Since HiveWings are descended from a NightWing and a SilkWing, any SilkWing/NightWing hybrids would simply be HiveWings.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Gleam~

She/Her/Spiky Potato

Flipside: Luna

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." ~Paul Brandt

ForumFam: Uxii, Eliza, Rune

In way too many roleplays

We will fight for our forums.

And we will win!

No the hivewings are descended from a yellow silkwing

• Posted at:

Elements are lightning and water!

call me Shard!

forum Fam: Cobra, Stormbringer

better then most at Halo (realy good)

#moonbli

#cleril

A hybrid dragon isn't suddenly a new tribe. How would the hybrid have any of the HiveWings abilities if neither of its parents are HiveWings? If HiveWings are Silk/Night descendents (they aren't), it would take hundreds if not thousands of years of evolution for them to have any of the abilities shown in canon, not one generation.

• Posted at:

~~Stormseer~~    

~EST: 10-10-2015~

~Lavender's Main Account~

~Remember The Lost~            

~114~

SPOILERS FOR TLC AND MAYBE EVEN LATER BOOKS BELOW

It is likely that them being descended from Clearsight is only propaganda. The future where Clearsight has dragonets is a possible future, not a guaranteed one. Not to mention, it's genetically impossible for every single HiveWing to be descended from Clearsight without lots of inter-family marriage. So, if my theory that the descended-from-Clearsight thing is false is true, Silk/Night hybrids are completely possible.

• Posted at:

wild/spades

joined july 2nd, 2016

approximate star count: 5400

don't let the memories of this place die

And that silkwings cant have black scales

• Posted at:

nickname: hope

94% of people think wolves are evil creatures. Copy and paste to your signature if you're the 6% who think they are kind and lovable.

Okay, here's what I think.  Darkstalker slept for about 2,000 years.  Right after she put him to sleep, Clearsight left for the lost continent.  While she was there, she had kids with a SilkWing.  The dragonets she had were a distant ancestor of the HiveWings.  Other SilkWings had dragonets with her dragonets, and over a long, long time, after much evolution, the HiveWing tribe was formed.

• Posted at:

If you wait until tomorrow today will be gone

If you don't sing you won't find a song

If you can't speak start to shout

If you can't move don't look at the crowd

In short, I'm Afternoon

#RememberHurricane

@Element: ...fair point.

@Stormseer: Um, yes, actually HiveWings are descended from Clearsight (a NightWing) and Sunstreak (a SilkWing). There are probably a ton of SilkWings in there, but they are descended from Clearsight. Way back. And Clearsight was, in fact, alive 2,000 years ago, so in fact, thousands of years of evolution.

@Wild: WHITE INK MAKES UP THE REST OF THIS PARAGRAPH, SPOILERS FOR TLC. Well, all clues point to Clearsight being the great-great-many-greats-grandmother of all HiveWings. Their scales are generally yellow; Sunstreak was shown to be a "gold-pink" SilkWing. They're certainly not descended from LeafWings; that would make them green, and have two wings, not four. Sunstreak was the only SilkWing in her visions.

@Afternoon: Yeah, I think that's right.

• Posted at:

~Gleam~

She/Her/Spiky Potato

Flipside: Luna

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." ~Paul Brandt

ForumFam: Uxii, Eliza, Rune

In way too many roleplays

We will fight for our forums.

And we will win!

Look up the evidence against evolution and you'll find there are some pretty serious holes in it. I think evolution is false

im Christian, deal with it

RESPECT BELIEFS!

• Posted at:

But to answer the original question, they're still possible, because HiveWings are a completely different tribe now.

• Posted at:

If you wait until tomorrow today will be gone

If you don't sing you won't find a song

If you can't speak start to shout

If you can't move don't look at the crowd

In short, I'm Afternoon

#RememberHurricane

@Gleam More spoilers for TLC

Really. The HiveWings are not descended from Clearsight in any way, shape, or form. Anyways, even if we don’t see HiveWings from Clearsight’s PoV 2000 years ago, that doesn’t mean they simply didn’t exist. I think HiveWings are their own tribe- not descended from SilkWings or LeafWings or NightWings. This is most definitely propaganda, and by believing it, you’re as innocent as the SilkWings. We would need a whole lot more NightWings to make an entire tribe full of NightWing/SilkWing hybrids, or else the NightWing blood would simply die out over time. Whiteout had dragonets with Thoughtful, and this blood was passed on for many generations to bring animi to the NightWing tribe, but the NightWings we see today don’t look like they have a drop of IceWing blood in them. The IceWing blood died out, so the entire NightWing tribe is not made of NightWing/IceWing hybrids. It’s simply common sense.

• Posted at:

~Quartz~

I changed my mind I’m staying

That one person who always gives you the opposite of help.

"I found some old biology books that said HiveWings used to have antennae, too," she said softly. "But when I asked my teacher about it, he said not to be impertinent, and then the books disappeared from the library." She sighed. "Everything interesting is off-limits. Why can't we study our own evolution? Don't you want to know what the tribes were like two thousand years ago, when Clearsight arrived?" 

"I never thought about it." he admitted. But she was right- if HiveWings were all descendants of Clearsight, what had they been like before she came to Pantala?

(Page 83 of The Lost Continent)

Idk if my other post is gonna go through but here's the part that implies that even if it's true that they're descendants of clesrsight, the hivewings existed before she arrived, they were just different than the current hivewings

• Posted at:

: 

@baseballtiger237, there's even more holes in Creationism.

• Posted at:

Like what

A, CHRISTIAN TOO EVELOTION FALSE

• Posted at:

Elements are lightning and water!

call me Shard!

forum Fam: Cobra, Stormbringer

better then most at Halo (realy good)

#moonbli

#cleril

okay this has turned into an evolution vs creationism thread so

evolution has been scientifically proven over and over and over. if you look up "is evolution real", there are countless articles proving evolution.

• Posted at:

wild/spades

joined july 2nd, 2016

(I’m not sure if this is against belief or not, but I kinda think god created what happened, like he created evolution and yeah I think i’m Having a religious identity Chrisis.) 

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

where people taunt, hope says “try one more time”

#youbelongtoaduck

your loving hybrid friend,

catwolf76

I think a fun experiment for the HiveWings would be to keep their eggs somewhere where they can be touched by moonlight. If a HiveWing with NightWing powers is possible, that'd be pretty cool. Maybe they'll find out about how NightWings got their powers in the next few books and try it for themselves.

• Posted at:

PLATINUM

He/Him

Ex-Programmer

78th Element, Pt.

Homethread: /344630

#RememberTheLost

"Never been a perfect soul, but I will not apologize."

it's actually called darwinism, after charles darwin- the evolution guy

anyway for this to happen after the first few generations the inbreeding coefficient would be too high(tm) for them to function normally along with all sorts of other various genetic diseases.

anyway it's most likely a story they like to tell to make themselves seem more superior

• Posted at:

Febreeze

he/him

[insert fancy quote+colour fade]

don't mind

it's nothing

Wyoming

That's not how it works

First off, The HiveWings are Silk/Night hybrids is NOT CONFIRMED CANON

And even if it was a 1st generation Silk/Night hybrid would not resemble a HiveWing in the slightest, it would just be a normal hybrid

• Posted at:

Basilisk

Ancient Queen of Snakes

Sovrano, Discord, Basil, Armonia, Beam

#RememberAngel

#Duality

#GvE

#Creativity

They probably are descended from clearsight and Sunstreak though? Obviously their first children aren’t the hivewings on Pantala in the present, but since that was two thousand years prior it’s entirely possible that they evolved into actual hivewings and made a tribe out of it.

• Posted at:

cσяεү

I'm not real. I'm theatre.

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help." -Loki

MBotF

b o o

ice cold

EVEN MORE TLC SPOILERS IN WHITE INK

also, hivewings look absolutely nothing like night/silk hybrids s o

• Posted at:

wild/spades

joined july 2nd, 2016

Right, in 2000 years one NightWing in the SilkWing population gave rise to a tribe that doesn't resemble either in the slightest, with lots of spines and stingers and fangs with venom and other powers neither of them have

Meanwhile 2000 years living at the volcano and the NightWings had the amazing advancement of a slightly toxic bite 

The theory makes no sense and is honestly most likely just HiveWing propaganda. By Clearsights grandchildren they would basically be nearly pure SilkWings again. 

The only evidence that supports it is scale color of all things.

• Posted at:

Basilisk

Ancient Queen of Snakes

#RememberAngel

#Duality

#GvE

#Creativity

Technically, it's not. Hivewings are descended from Sunstreak, which is why they have orange, yellow, red, and gold scales. Also, take what Cricket says about Hivewings having attanae, and not being able to study there own evolution, which hints that it took time for Nightwing-Silkwing hybrids to turn into the Hivewings.

• Posted at:

¤|вℓιzzαя∂|¤

-She/Her-

Leafwing-Ravenclaw-Christian        

FORUM SISTERS~FALLON~DELLOW

Autumn,the year's last,loveliest smile

The only way for the Silk-Night theory to even possibly work is if there were other NightWings that came over, which didn't happen

The HiveWings most likely existed before, they just didn't live in the jungle, and all this is propaganda just like most other things

One off dragon doesn't make a new species, especially one that is so remotely different from both of the origin ones. The SilkWings are more NightWing like than HiveWings, and are probably canonly the ones with the most NightWing blood in them.

• Posted at:

Basilisk

Ancient Queen of Snakes

#RememberAngel

#Duality

#GvE

#Creativity

HOW DID WE GET HERE FROM A FICTIONAL BOOK SERIES ABOUT DRAGONS also I always thought that Sunstreak was from a different species of dragons that was replaced by HiveWings.

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPQUAKE

oceans rise, empires fall

we have seen each other through it all

for even if i‘m far away i hold you in my heart

no matter where you go

you’ll never be alone

toffee’s still a walnut

I'm going down with this ship