first of all, what is a "siggy?" Also what's a "RP" and "GGAD" and can somebody help me come up with a nickname

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Pix-Ray

Sorry if Rainbows scorch your eyeballs

P

Pyr

Pyra

Pyram

Pyramids

Hi!  I'm Andalite, see that thing under my message?  With my nickname in it? That's a siggy (signature), you can make one in 'My Signature'.  RP stands for Role Play.  GGAD (Gods, Goddesses and Deities) is a Forum Wide Role Play (FWRP), meaning it is spread over the forum in multiple threads.

As for you're nickname, pick something you like.  Make sure no one else has the same nickname though.

Hope this helps!  If you need anything else, feel free to ask!

• Posted at:

Call me <  Andalite  >

Proud Christian!

#RavenclawPride

#IDoNotSupportSame-GenderShipping

I am a girl

Fluent in sarcasm ~ My T-Shirt

Hi! Call me Samurai.

Siggy - short for signature, which is the text that appears below your posts.

RP - roleplay

GGAD - Gods, Goddesses, and Deities, which is a FWRP (forum-wide roleplay)

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Hello, and welcome to the forums! Here's a bit (or, um, I suppose it is quite a lot) of tips and advice!

If you've just started reading Wings if Fire, I have to warn you, most people aren't careful with spoilers, and there's a bunch of them going around for The Lost Continent. In fact, The Lost Continent is probably the only book people are putting spoiler warnings for right now.

And here's some terms and abbreviations:

-Thread A thread is what we call a topic, a.k.a. a post you can reply to, like this one.

-Signature We call them sigs or a siggy for short. They're the things below our posts, and we usually put our nicknames and a little bit about ourselves in them (If you're on mobile, you might not be able to see them). There's a be 250 character limit though, including spaces.

-Color fade A lot of people like to use color fade in their signatures (like some of the hashtags in my sig). To do it, look up ' text color fader ', follow the instructions on the site, and then copy and paste it here. If that doesn't work, then copy and paste the HTML code (it might be harder to copy and paste if you're on mobile, though). If you're putting it in your sig, press submit, and then it'll probably return you back to the "Signature" page and say that you've gone over the character count. The HTML code will probably have turned into the fade. Just press Submit again, and it should work, unless you really have gone over the character count.

-Die When a thread dies, it means that nobody has responded to it in a long time.

-OCs A lot of people also have ' OCs ' which stands for ' Original Character ' or '  Own Character '. They're basically characters you make so you can roleplay with them, and you usually put a description of them like this:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Other:

-RPs and FWRPs RP is short for "Roleplay", and FWRP means "Forum-Wide Roleplay". In a roleplay, there's usually a specific plot, and you submit your OC, and if you're accepted your OC interacts with other's OCs in short posts (most people have a certain color for each character, called a PoV color. PoV stands for Point of View), usually like this:

Snowstorm curiously picked up the curved, yellow fruit, wondering if it was edible. "Hey, Lily?" she asked the RainWing next to her. "What kind of fruit is this?"

(Sorry if that'sa bit hard to read) 

Then, someone else posts a PoV, and bit by bit you can complete whatever quest they're on, or defeat a great evil, or something like that. It depends on the RP.

Lily glanced at the fruit Snowstorm was holding, and then giggled. "It's called a banana." she answered. "They're really good."

(Again, sorry if that's hard to read and/or scorches your eyeballs XD)

In a FWRP, there's usually a sign-up thread, which you submit your OCs in, and then the maker of the FWRP posts a starting thread, to start it off. Afterwards, anyone can make a thread to RP in (You put the FWRP's abbreviation in the title so people know which FWRP it is, and then a  short sentence describing  what's going on. For example:

{GGaD} In the Modern Sect, a shadow flashes by, running towards a dark alley...

Then, in the thread, you PoV a longer description, sometimes explaining the location's appearance, and usually explaining what's going on.

The figure looks female, and you catch a glimpse of wings beneath their cloak. At the back of the alley, the figure mutters something unintelligible, then taps a brick. The brick wall turns see-through, and you see a passageway much longer than should fit on the block. The figure goes right through the semi-visible wall, and sets off hurriedly.

The entrance still hasn't closed. Follow?

FWRPs don't usually have strict plots, and anyone can make one up for extra drama :)

A really popular FWRP is GGaD (Gods, Goddesess, and Dieties), where you can make your own deity and demigods, and a variety of other  mythological figures. It's been going on for nearly a year.

-Bump, poke, boop and up These are just some things that we post to try to keep a thread from dying. There are other (sometimes strange) alternatives too, such as Pokemon or mongoose.

-WoF This stands for Wings of Fire.

-WoFMB This stands for Wings of Fire Message Board, another way to say 'forums'.

-SA Spirit Animals. It's another book series.

-SAMB Spirit Animals Message Board. A lot of forumers come from here, and we go back and forth a lot.

-Stars The star on the bottom right corner of a post. If someone stars a post, it means they like it. The total number of stars you have is written on the top right corner of the screen (if you're on mobile, press the three lines on the top left of the screen, it will be displayed there, instead). You can't unstar posts.

-ForumFics A ForumFic is a story someone writes, with the forumers as the characters.

-TrollFic A TrollFic is like a ForumFic, but it usually isn't as serious (story and plot-wise), and is very random and funny.

-Homethreads A homethread is a place where you can just dump random ideas and thoughts, or contact someone.

-Thread numbers If someone gives you a sting of numbers, such as /327460 (it's the signup thread for GGaD, if you want to check it out), it's called a thread number. To use it, type it in at the end of the URL.

To go to /327460 you change the URL from what it is right now to wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/327460.

Click enter, and then you should be at your destination!

-Stalker Someone who reads a thread but doesn't post. On some other MBs, they might be called lurkers.

-Crasher Someone who posts on a private thread.

-Summoning thread A thread calling someone (or several someones) over so they can chat or plan a RP, usually, but there's lots of things you can do in one. The title usually has the nickname of whoever the maker is summoning, and it's usually something like "Summoning Riri!" or "Fairydragon, I summon you!", though there are lots of variations.

Oh, right, and don't forget that this place is a random, wonderful place filled with creativity, puns, and desserts!

I hope you enjoy your time here in the forums, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

-Fairydragon

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts

I think the Nickname Baskerville would be fitting if you don't understand the reference just look up the Baskerville hound. By the way I'm Nephrite.

• Posted at:

Terminus

(Formerly Nephrite)

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

Hi! I'm Oncilla. We welcome you with open wings!

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Queen of Non SequiturBookwyrmsPangolinsand Bones

Trash Squad, WerewolfGASTER FOLLOWER

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WoFMBer Dec. 2014-Mar. 2019

I'm Fallon. Welcome!

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her/Christian

Mod for CC

Sept 2018 ~ March 2019 = 6342s

Pet Alpha

Four Bros

BF Galaxian

Eleven Sisters

Triplets Wizard & Pluto

"We are the many leaves that connect to the one tree."

Hi new, I'm Samwise.

I think Fairydragon covered it all, if you have any more questions though just ask.  :)

• Posted at:

~Samwise~

Book-lover<3

HUFFLEPUFF

I am a Mudwing

I am an Unwanted

Earth Mage---Earth wants to bind

Hello fellow book geeks!

#MoreMudWings

Long live Sam the bird.

MARK OF THE THEIF

Don't be a bystander. Bullying Stops when you speak up. 

Welcome!

• Posted at:

MIGHTY

She/her

Queen of Thorns          

Nightwing          

Riverclan Warrior          

Homethread: 340556                  

"What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?"