Long story short, I have a series of elemental OCs I’m writing a story about, but I’m having high-key trouble developing like half of them, but it’ll look weird if I don’t have the full set, so I’m wondering if I should keep trying/waiting for them to start fleshing themselves out or if I should scrap them all, at least for the time being.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

opal.rb

gender not found

Also it’s kinda hard to manage a cast of nine characters who live all over the world.

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

BTW! If each character lives in separate areas, make certain chapters about each, if you haven't already! Get to “know” your characters and how they act! Get “into character”, so to speak! These are just my ideas btws! No hard feels! 

• Posted at:

><><Yuuki><><

She/Her

><><><><><><><><><

Ramen Princess

^East is up^ Aspriring Actress

#RememberHurricane #Twico

BELIEVE IT!

OKAY!! If you’ve already started writing, my advice will be hard. 

-Develope ALL characters (besides background characters) before writing your story!

In other words, if I was you, I’d take a moment to develope all your OCs firsthand. If you don’t like some things about your OCs, go ahead and change them!! If you need help creating them, I’m more than willing! ;)

• Posted at:

><><Yuuki><><

She/Her

><><><><><><><><><

Ramen Princess

BELIEVE IT!

Thanks, I think my primary issue is figuring out how to get them all together at some point.

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

then you should make an event that would happen to bring them altogether or whatever

• Posted at:

Elements are lightning and water!

call me Shard!

forum Fam: Cobra, Stormbringer

better then most at Halo (realy good)

#moonbli

#cleril

Oh yeah, that can definitely be an issue!! I would slowly gather them together, like..

-two or three of them meet in an airport, all going to the same place.

-sit on a plane, or bus next to each other.

-meet in a store

-could all meet at a convention

I couldn’t think of many more, but if you need more help I’m happy to help!

• Posted at:

><><Yuuki><><

She/Her

><><><><><><><><><

Ramen Princess

BELIEVE IT!

Uhhhhh boarding school with lots of international students

Also you could cut down on the amount of elements if that makes it easier (unless that, y'know, ruins the whole story)

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

"The Biggest Flex Anyone Will Ever Have Is Dying"

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

quick tip

fill out a big detailed form for ocs that you find online. if you can't fill it out, develop them more. give them a unique personality and then have all 9 meet at a place that is right for your story- for mine, it was a military school.

• Posted at:

~Jade~

Queen of Loopholes, Insanity, and Theories

Princess of ellipsis and Grammar

Forever the universe

I joined August 13, 2015

Too soon did this spinning storm of delight leave us.

Too soon.

#RememberHurricane

I’m weird in the sense that my characters are sort of hyper-developed to me. The ones that are fully developed are my actual children. However, I’m having an issue with the others because I can’t force my characters to be real to me, something normally happens that gives me a connection with them. I really want them to meet up, but apart of the whole story is that they don’t meet by chance, they meet because of one common theme, a set of voices in their heads. My problem is these voices can’t communicate with each other, so there’s not way for nine strangers to travel the world at meet at the same place in time. I’m probably just overthinking though.

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

Maybe the voices are related to each other, and they all want the same thing? So that's why they all want the nine characters to go to the same place at the same time, even if they can't communicate with each other.

• Posted at:

Yellow

Zebrasarecool

#SunnyLickedAQibli

#ClerilIsAFruit

DemonxYellow

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ~The Lorax

Christian!

"LICK LICK LICK" she saids as she was put in an assylum