KOMAEDA TIME BABEY
I went through every scene with him during the despair disease and realized really quickly he spent a lot of it unconscious
the time he spends speaking is a mix of 1. complete nonsense, or 2. foreshadowing/general observations. For reference, a quick rundown of everything I picked up a meaning from him saying
- Says the original Fuyuhiko is dead, and that the one in the room is a clone. Just after Fuyuhiko set aside his old persona (his old self is dead) and started opening up to the others.
- Says Nekomaru is dead, and a transfer student will be coming to the island. (Nekomaru sacrificed himself the night before, returns as Mechamaru the next chapter)
- Not really something of importance he says but raves about despair and then instantly collapses
- Worth mentioning his poor reception to the disease because of his poor health, something you wouldn't know for fact until chapter four if at all because of the gating in his ftes.
- Mentions the "twin Ibukis are singing" the night after his health improves, the same time Ibuki would have been killed. I feel like there's some kind of reference being made but if there is I don't feel like looking it up
- Not a foreshadowing thing but just That One Scene telling Hajime to leave we all know the one (hajime literally says a couple nights ago that komaeda has the liar's disease hajime pwease!!!)
- After being "cured" he mentions that "of course" he's fine, and that he has "nothing to worry about," which may or may not be aftereffects of the disease (something I'll touch on in a moment)
Not komaeda related but I wanted to touch on something I noticed about Mikan while combing through komaeda's scenes
She mentions wanting to cure him "no matter what it takes" only about a day into the quarantine, and the time in the hospital lasts about three-ish days
Based on how she acts she likely had the disease about a good day or so before she actually committed the murders and I just thought it was a neat little way to showcase the despairs' willingness to lay down their life for their cause, e.g. keeping him alive in such a despairful situation in a roundabout way to bring more despair.
I'm not really in the mood to comb through the entire trial to see if I can catch any lingering lies from komaeda little random things related to the disease and some that might not be
mostly relating to effects from the disease. Akane seems more emotionally aware after the disease ordeal, though it's possible that's also from the ordeal with Nekomaru and might not be as related to the disease
I feel like Mikan's disease is most notable in terms of effects, e.g. the fact that it literally reverted her back to being despair even after the disease was "cured." Even if the disease had been completely wiped from all the characters she'd likely still have those memories and continue on acting as despair because of it.
In relation to Komaeda, I'm not really sure if he ends up with any lingering effects. In the beginning of chapter four he seems much more distrustful, or at least more intent on spreading distrust among the group, and is much more interested in the traitor than he had been. But frankly, I'm not sure of anything that could be related to the disease without relating to any other can of worms this game has
anyways I'm uhhh Sleeby I hope that's what you wanted to hear chanty