Long story short, I came out to my parents and they hate me. 

Basically, I have a crush on a girl at practice, but per usual, I beat myself up for it because I know it isn’t right. About two weeks ago I made myself extremely stressed and worked up about it because she was talking to me and acknowledging my presence for the first time in a while that day and I was trying to suppress my feelings for her. When I got home I was just in a terrible mood and I had become extremely irritable and depressed. My mom knew something was up and confronted me about crying, and she kinda forced it out of me. I told her I was bi. And so she sort of just went “are you sure” and I was like “yeah very sure I have a huge crush on (blank) and I hate it.” And she gave me that look of disappointment and we left the conversation at that. 

We haven’t really spoken since then. I find it hard to make eye contact with either of them because I know for a fact my mom told my dad and now he won’t talk to me either. Now that I’ve come out I feel even more hatred and resentment towards myself than I did before because the more sure I am that I like girls, the more I hate myself for being this way... 

So yeah. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Periwinkle~

HUFFLEPUFF | GLOBANATURSOCIET|

SEAWININFJ FANGIRSAVETHEWHALES | 

SOULSTEALEAND MORE!

KalahariRippleStarlingAhiFeardweller

AisuSirpaleAtlantisOceanusFern

"Aw, Deathknights!" 

TotS: Maddio, level 60 Archer

I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything we could do to help?

• Posted at:

`·.·★Aηgie/Sappho/Melon★·.·´

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

when the light is running low

and the shadows start to grow 

and the places that you know

seem like fantasy

Oof. Sorry. That must be awful.

• Posted at:

~{Alphawolf/K-9}~

~The Forum Doggo

~ Alpha of the OFWP

~ Dino-nerd

~ The Alpha Spartan

~ CT-43782  

#WeAreODST  

Thought Id try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little. -John-117  

I am a lone wolf.

god that...that sucks peri. im so sorry and i wish there was something more i could do to help.

i think the first thing you need to do is accept that what you're feeling ISN'T wrong. i know it's hard, especially if it's internalized to be disgusted, but you'll feel so much better once you do. i cant offer much advise about this other than whenever thoughts of disgust or hatefulness toward yourself about being bi pop up, start dismissing them or telling yourself that you're not a bad person, being bi doesn't make you a bad person. the way you are talking sounds like you aren't trying to do this in the slightest and trust me the best way to accept yourself is to stop allowing yourself to think the way you are.

after that, or before if you think you want to, you can talk to your parents. I think it will be easier to do this after you start getting rid of the internalized homophobia. you can confront them about why they have been acting strangely, and it's going to be awkward and stressful. But if you can work it out it will be so much better.

if you have more open-minded siblings (i dont even know if you have siblings) you can try to get their support when you talk to your parents.

tl;dr - you are not a bad person for liking girls and its crucial to your health to stop thinking that you are.

we all love and support you so much and im so so so sorry this is happening. being forced out is a terrible thing.

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

we rest in an unvisited tomb

Sweetie, it’ll be okay. We’ve all gone through something like this, or will in the future. God made us who we are, he made us to love. It’s not your fault, Peri! Being you makes you perfect, no matter all the imperfections you think you have, they make you who you are. You can be yourself, it doesn’t matter what other people think, or say. You’re special and amazing the way you are, nobody can change that!! If you need anything, a friend, advice, someone to talk to, come summon me! ;) You’re a great person, I don’t think you deserve any less. 

• Posted at:

><><Yuuki><><

She/Her

><><><><><><><><><

Ramen Princess

^East is up^ Aspriring Actress

#RememberHurricane #Twico

BELIEVE IT!

Periwinkle, I am so sorry that this has happened to you. *takes deep breath to tell story*

When I was in fourth grade, I was hanging out with my best friend at recess. We were talking about crushes. She then said this "I would rather marry a girl than a boy" I didn't know that was even possible, and she without knowing it introduced me to LGBTQ. 

Fifth grade passed. I didn't even think about liking girls for the next year. I may have had a couple of female crushes without knowing it, but later in that year I started loosening all my crushes on guys. I just didn't like them anymore. I shrugged it off. 

Time for sixth grade. I learned that I was moving, and any traces of homosexuality was gone. Again, like in fifth grade I could have liked some girls but not realize it. During this time I read a book about a trans guy. It moved me to start doing research on LGBTQ. 

I arrived at my new school. I immediately went "Gross" to the boys. They were all awful. Some were nice, but I could never imagine myself likeing  them in any other way besides friendship. Also around this time I started to find the female body attractive. A picture of a guy with abs made me shrug, but a fit girl was so much more attractive. I came to the conclusion I was bi. 

When I didn't like boys. I only liked guys at this point, but I was ignorant. I learned more about LGBTQ from my own research. Around May I was working on an art project outside with a friend. Next to us was the Pride Club, so we started talking about it. She was the first person I ever came out too. School ended and I got to thinking. I decided I was bi who liked girls more. 

Around July I came to a conclusion that I was lesbian. I just didn't like guys. So I came out to my friends. It went mostly smoothly. Almost all of my friends were fine with it. Except one. During a sleepover party before I came out, we were shipping characters, and I said I shipped Anemone X Tamarin in Wings of Fire. She immediately said "You gay ship? That's so weird. I think liking the same gender is quite weird and unnatural." I wanted to tell her in that moment that the reason I gay shipped was because I was gay, but my social anxiety stopped me. 

I told all my friends over email. Everyone responded. Except the friend who didn't like gay shipping. I haven't talked to her since I sent out that email, and at this point I am still worrying that she hates me now. I came out to other friends that I met at camp, and one of them was even bi. She asked me about any girls I had a crush on, and we had a conversation about it. 

There is a key factor that I have left out in this story. The telling of my parents. And I wish I had a story for that, but I haven't told them yet. But what I will say, is that I am proud of you for coming out to your parents. Even if they dislike you, at least they know who you are. 

And don't hate yourself because you are bi. I mean it could be worse you could be lesbian(I'm just kidding) And who said it wasn't right? Oh right, a big dusty old book written thousands of years ago with thousands of lines, and one line in that big dusty book said marriage is between a woman and a man. And people are using this one line to discriminate against an entire race of humans. This is why I am an atheist(KitCat these jokes aren't funny)People have been wrong before. Women weren't given equal rights because of said dusty old book. People with a gorgeous tan (I mean have you seen some black women? They are so pretty!) weren't given equal rights because of a certain dusty old book. What I'm trying to say is, right and wrong is something about perception. To me, fantasizing about a girl seems right, where I can't stand to try and imagine doing the same things with a guy. That doesn't mean straight, bi or anyone else who likes boys are wrong, it's just wrong to me. 

Things that are wrong can be right. To your mom, being bi might be wrong, but to you it's perfectly right. It's just a matter of trying to get someone to see that it might be right. 

So until you can admit to yourself that you like girls, yes, liking girls will be wrong. But once you accept yourself, liking who you want to like, doing that is perfectly right. 

• Posted at:

>^-^<~кitςt~>^-^<

They/She/Ne/Xe/Cat

Dragon/Human/Cat/Candy

Quintuplets with Dellow, Quartz, Daisy, and Ellysia

I'm a Lesbian. Hi "

Act like the Candy Bar you Are!" -KitCat 8/1/18

you don’t need to hate yourself based on who you like. your feelings are valid and you don’t deserve this backlash over your coming out. try asking yourself why this is happening, and why you feel this way about your sexuality. if you need to, confront your parents. they want what they think is best for you and they’re legally obligated to give it to you. please, please do not beat yourself up over this! it might feel like you’re never going to change, and it’ll take time before you feel better, but you will. over time, you'll start to learn to accept yourself. you're not wrong or evil for liking anyone.

• Posted at:

m i r i 

✱ thanks for the laughs 

✱ goodbye comerades let’s get this bread 

Y’all say it like it’s easy to stop hating myself...

• Posted at:

~Periwinkle~

HUFFLEPUFF | GLOBANATURSOCIET|

SEAWININFJ FANGIRSAVETHEWHALES | 

SOULSTEALEAND MORE!

KalahariRippleStarlingAhiFeardweller

AisuSirpaleAtlantisOceanusFern

"Aw, Deathknights!" 

TotS: Maddio, level 60 Archer

i know that it's not and it sucks but the first step to not hating yourself is recognizing the hateful thoughts and pushing them away

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

we rest in an unvisited tomb

@Icarus Well I mean she already knows she hates herself...

@Peri, I don't think we can do much else for you. I get it, motivational messages don't really help. But that's what most people can give you. Nothing else. The only person who can solve your problems is yourself. You can get help in the right direction, but eventually it's all on you to decide how to handle things. We can't stop you from hating yourself, because the only person who decides whether you hate yourself is you. 

• Posted at:

>^-^<~кitςt~>^-^<

They/She/Ne/Xe/Cat

Dragon/Human/Cat/Candy

Quintuplets with Dellow, Quartz, Daisy, and Ellysia

I'm a Lesbian. Hi "

Act like the Candy Bar you Are!" -KitCat 8/1/18

*long sigh*

I can't say that I understand exactly what you're going through. But I'm pan (and fluid), and not at all out (except on the internet), because I'm afraid of exactly that.

There are resources out there to help you - such as the Trevor Project. It's not "wrong" to be gay, bi, poly, pan, ace, or anything else. Unfortunately, not everyone gets that. But you'll always find support in the rest of the LGBTQ+ community. Hold on, and update us. It's horrible that they didn't accept you, but there's not much to do about it now. The worst is over - you're out, and they haven't thrown you out of the house. It can only get better from here.

• Posted at:

<♔ ~Leo~ ♔>

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down

I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out

I am brave, I am bruised

I am who I'm meant to be, thi is me

They/them.

#SkylarEmeraldCarmenZoeyDanielLiveOn

#PutIRBack

Oh, gosh Periwinkle.  I'm so sorry.  I wish I could understand what you're going through better, but I'm gay and have amazingly supportive parents.  I agree with the other people who have said this, though.  Before you can get your parents to accept you, you have to accept you.  It's hard, I get it, it's really, really hard to do when you have so much internalized disgust and hatred, but you can do it.  The internet is an amazing resource.  Find some communitys.  The Trevor Project has a great LGBTQ+ community forum for 13 and older.  They have resources where you can have an online chat or text with someone.  They also have a 24/7 lifeline you can call.  Find other people of the community near you.  If you know anyone at all who you know is a member, talk to them.  Find support in your friends, or the media, wherever you can.  Try to love yourself.  Just a bit.  Tell yourself that your feelings aren't wrong, or disgusting, or dirty or awful or anything else, but feelings.  Tell yourself that again and again.  It's okay to like a girl.  It's okay to like a boy.  It's not unnatural, in fact, there are over 1,000 species of animals that have gay and lesbian members in them.  You are valid, you are right, you are not disgusting.

Once you've accepted yourself, talk to your parents.  Find some resources for them.  Show them some articles, or books, or quotes, or magazines, or all of the above!  List famous people who were members of the community (Elanor Roosevelt, Leonardo da Vinci).   They may never fully accept you, but they can make great strides.  In the mean time, immerse yourself in the things you love to do.  Practice your favorite hobby until you're sick of it for the day.  If you like reading, throw yourself into a book.  Watch YouTube or Netflix or something if you're allowed.  Distract yourself with everything you love. 

• Posted at:

If you wait until tomorrow today will be gone

If you don't sing you won't find a song

If you can't speak start to shout

If you can't move don't look at the crowd

In short, I'm Afternoon

#RememberHurricane

I'm sorry you have to go through this, Peri, it's a really sucky situation that nobody deserves to go through. Remember we're here for you, and, though it's going to he hard, it'll be best for you and your health if you accept yourself because there isn't anything wrong with being bi, no matter what anyone says. It's who you are, and anyone who says that's wrong, in my opinion, is the one who is wrong. It's going to be a hard journey, but I believe in you, Peri. We all believe in you, and we'll be there if you need support. I'm not the best person for advice or inspirational speeches, but I do know that you're a great person who doesn't deserve all of this.

• Posted at:

regicide

slytherin

but you can't just stay down on your knees

the revolution is outside