Volcanoes are openings in the surface of the earth, from which molten rock, called magma, can escape. 

The earth is made up of three layers, the crust, the mantle and the core. The crust is the outermost layer of rock and can be qite thin. The continental crust 18 and 30 MILES thick, but the oceanic crust is only about 3 miles thick. 

(OKAY, TIME OUT. The oceanic crust is only 3 miles thick? That's reassuring to know that could burst one day and when you're swimming, you're suddenly drawn towards the middle of the ocean where it is all falling down a hole in THE EARTh to the abyss below!! sorry, sorry, CONTINUE!) 

The crust feels solid, but consists of giant plates...that float on the upper mantle. The upper mantle is made of hot, molten rock called magma which is Ala's moving. Pressure in the mantle forces magma to surface. 

Volcanic eruptions occur where the rising magma finds a way through a crack or WEAKNESS IN THE EARTH'S CRUST, usually at the edge of plates. These are called plate margins. 

(Fantastic, you who live near a fault line. Instead of just earthquakes, CONGRATULATIONS, we're also subjected to magma just oozing its way out of the world beneath) 

Volcanoes are, in a sense, the safety valves of the earth's crust, releasing the build-up of pressure caused by gases beneath the earth's surface. 

The strength of a volcanic eruption depends on the type of magma and the amount of gases trapped in it. The magma formed when plates pull apart. YIKES 

Thanks for reading guys, you most likely had NO IDEA what this was but if you persevered and read to the end, you get this code, which are the words, "LOB A PIZZAAAA!! (with the precise number of a's) Repeat this code in a post below and i will star it and go into your posts and star stuff there. 

Thanks again, we should have  

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Ellysia

SHE

Spirit of a Sαɳ∂ωเɳɠ

Cunning of a ℕıɠɧɬῳıŋɠ

Beauty of a G̷l̷o̷r̷y̷

ℑƈɛաɨռɢ քʀɛƈɨֆɨօռ

SιʅƙWιɳɠ Gɾαƈҽ

HḠ .

EIG Y

Wolf Clan X: Beta

(#ss m Ꭼ!!)

That's a THICC crust.

• Posted at:

PLATINUM

He/Him

Ex-Programmer

78th Element, Pt.

Homethread: /344630

#RememberTheLost

"Never been a perfect soul, but I will not apologize."

Yeah, no kidding

• Posted at:

Ellysia

SHE

Spirit of a Sαɳ∂ωเɳɠ

Cunning of a ℕıɠɧɬῳıŋɠ

Beauty of a G̷l̷o̷r̷y̷

ℑƈɛաɨռɢ քʀɛƈɨֆɨօռ

SιʅƙWιɳɠ Gɾαƈҽ

HḠ .

EIG Y

Wolf Clan X: Beta

(#ss m Ꭼ!!)

LOB A PIZZAAAA!! I remember learning this stuff in school. Fun fact: when molten rock is in the earth, it’s called magma, but when it reaches the surface, it becomes lava

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

[incert mark twain quote here]

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

I know all of those already, except for the thickness of the crust.  But cool!

• Posted at:

If you wait until tomorrow today will be gone

If you don't sing you won't find a song

If you can't speak start to shout

If you can't move don't look at the crowd

In short, I'm Afternoon

#RememberHurricane

(and I read to the end but I want to earn my stars)

• Posted at:

If you wait until tomorrow today will be gone

If you don't sing you won't find a song

If you can't speak start to shout

If you can't move don't look at the crowd

In short, I'm Afternoon

#RememberHurricane