I am new to the forums, could anyone help me learn how to use it?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Jacob

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Legends never die.

If by Mormon you mean Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, then yes.

BYU Fan

He who has no fear cannot be brave.

Master of the Elements

Hello fightingdragon8921! I'm examiningfingernails1, or Jupiter. I suggest you make a signature (the thing beneath forumer's posts), and put in your nickname there. You should also go to a couple of the sticky threads, like the ones explaining stuff. I bet Fairydragon will be here soon, she'll explain a lot.
  • Posted at:

Jupiter, the forum trollfic creator.
Hello! I'm Sorrel! Welcome to the WoFMB; we're glad to have you. You should probably... (1) make a siggy, or Signature. (2) make some friends! (3) join a role-play or two. They help you get to know others here, and for us to get to know you! I hope this was useful, but I'm sure others will come with more advice.
  • Posted at:

~Sorrel~

MISTAKES ARE PROOF THAT YOU ARE TRYING

#KevinTheButterfly

#RememberTheLost

#Colorless

IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW FAST YOU ARE GOING, AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT STOP

Thanks guys

• Posted at:

Jacob

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Legends never die.

If by Mormon you mean Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, then yes.

BYU Fan

He who has no fear cannot be brave.

Master of the Elements

Hello

i’m glad you are here

the forums are a safe place where we all share thoughts and talk about  wings of fire

you will hear the word forumfic a lot. It basically is a forum role play where we make characters and act a story out. Some popular examples are GGaD which means gods, goddesses, and Deitys(I don’t participate in this one so don’t ask me), WoF which means wings of Fire. Another big one is warriors forumfics. People like to share thoughts on here. If someone would like to do something like that, they make a “homethread”. They can have many names depending on the person posting it. You can usually spot them because they have homethread somewhere in the title. If you do or say anything hurtful or mean, you can get banned. The ban usually lasts different times depending on what you did. You can also ban other people for having something bad in a post. With great power comes great responsibility, nobody likes someone who bans everyone. there are these things below someone’s name called signatures. It basically tells something about yourself and the things you like. You may see some signatures with “#rememberhurricane. Hurricane was a popular former who sadly passed away a few weeks back. The little stars on posts and everything are similar to like buttons on YouTube. If someone likes your post, they may give you a star. You can give others stars too. In the top right corner next to your name, there is a star with a number next to it. That’s how many stars people gave you. You mays see people postings about how they got so-and-so stars. Sometimes people will have titles to forums called summoning whoever. It basically means they want to talk to them directly. Sometimes in people’s signatures, they will have a large word or something similar. It’s there nickname of sorts. For example mine is Scorch. You can call someone by there nickname or account(people prefer nickname).

thats about all I can tell you, thanks if you read till the end.

if you need anything, just summon me

-Scorch 

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

[incert mark twain quote here]

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

Welcome

• Posted at:

Call me Lucky! -Formerly Tide

One year member!(Nov, 19)

HiveWings

FaWing

#Blicket

#Moonbli

Hamilton Fanatic

Free Smiles! :)

Hehe I'm Back

*Cough,*Cough

No one Cares

Welcome, I'm Platinum. Enjoy your stay.

• Posted at:

PLATINUM

He/Him

Ex-Programmer

78th Element, Pt.

Homethread: /344630

#RememberTheLost

"Never been a perfect soul, but I will not apologize."

Sorry, but I must correct Scorch.

A forumfic comes from the word fanfic, you probably know what a fanfic is.

So a forumfic is a story written by a forumer, and it features characters created by other forumers (the characters are mainly reincarnations of themselves). There is usually a sign-up thread and a story thread for these.

What Scorch is talking about is a FWRP, which is also known as a Forum Wide Role Play. These are just like normal role plays. The only difference is that the RP is on multiple threads, and anyone can make them.

Please ask us if you have any other questions about the forums.

Oh, hey. Anyways I'm Time, welcome to the forums!

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

This is my Forumfic sign-up thread: /339280, If you want to read it, here: /340457

Triplets with Rune and Tiger

I'm thinking of putting something here for the end of the fourms but idk yet.

Icy Spicy!

Welcome, Jacob!! ( -cough- totally don't know you) I'm a visitor from the SAMB, my original mb. Hope you enjoy your stay here!! (-cough- still definitely don't know you -cough-) 

• Posted at:

✰✰✰✰

₥₳Ɽł₳Ⱨ ØⱤ ₥₳Ɽł

✰✰✰✰

ᴏʜ sɪʟʟʏ ɢɪʀʟ. ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ ʙɪɢ ᴏғ ᴀ ɢᴀʟᴀxʏ ʜᴇ ɪs ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ sɪɴɢʟᴇ sᴛᴀʀ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʜɪs. -ᴀ.ᴇ.ᴇ

✰✰✰✰

7/25/15

✰✰✰✰

Hi Jacob! Welcome to the WoF forums! I'm Rainbow. If you need any help just ask! I'll be away for a week so TTYL! Nice to meet you! 

• Posted at:

Rαιɴвo

She/Her

est. 2016

Hi! Welcome to the WoFMB, Jacob! Here's a bit (or, um, I suppose it is quite a lot) of tips and advice!

If you've just started reading Wings if Fire, I have to warn you, most people aren't careful with spoilers, and there's a bunch of them going around for The Lost Continent. In fact, The Lost Continent is probably the only book people are putting spoiler warnings for right now.

And here's some terms and abbreviations:

-Thread A thread is what we call a topic, a.k.a. a post you can reply to, like this one.

-Signature We call them sigs or a siggy for short. There's a 250 character limit though, including spaces.

-Color fade A lot of people like to use color fade in their signatures (like some of the hashtags in my sig). To do it, look up ' text color fader ', follow the instructions on the site, and then copy and paste it here. If that doesn't work, then copy and paste the HTML code (it might be harder to copy and paste if you're on mobile, though). If you're putting it in your sig, press submit, and then it'll probably return you back to the "Signature" page and say that you've gone over the character count. The HTML code will probably have turned into the fade. Just press Submit again, and it should work, unless you really have gone over the character count.

-Die When a thread dies, it means that nobody has responded to it in a long time.

-OCs A lot of people also have ' OCs ' which stands for ' Original Character ' or '  Own Character '. They're basically characters you make so you can roleplay with them, and you usually put a description of them like this:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Other:

I see you already have one in your signature!

-RPs and FWRPs RP is short for "Roleplay", and FWRP means "Forum-Wide Roleplay". In a roleplay, there's usually a specific plot, and you submit your OC, and if you're accepted your OC interacts with other's OCs in short posts (most people have a certain color for each character, called a PoV color. PoV stands for Point of View), usually like this:

Snowstorm curiously picked up the curved, yellow fruit, wondering if it was edible. "Hey, Lily?" she asked the RainWing next to her. "What kind of fruit is this?"

(Sorry if that's hard to read) 

Then, someone else posts a PoV, and bit by bit you can complete whatever quest they're on, or defeat a great evil, or something like that. It depends on the RP.

Lily glanced at the fruit Snowstorm was holding, and then giggled. "It's called a banana." she answered. "They're really good."

(Again, sorry if that's hard to read)

In a FWRP, there's usually a sign-up thread, which you submit your OCs in, and then the maker of the FWRP posts a starting thread, to start it off. Afterwards, anyone can make a thread to RP in (You put the FWRP's abbreviation in the title so people know which FWRP it is, and then a  short sentence describing  what's going on. For example:

{GGaD} In the Modern Sect, a shadow flashes by, running towards a dark alley...

Then, in the thread, you PoV a longer description, sometimes explaining the location's appearance, and usually explaining what's going on.

The figure looks female, and you catch a glimpse of wings beneath their cloak. At the back of the alley, the figure mutters something unintelligible, then taps a brick. The brick wall turns see-through, and you see a passageway much longer than should fit on the block. The figure goes right through the semi-visible wall, and sets off hurriedly.

The entrance still hasn't closed. Follow?

FWRPs don't usually have strict plots, and anyone can make one up for extra drama :)

A really popular FWRP is GGaD (Gods, Goddesess, and Dieties), where you can make your own deity and demigods, and a variety of other  mythological figures. It's been going on for nearly a year.

-Bump, poke, boop and up These are just some things that we post to try to keep a thread from dying. There are other (sometimes strange) alternatives too, such as Pokemon or mongoose.

-WoF This stands for Wings of Fire.

-WoFMB This stands for Wings of Fire Message Board, another way to say 'forums'.

-SA Spirit Animals. It's another book series.

-SAMB Spirit Animals Message Board. A lot of forumers come from here, and we go back and forth a lot.

-Stars The star on the bottom right corner of a post. If someone stars a post, it means they like it. The total number of stars you have is written on the top right corner of the screen (if you're on mobile, press the three lines on the top left of the screen, it will be displayed there, instead). You can't unstar posts.

-ForumFics As Time explained, a ForumFic is a story someone writes, with the forumers as the characters.

-TrollFic A TrollFic is like a ForumFic, but it usually isn't as serious (story and plot-wise), and is very random and funny.

-Homethreads A homethread is a place where you can just dump random ideas and thoughts, or contact someone.

-#RememberHurricane And as Scorch said, on the 21st of July this year, a forumer called Maori Hurricane (or just Hurricane) died in a car crash. A lot of people are putting this hashtag in their sigs, and sometimes turn it blue (Hurricane's favorite color was blue). She was pretty well known...

-Thread numbers If someone gives you a sting of numbers, such as /327460, it's called a thread number. To use it, type it in at the end of the URL.

To go to /327460 (it's the sign-up thread for GGaD, if you want to check it out) you change the URL from what it is right now to wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/327460.

Click enter, and then you should be at your destination!

-Stalker Someone who reads a thread but doesn't post. On some other MBs, they might be called lurkers.

-Crasher Someone who posts on a private thread.

-Summoning thread A thread calling someone (or several someones) over so they can chat or plan a RP, usually, but there's lots of things you can do in one. The title usually has the nickname of whoever the maker is summoning, and it's usually something like "Summoning Riri!" or "Fairydragon, I summon you!", though there are lots of variations.

Oh, right, and don't forget that this place is a random, wonderful place filled with creativity, puns, and desserts!

I hope you enjoy your time here in the forums, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

-Fairydragon

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts