Do you want a game of mafia hosted here?

Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a party game created by Dmitry Davidoff, modelling a conflict between two groups: an informed minority (the mafia), and an uninformed majority (the innocents). At the start of the game, each player is secretly assigned a role affiliated with one of these teams. The game has two alternating phases: one, during which the mafia may covertly "murder" an innocent, and two, in which surviving players debate the identities of the mafia and vote to eliminate a suspect. The game continues until all of the mafia have been eliminated or until the mafia outnumbers the innocents. 

-Wikipedia

The game of deception (and screaming and shouting and all that) is a perfect way to let you know everyone here better

I have hosted some games in other forums and they have been accepted positively... so how about we do a game here?

However, since we can’t pm, we will have to rely on our players’ honesty to not read anyone else’s role thread *frowny face. But you guys can totally do that ; )

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

hello people

Btw, I am interested in knowing about whether this game is popular all around the world too. Have you heard about this game irl before? Or is this purely a forum game?

• Posted at:

hello people

Sounds interesting, but a lot of people will stalk, probably.

I know a game called Mafia that's sort of like this, but there's also a "doctor".

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts

^

Yeah, I play the version with the “doctor” too!

Except, in the version I’ve been playing, there’s a “detective”, and they choose a suspect, and if more than half of the people still in the game agree with them, then the accused person dies as well. If the mafia is killed, you win the game

• Posted at:

~Quartz~

I changed my mind I’m staying

That one person who always gives you the opposite of help.

Yeah, I love this game.

• Posted at:

~Sir_D3rpington~

Or just ~D3rp~

"Sociopathic chicken man named after an article of clothing"

When you hear a faint "yeet" in the distance,  yeah that's me.

yeet

ayy

aw hecc, i'm out of things to put down here.

Gregg rulz ok

Ohh lol

Wikipedia didn't do a good job explaining the game.. hmm but that is the easiest mafia setup.

Most games do come with a detective or cop as well as a doctor. Most games I play have way more roles, like roleblocker and a sniper and well, whatever role you can think of. (Just played one with 2 mafia factions and if they both target to kill the same person in their nightkill it won't succeed. Lol one of them targetted themselves to try to not die from the other mafia faction... ended up dead bc the other faction didn't even think of killing him)

Well true... we can't really keep anything 'safe' here... Any ideas to work around this? Maybe cipher the words in the supposed pm?

• Posted at:

hello people

I played a game like that at recess!

• Posted at:

««ғяεε∂σм™»»

Est. 1.13.18

Mod Eerf ©2018

KING O' LENNIES!

{he/him/fan-sea-nightwing/giant mountain/etc.}

2400+ ☆

#Myhomethreadisat/336075

#TexasStrong 

#DistrictSpellingBee 2/6/19

There's a detective a sheriff a few innocent and a murderer...

• Posted at:

««ғяεε∂σм™»»

Est. 1.13.18

Mod Eerf ©2018

KING O' LENNIES!

{he/him/fan-sea-nightwing/giant mountain/etc.}

2400+ ☆

#Myhomethreadisat/336075

#TexasStrong 

#DistrictSpellingBee 2/6/19

Wow, there are a lot of different versions...

The way I learned is that there's a storyteller, one person playing the mafia, a doctor, and the detective, plus a few innocents. Everyone closes their eyes and the storyteller picks people to do the roles, then one at a time, they pick someone to kill, save, and arrest. Then the storyteller makes up a story about what happened. It gets very interesting XD

(Someone got arrested for eating illegal applesauce, then killed. Several times. Someone (I think it was the same person) got arrested, killed, and saved all at once. Sometimes a nearby tree "plays" the game with us XD)

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts