• 1 , , 3

Hi all,

I want to talk to you all about trust. Trust, and community. It's amazing the community you've formed here, how strong it is, how connected you all are, and how honest you are with each other. You trust others and hope to receive that trust yourselves. I can see this constantly in the ways you all talk to each other and how comfortable you all seem with each other. But because of how powerful that trust is, it hurts all the more when it's broken. It can feel like the entire community is breaking. 

I want you all to know that I get that. And that you're seen and heard by us. We've read all your responses, including the ones that got caught in our autofilter.

I understand that this is an upsetting and complicated thing that's happened here. All your feelings about what's happened are valid. It's perfectly normal that you may have some very mixed emotions, maybe even ones that contradict. 

Sadness, happiness, anger, relief, betrayal, forgiveness. Whatever you're feeling in whatever combination, you should know it's fine to feel that way. 

If you want to take a break from the forum, take the time you need. 

If you want to ask for support or hugs from your community, don't hesitate. In fact, here's a big hug from me to everyone. 

Above all else, please be good to yourselves. This community is built by you all. It won't break.

________

On a more "forum rules" note, as always we will remove any posts or replies that break the rules aka are considered insulting, mean, inappropriate for the forum, etc. I don't want to see any posts arguing about what to believe or being insulting to those who choose to react in a way you don't agree with. You will have your own feelings and opinions about this that may differ from others, so please discuss respectfully if you decide you want to discuss at all.

To be clear, anger does not equal disrespect. You can say you're angry, upset, hurt. Just don't insult anyone for feeling differently.

I will throw one piece of advice out there: this just happened recently. It's still very tender. Take a break from the forum to think and breathe before any discussion. 

-Becky

[End mod note]

Okay, fine I lied about Skylar‘s death, but I was told to, my parents told me to! I am not emotionally manipulating anyone, I am just doing what I am told to do!

Skylar’s alive, okay? She’s just in emotional therapy, okay?

Plus, she never said my hair was red, she never did, she showed a picture of me, my hair is blond, her hair is, like, reddish brownish!

I’m just doing what my parents told me to do until they get back and Skylar is back, okay? I lied because my parents don’t want Skylar on the website anymore, they think it’s making her scream at us, they think it’s making her more distant than she already was! She’s in America, okay? Talking to a therapist, I wanted to tell you, I really did! Well, she’s not really talking, she’s probably writing... she only talks when she swears at us and screams, which is as loud as talking for her.

I’ve been getting texts, tons and tons of texts... orders from either my parents or Skylar, some of the orders I don’t follow, like saying I’m going to leave or something, I follow everything Skylar says, she sent me Terrell’s form through email, she told me to make Topita, Victor, Rehi, and Toroko out of imagination, she wanted me to update some things, she even sent me letters of what she wanted! 

She told me to act like her! Told me what to say when it came to roleplaying! To have an imagination!

I did the ships because she wanted me to! She had no idea she was apparently dead on the internet, okay?

I’m sorry, I’m really, really sorry. You probably think I’m a jerk.

My family has a knack for acting, my father has always lied to my mother, my mother has always lied to her boss, I’ve always lied.

We’re a selfish family, making you all upset by lying to you, but, I just want to tell you one thing, my parents only wanted their childhood daughter back, the one who always smiled, no matter what happened, the one who cracked a weird, annoying joke every once in a while, not the one who only smiled for her boyfriend and never told a joke to her family.

My name is Sofia, I am seventeen years old, I do create video games, they do have websites, but you need a special password to join, I’m Skylar’s sister. That’s the truth.

I lied, I’m sorry, but I should probably get my parents to apologize as well...

That’s going to be hard, since they will be gone for over a month... probably a year, now...

I really am sorry, but... okay I don’t have anymore excuses, go ahead, be angry, but I’m still going to do what they told me to, Skylar might be able to come on once she gets a visiting day from me next month.

Also, the reason I know her password is because she kept a paper with it for a long time, she probably shouldn’t have done that...

She might ask you what happened on that visiting day, if she can come, why everything of hers is messed up, explain it all, please...

I’m really sorry, my parents probably won’t apologize, so I’ll be sorry for them.

I’m super sorry that my family lied, I wish Skylar were here to see it all... but she’s still in America, precisely Wisconsin, should’ve mentioned that. I’m going to continue controlling the characters until next month, on visiting day, only day I can visit her, because my parents think it’s the best thing, visiting once every two months.

I hope you forgive me.

((Mods, please let this through.))

Let me tell you everything that was happening with Skylar to drive my parents to this. The start began when Colbi was on, by the way.

Skylar was never out of her room, she never stopped looking at her screen, the only time she looked away was to curse at us, either as loud as she possibly could or quietly.

Eventually, after about a month of eating the food we gave her in her room, she just stopped eating, she stopped talking entirely, she just kept looking at her computer screen. She was ignoring everything, whenever her boyfriend visited her, he could make her eat, but eventually he couldn’t make her smile.

This was getting to my parents, making them believe their daughter was breaking because of the internet, that she was killing herself slowly because of what people told her on there, eventually, I started investigating, and that’s when I saw all of that jerk (Cobli)’s posts, I thought it was destroying Skylar, so, of course, I told my parents, we confronted Skylar, she said to us as loud as she could that this was none of our business, that people on the internet made her feel better.

In the end, she began to eat more, but she still ignored us, I began to think this had something to do with us, her family, only able to visit her once a day because we were busy, us, letting the maids and butlers take care of her for the rest of the day. I told my parents this, too, but they were getting angry and ignored me, so I stopped talking about it.

Skylar had a paper in her desk that we never found until I found it, it said, “They kept me alone, in a dark room of solitude with blood on the walls.”

I think Skylar thought we didn’t care about her anymore, I think she never noticed one thing, we tried, we’re still trying to be a good family, but I think we’re not supposed to be like normal families, good families, I think we should send Skylar away, send her to a better family who will make her happy.

I think that‘s what we’re supposed to do, I think we should give up on trying, let her be happy on another planet, in another place, far away from her present life.

I think the therapist will agree with me, but I’m not sure my parents will.

I’m so sorry, everyone, at this point, I think you should tell me what to do until Skylar is back.

I miss my sister, I miss the one who hugged me when I was upset, I wish I never told her that letting her go to therapy is what she needed, I wish I told her I loved her before she left...

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~(Maori Hurricane)~

Shhh, I'm supposed to be sleeping.

Ooof, I dunno if you trust me.

Skull is still in awful pain.

*hugs* it's okay, it's okay. I'm not mad. I don't think you're emotionally manipulating. You're a good person. It's okay. I forgive you. I'm certain the rest of the forums will too.

• Posted at:

Prim

I got my ticket for the long way ‘round

Two bottle ‘a sweet tea for the way

And I sure would like some sweet company

And I’m leaving tomorrow, wha-do-ya say?

well i'm relieved  hurricane/skylar isn't really dead, thank you for telling us the truth. (I forgive you and i definitely don't think you're emotionally manipulating, and thank again for letting us know.)

• Posted at:

₮ł₲ɆⱤ

triplet with Rune and Time. 

est.[June21st][2017] ☆2,820☆

Never be afraid to be yourself,

For we're all wonderfully unique,

In our own way. 

Rip.

would your parents really ask you to tell us she DIED

• Posted at:

V E L L I C H O R

he/xe/they  

colourblind~system~anxious  

~fire dances in the moonlight~  

but what does the science say?

"It's been 3 hours

and we still don't know who's fronting"

being redesigned

I am not mad at you. I can understand what’s going on. How can I help you?

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

[incert mark twain quote here]

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

Why would she lie?

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

To save face

• Posted at:

`·.·★Aηgie/Sappho/Melon★·.·´

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

when the light is running low

and the shadows start to grow 

and the places that you know

seem like fantasy

My post isn’t going through. 

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

I don’t think that’s true, I think most of you will be upset and it will take a lot of time for you to forgive me...

I mean, I feel like I might be virtually slapped.

• Posted at:

~(Maori Hurricane)~

In reference to my previous post- no, i dont think this full thing is a lie. I do however doubt that your parents told you to say she died. 

I apologize if my previous posts/actions seemed brash. 

• Posted at:

V E L L I C H O R

he/xe/they  

"It's been 3 hours

being redesigned

Thank you so much for telling us the truth. That's a huge emotional weight off of our chests. I think I'm still going to keep #RememberHurricane to remember the old Skylar for you.

As for what you should do next, it's up to you. If your online personality so far was fabricated to match Skylar's, maybe you could try being yourself. If you don't like that idea, then you could keep relaying messages. No matter what we say, it's your choice in the end.

Regarding the lies, I'm not that bothered. Everybody has lied at some point in their lives, some on a larger scale than others. While your lie was about someone's life, I don't really blame you that much. You were just doing what you were told, what you thought was best. Though in telling the truth, you made us feel better.

There's probably going to be some people who won't want to forgive you, and you should respect that. At this point all you can do is sit tight and let people hear the news.

• Posted at:

PLATINUM

He/Him

Ex-Programmer

78th Element, Pt.

Homethread: /344630

#RememberTheLost

"Never been a perfect soul, but I will not apologize."

what Aηgie said 

• Posted at:

Jim

Why would your parents ask you to go on a random forum and pretend that your sister died? And she did say explicitly that your hair was red. 

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

What’s true?

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

@Vertigo, we could never really take away her electronics, they were like the only thing that she could do without feeling pain, so at this point, I think they were too angry and upset to think at all, she wasn’t even looking at us until we told her about emotional therapy.

It was like their feelings clouded them, plus, they were never really good planners when it came to family and internet.

• Posted at:

~(Maori Hurricane)~

Don’t beat yourself up! I forgive you. I wanted to ask, can I switch my remember hurricane thing too #prayforhurricane? If you are not a Christian and it offends you, tell me

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

Still, no one does that. 

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

So she leaves for therapy and the first thing you think of to tell the community that she has been a huge part of for a long time is that she died? 

There is literally a million other, better things you could have said. The truth being one of those million things. 

You just kept digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself. I could see you saying that she’s going on vacation, taking a break, not participating in this lie and dragging us all along with it. 

I don’t care what you’ve been told. You are your own person with your own thoughts. I refuse to believe that something didn’t tell you that hey, maybe this isn’t the right way to go about this.

We grieved. I broke down in the middle of my job when I first heard the news. There is no excuse for this. There is no excuse for your actions. What you have done to us and this community is unacceptable. 

Shame on you. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

@Scorch, I don’t think you can help, I mean, I don’t know, you wanna help me find a family who will make her happy? Convince my parents with a speech that she should leave our family?

(Just in case the other post doesn’t come through.)

@Vertigo, they were angry and upset, and we couldn’t really take away Skylar’s technology, it was like the only thing she could do, also, we thought of deleting the account, but then she would make another. 

I think that eventually they got clouded by their own emotions, not able to think of what else to do. Also, they aren’t the best planners when it comes to technology and family.

• Posted at:

~(Maori Hurricane)~

also why would they take her to get therapy in a different country? 

• Posted at:

Jim

I never said she should leave you or anything, what made you think that?!

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

low-key not surprised, but didn’t people say there were articles?

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

The articles are fake

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

then who saw them? people kept talking about the searches, i just never bothered to look.

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

Don't worry, I'm not angry that you lied to us. Rather, I'm just relieved that Skylar is alive and not dead. I really hope that the therapy helps her emotional state and that she eventually will go back to the way she was. If you want, I can pray for her and the rest of your family. If not, that's fine. But thank you for telling us the truth and I hope Skylar eventually recovers. 

• Posted at:

✦ <> Silverskies <> ✦

♫ QueeoScrollanLibraries ♫

~<>~ ”To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” ~Aristotle ~<>~

That still does not answer the 'died' thing. You'd NEVER tell someone that they died when they didn't. 

• Posted at:

V E L L I C H O R

he/xe/they  

"It's been 3 hours

being redesigned

y’all saying this is okay are just as disappointing, tbh

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

Okay so I find this hard to believe

I mean, I believe it to a certain extent but

after what happened

also a lot of the 'facts' there are just,,, odd

i can't hate you though

• Posted at:

SPECTER

~ They/them ~ Nerdy friendo ~

Fight!

The universe calls.

Let the star's light

Refract into the night.

After all,

This world's never

truly dark.

+*~Believe~*+

I pray that we shall learn the truth in earnest 

• Posted at:

Jim

@oral.B

i never met hurricane. I started two days before she “died”. Even though, I supported her sister. Don’t just say you are disappointed, you are not me. You are you. We aren’t you! The least we can do rn is support her

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

Arguing about this is pointless. We're lucky that Maelstrom even posted this thread. She could have just said nothing more about the incident and left us all hanging to dry. Even if this isn't the truth, which certainly is a possibility, Maelstrom is the only person who can tell us. Now I don't know if I just have thicker skin than most of the people here, but some people need to widen their perspective.

All of this badgering and fighting could just trigger her to leave and never come back. What would we do then?

• Posted at:

PLATINUM

He/Him

Ex-Programmer

78th Element, Pt.

Homethread: /344630

#RememberTheLost

"Never been a perfect soul, but I will not apologize."

the articles are real, she just used the car wreck thing as a cover up because of the fact that there was a real accident that had hapened. (Btw maelstrom [i might've misspelled your name, i don't know.] I am not saying your a terrible person or anything, i'm just stating what i think happened.

• Posted at:

₮ł₲ɆⱤ

triplet with Rune and Time. 

est.[June21st][2017] ☆2,820☆

Never be afraid to be yourself,

For we're all wonderfully unique,

In our own way. 

Rip.

I really don't know what to think about this right now, it's sounds like something I would hear of the Philip Defranco show and be horribly conflicted about.

On one hand, it's a massive relief that she isn't dead, but at the same time, everyone mourned her as if she was, cried for her, wished she was still with us. And then we're told what we cried over wasn't real? That she DID still walk the Earth with us, even if she's not what she was before. This really hurt people, heck, I was hurt even though I don't think I've ever interacted with her. I can't imagine what people who truly knew her must be thinking. They had a friend ripped away from them forever, only to learn it might not be forever.

And, although it hurts me to say this (because I do want to believe you), how can we know this story is true? We've been lied to once, how can we know it wouldn't happen again? 

• Posted at:

~~Stormseer~~    

~EST: 10-10-2015~

~Lavender's Main Account~

~Remember The Lost~            

~114~

you finna telling me it’s okay to fake your sister’s death?

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

Well... I kinda felt that she actually didn't die.

I never trust anything anyone says anymore.

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

This is my Forumfic sign-up thread: /339280, If you want to read it, here: /340457

Triplets with Rune and Tiger

I'm thinking of putting something here for the end of the fourms but idk yet.

Icy Spicy!

Look, guys, why don't we just calm down for a moment? Maelstrom told us the truth, which is what you guys wanted. I get that you're mad, you have every right to be, but please, take a breath. Maelstrom feels awful for lying to you all, and now she's told the truth you guys are only making her feel worse. Her sister is far away from home and having family gone that far away can be very stressful. 

I don't understand exactly what you're feeling, but I don't think any of you understand exactly how Maelstorm feels either. She's sorry, and that's the important part. So please, can we just hold back on the scolding? 

Thank you for reading this. 

@Maelstorm,

I forgive you. I get it, life can be hard, but thank you for telling us. Keeping it in would only have made things worse. If you ever need to talk to anyone, I'm here for you, OK? *hugs* 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Triplet with Time and Tiger

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Technically, good times don't ever end. We'll always remember them.

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

I... im sorta confused

• Posted at:

Im Lily

Merry Christmas

☿

Forum Bro: Singly

Forum Sis: Fallon, Wing, 

Forum Mum: Drago

Forum Twin: Singly

I BEILIVE!!!!!

I never said it was fine

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

i dont really know whether i should be relieved that hurri's alive and forgive you since your parents told you to or angry at you for lying to us

i think i might forgive you though

im not sure really

• Posted at:

wild/spades

joined july 2nd, 2016

approximate star count: 5400

don't let the memories of this place die

The mods arent going to let my post through are they.

Then I'm just going to say that none of this is okay. 

• Posted at:

Darksea

And oh, there is no power on Earth, or below

That could ever break our hearts Or shake our souls

And when you Lay Me Down you'll only bury bones

'Cause oh, my heart and soul are going home

1 , , 3