t have much time left. Let’s go! Come on!”

“Yeah,” Kiran said as he zipped the zipper on his bag. He looked at Felicity. “Ready to go.”

NightWolf waited for Galaxy, King, and Kiran. “They’re late,” she muttered. “I hope they know that.”

Just a couple minutes ago, the group sent Felicity to go see what was up and get the boys.

Soon, she noticed four people running in her direction. She squinted her eyes to see who they were. It was pretty dark, after all. To her relief, it wasn’t nightguards. It was just Galaxy, King, Kiran, and Felicity.

“Thank goodness,” she sighed. “I thought they were nightguards.”

It seems that we aren’t anywhere close to Topaz’s arrival, are we? Well, a month after Topaz’s arrival, things started to change. Topaz joined their group, five other people joined their group, and something else. This other thing was terrible. The group soon realized that Eryas wasn’t really what it was. Eryas was just a façade for what it really was. The government was also a façade.

Eryas wasn’t here to help NightWolf and her friends. No, they were so wrong. Eryas wasn’t a place in Zlein where it would give a good life to those who were different. Eryas was here to guard and see how those with animal DNA were different. To segregate them from “normal” human beings.

NightWolf once thought that the word half-animals, which was what the government called them, was a nice word. She thought that the word would make them feel better, knowing that they were half-animals and could do things regular humans couldn’t.

But now, she could see that it wasn’t a nice word. It was meant to hurt, not to make her and others like her feel better. She was so naïve to believe what they told her. Why didn’t she have seen that the government was lying all along?

“Thinking about how the government was lying all along? Upset at how you were lied to?” Reading softly asked her.

“No,” NightWolf lied. “Just thinking about how we are going to get out of Eryas.”

Reading chuckled. “I know that you’re lying. We’ve been friends long enough to understand that. Also, I’m sure that every one of us has seen that look on our faces a million times before.”

“I guess you’re right,” NightWolf said. “It’s just that things are so different. I just wish that we were normal.”

“Don’t wish for that,” Longclaw said. “We are special to have the blood of animals. Not everyone has that trait, you know.”

“Yeah,” Ivy agreed. “We are special. Don’t let what the government say about us get into your head.”

“We’re here!” a voice cried.

“Shhh! Don’t be so loud! The guards might hear us!” Nephrite scolded and furrowed his eyebrows. Nephrite Quillan was one of those five new members, along with Amare Cao, Carter McKnight, Katrina Mari, who goes by Kat, and Thunderstorm Fulgar, who went by TS, Thunder, and by closer friends, Thundy.

“Sorry,” King said. “I got a tiny bit excited.”

“Tiny bit excited?” Felicity said, scoffing. “I don’t think so.”

“Are you sure, Leci?” King said.

NightWolf noticed that Reading looked slight angry when King called Felicity “Leci”. They all called Felicity “Leci” as a nickname, but why was Reading upset?

Is it because Reading likes him? NightWolf wondered. I don’t know…

Reading was angry. The way that King called Felicity “Leci” was frustrating her. Why couldn’t he call her by her nickname? Well, she didn’t really have a nickname, but at the moment, she really wanted one.

Why can’t I be like Felicity? she thought. Why can’t I ever be brave and strong in front of King? When I am with him, I mess up all my words. I become awkward and I cringe at myself.

Reading took a breath and exhaled. She couldn’t focus on love right now. She had to get out of Eryas. And then after that, she might start focusing on love.

But later wasn’t right now.

“Let’s go now, since that everyone is here.” Reading said, her pale blue eyes flickering with annoyance. She kept her gaze on the ground.

“Yes,” Amare agreed. “Let’s go.”

“I’ll lead the way,” Kiran said.

“Kiran, but you’re so young,” Amare said.

“No worries, Kat,” Kiran said. “Though I am the youngest, I already made plans with Galaxy about how to get out of Eryas. The entrance is on Branch Street, and we are in Lexington Street.”

“So it takes us around 20 minutes to get to the entrance!” Galaxy finished.

“Sounds like a reasonable plan,” Carter said. “But what happens when we reach the entrance of Eryas?”

“Well, there would be guards there,” Kiran started to explain. “Galaxy and I invented this bomb that makes you sleepy made from crushed chamomile. Once the guards are knocked out, we have to carefully search the area for other guards that might have escaped the wrath of the bombs.”

“So the bombs are dangerous?” Carter snorted.

“Not really,” Galaxy replied. “It just makes you fall asleep really fast.”

“Oh, ok. That’s good. I don’t want to be harmed accidentally.” Carter said.

“Then after that,” Galaxy continued after Kiran. “We will climb over the fence. Some of us can turn into flying animals, such as Topaz and I, so we can just fly over carrying our stuff.”

“Galaxy, isn’t your bag pretty heavy though?” Katrina asked.

“That’s why I brought my invention that lightens your bags!” Galaxy said. “Now everyone, give me your bags.”

Reading and her friends all handed Galaxy their bags. Galaxy held a small machine in his hand. When he pressed a green button at the bottom, it shot a green ray of light on the bags.  “Okay,” he said after he was done. “It’s ready. Pick it up.”

Reading picked up her bag, expecting it to feel as heavy as usual, but was shocked at how light it felt. She fell backwards before King caught her in his arms.

“Gotcha!” he said. He flashed a smile at Reading and she blushed. “Are you okay?”

“Um, yeah,” Reading said sheepishly. “I’m fine. No need to worry about you. I mean me.” She was happy that it was night so that King couldn’t see her blush.

“Good. It wouldn’t feel nice to get injured before we even start, right?”

“Yeah.” Reading said.

Then. King walked away back to his own bag. He almost fell over but stabled himself. King looked over to Reading. “I see why you fell,” he said with a sheepish smile.

Reading laughed at King. “Yeah,” she said. I feel so happy! Reading thought with a smile. That was perfect. I wish it would always be like this when I’m around King.

King walked back to Reading holding his bag. “If you fall again, I will catch you again. I’ll be your knight in shining armor,” he joked. “So would you like it if I walked with you?”

Reading’s heart raced. “Yes!” she said. “But if you fall, I might be there to catch you too.”

I didn’t mess that sentence up, Reading thought. This is like a dream come true!

***

Katrina’s mind raced. Will she survive? Were her friends wrong the whole time? Was the government trying to help people like her?

She didn’t know what to believe and what not to.

As she and her friends carefully walked to Branch Street. “Thundy?” she asked the girl next to her.

“Yeah?” the girl replied.

“Do you believe that we’ll survive?” Katrina asked.

“Of course. Why not?” Thunderstorm replied.

“Well, I get this feeling that we won’t,” Katrina said, slightly embarrassed.

“You’re just like NightWolf,” Felicity, who was to Katrina’s left, said. “You’re both sad during the happiest of times. We’re going to leave Eryas! We’re going to freed and do whatever we want! Be happy! Smile!”

“Yeah, but it’s so hard,” Katrina muttered. “Habits never die hard, I guess.”

“Guys, we’re here,” Kiran said. “I’m going to throw my bombs. Galaxy, want to help me?”

“Sure,” Galaxy replied. He crawled over to where Kiran was and took a bomb in Kiran’s hand. They both threw the bomb in unison.

There were many colors in the air. So beautiful…Katrina thought.

When the guards were knocked out, everyone got out of the trees they were hiding in and searched the area or any remaining guards. Luckily, they found no guards at all.

“The area’s clear,” Kiran said. “Let’s go. Thank goodness.”

Topaz, Galaxy, Thunderstorm, and Reading changed into their bird forms. Reading could fly for only a short while in her peacock form though. They held their bags in their talons and flew across the fence and turned back into a human.

Everyone else climbed over the fence since they were pretty strong.

“We did it!” NightWolf said. “Yes!”

“And we better go as well,” Galaxy said. “They might wake up.”

“Right,” Ivy said. “Let’s go.”

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

It's the longest chapter I've ever written in my life...

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

It’s really good so far! 

• Posted at:

ATbAsH

on hiatus//dead inside

bnha trash

Yeeeee!! A character is jealous of my character!! That's literally never happened before but I love it!!!

• Posted at:

Gulfstream

She/Her

Empress of Positivity

Forum Sisters: Violet, Lunastar, Bixbite, Riri, Sanetra, Hyperbole, Ivy, and more  

Forum BFF: Everyone!!!

I'm an autistic Christian

Lol why was I so happy when Kat was portrayed? Anyways, good chapter. 

• Posted at:

>^-^<~кitςt~>^-^<

They/She/Ne/Xe/Cat

Dragon/Human/Cat/Candy

I'm a Lesbian. Hi "

This is awesome!!! The whole time I cringed at the awkwardness of myself because you did it so correct XD 

I also died laughing thinking about a little peacock flapping over a fence 

btw some of my friends call me Reads if your in need of a nickname 

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

I’m really going to miss the forums. I love all of you! Please find me on homebase! My user is the same!

Reads  

I laughed at the image of a tiny Elf Owl carrying a probably large backpack over a fence XD I know it wasn't heavy but it's still funny.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Gravity Falls

Steven Universe

Imagine Dragons

Est. 7/15/2016

Great story so far.

I love how ridiculously OP my character is

• Posted at:

Yay Carter was mentioned! And he said something! I think he needs something about him... All the readers know is his name...
  • Posted at:

~Sorrel~

MISTAKES ARE PROOF THAT YOU ARE TRYING

#KevinTheButterfly

#RememberTheLost

#Colorless

IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW FAST YOU ARE GOING, AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT STOP

Again, | \/\/¡$|-| that ¡ (0u|d write this G00|)

• Posted at:

@Everyone: Chapter 2 is coming out either tomorrow or today!

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

Call me Lucky! -Formerly Tide

One year member!(Nov, 19)

HiveWings

FaWing

#Blicket

#Moonbli

Hamilton Fanatic

Free Smiles! :)

Hehe I'm Back

*Cough,*Cough

No one Cares

Cool!

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Woop woop!

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Gravity Falls

Steven Universe

Imagine Dragons

Est. 7/15/2016

The chapter will be out today!

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

Hey Nightwolf, do you think you could include something about Hurricane in either this chapter or the next chapter?

• Posted at:

>^-^<~кitςt~>^-^<

They/She/Ne/Xe/Cat

Dragon/Human/Cat/Candy

I'm a Lesbian. Hi "

*Falls off chair* yOU READ MY MIND.

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

Lol. So is the chapter being dellayed...?

• Posted at:

>^-^<~кitςt~>^-^<

They/She/Ne/Xe/Cat

Dragon/Human/Cat/Candy

I'm a Lesbian. Hi "

Ish. I'm on the third point of view. I might have it up later.

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

Take your time.

• Posted at:

>^-^<~кitςt~>^-^<

They/She/Ne/Xe/Cat

Dragon/Human/Cat/Candy

I'm a Lesbian. Hi "

Poke

• Posted at: