Small image from ios  1  19a7f48469

Brrr-cky B : admin

H A P P Y O C T O B E ! ! !

I know how much you love this spooky spooky month, and I'm sure many of you are familiar with Inktober. Since you can't upload art onto these forums, Inktober doesn't really work BUT Storytober? Charactober? ....I tried. Basically, I have prompts for every day this month and you can use them (or not) to come up with new stories and characters.

Here are some ideas for what to do with the prompts:

-a short story 

-a new OC just for fun

-a new OC that's part of a RP or story

-a full RP using a prompt as inspiration

-a forum game that somehow uses the prompt

In the title of your post, write the date and/or prompt in brackets before your main title, for example: "[10/1 Clumsy] Why can't I hold all these limes?" 

That's to help the forum stay organized, but also for my sake it helps me know if this is something many of yall are partaking in. Then I know to do more events like it in the future!

You don't have to post every day or do every prompt. This is all about getting them creative juices flowing!

Edit: I decided to include all the prompts for the current week so you have time to think about them! You can make your posts in this thread, or make your own new posts, whichever you prefer.

So, without further ado, the prompt list:

Week 1

10/1 - Clumsy 

10/2 - Rustic

10/3 - Metallic 

10/4 - Dark 

10/5 - Hissing 

10/6 - Aquatic

10/7 - Gaseous

Week 2

10/8 - Bold

10/9 - Lighthearted 

10/10 - Mysterious 

10/11 - Proud

10/12 - Ostrich 

10/13 - Golden

10/14 - Grouchy

Week 3

10/15 - Meow 

10/16 - Glorious

10/17 - Secret 

10/18 - Fire-breathing

10/19 - Chainmail

10/20 - Sparkling

10/21 - Brussels Sprout

Week 4

10/22 - Pumpkin

10/23 - Cynical

10/24 - Transformation 

10/25 - Mousy

10/26 - Farm 

10/27 - Spiky

10/28 - Witty

FINAL DAYS

10/29 - Cackling <- TODAY

10/30 - Spiders

10/31 - HALLOWEEN (shhh it's a prompt)

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out now!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

First! Thanks, Admin Booky B!

• Posted at:

~Emma~

Princess of the AGMB

Currently in Once on This Island Jr.!

Plays I`ve Been In:

Galactic Starveyors -  Mary Jane

Honk! Jr. -  Betty/Froglet

"Blossom by blossom the Spring begins."

-Algernon Charles Swinburne-  

Second or third!!

• Posted at:

dellow

ravenclaw

she/her

christian

shadowclan

#colourless

#addthebushskirt

"Well, forgive me for not leaping for joy. Bad back, you know."

- Scar

sisters:fallongrendelellysia&more

Me and my sister are doing Inktober, if I were able to make my drawings post on this, I would show you guys what I'm up to:

Day one of Inktober, Poisonous:

A bottle of poison.

• Posted at:

PARADOX/MYTHIC

Forum Sis's: Andalite, Fallon, Lynx, Fantasy.

Forum Bros: Zane, Wizard.

#ImagineDragons

#AdorableKittenCats

#TrueBookWyrm!

#DrumBox/Cahonthingamajiggy player

Star Count: 1321

[10/1 Clumsy] 

This is made in around 5 minutes so eh

Name: Sequoia

Tribe: MudWing

Pronouns: she/her

Appearance: A bit leaner than the usual MudWing, with big bright hazel eyes and more marsh-coloured scales, thick claws and strong tail

Personality: a big goof! Clumsy and hyperactive, always rushing around to help others. She focuses on serving them more than herself, which is a bit of neglect to herself. She's naive and trusting, as well as trustworthy and protected. Like all mudwings, she's loyal to her family, but her friends are her family, and she'd protect them till the end. She often trips over items or falls randomly, causing herself and others to laugh at her misfortune, which she takes in a positive light. 

• Posted at:

V E L L I C H O R

he/xe/they  

colourblind~system~anxious  

~fire dances in the moonlight~  

but what does the science say?

"It's been 3 hours

and we still don't know who's fronting"

being redesigned

5th! Uh Becky b why your name Booky b? Also I was permetnently banned for some reason, (so was Ellysia) and now I'm not, why!?

• Posted at:

Im Lily

Merry Christmas

☿

Forum Bro: Singly

Forum Sis: Fallon, Wing, 

Forum Mum: Drago

Forum Twin: Singly

I BEILIVE!!!!!

[10/1 Clumsy]  Bumping into threads

Bumpy bumpy bumpity bump

Ow, my nose-- MY TOES!!!

Bumpy bumpy bumpity bump

HERE! I! GOES!!!

I'm bumping into threads all day

Crashing every big roleplay

You see, it isn't my fault, though--

There's threads all over, mine be woe!

Bump, bump, bump,

There goes someone's idea dump,

Ow! Ow! Ow!

I stubbed my eyelid- how??

Bumpy bumpy bumpity bump

I'm sorry, but I've been this way--

BUMPY BUMPY BUMPITY BUMP

All... day... today.

/You do realize this took me two minutes and I was making things up as I went along. I'll try to make an actual one :D

• Posted at:

grendel

(mostly inactive until the forums get moved to home base)

(plato was a great philosopher. he said that we should be kind to everyone, because everyone is fighting a difficult battle.)

(Ooh, I see what you did there, girl! ;D #BookyIsBestMod! That pic is too adorable!)

Welp, I've always been pretty clumsy, so . . . owo

I do have a pretty funny clumsy story - last night, don't ask me how, but I was laying in bed, drawing. I went to shift on my elbow (which I have a tendency to lay on quite often) and it just hurt really bad. For like, an hour, I couldn't bend my arm at all. And when I woke up? It was like it never even happened!

This is my life rn.

• Posted at:

Shion 

she/her/pinkiebi

#PRIDE

Gone Animatin'

I love y'all

Ayyyy, I'm back, Forumsville!

Please . . . before we go, read /356112.

@Grendel that is pure art. Beautiful very beautiful.

• Posted at:

ғʀs  

ʜ ʟs  

I ʙ ʀʏʙʏ ʟs ʜʀ

ɪs ғ ʜʏ

HAIL KEVIN 

@Grendel I agree with Forest, it was very beautiful.  The best part was you came up with it in two minuets.

• Posted at:

Bookworm

NERD

#youwillbefound

" ǤǤǤ Ƴ ."

--

"why cant i hold all these limes" thank you becky very cool

• Posted at:

wild/spades

joined july 2nd, 2016

approximate star count: 5400

don't let the memories of this place die

;D thanks guys

• Posted at:

grendel

(plato was a great philosopher. he said that we should be kind to everyone, because everyone is fighting a difficult battle.)

INKTOBER TIME I FORGOT YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Posted at:

ғʀs  

ʜ ʟs  

I ʙ ʀʏʙʏ ʟs ʜʀ

ɪs ғ ʜʏ

HAIL KEVIN 

Ooh I’ll definitely try to participate as much as possible

• Posted at:

cσяεү

I'm not real. I'm theatre.

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help." -Loki

MBotF

b o o

ice cold

“Booky B” 

“Why can’t I hold all these limes?”

See guys best mod of all time

10/1 Clumsy

Look at me, I’m such a clutz

I slip upwards on the stairs

I trip over my own feet 

I fall backwards out of chairs

• Posted at:

ivy

why are uppercase and lowercase letters a thing? why don't we just write in all caps or all lc.? it's basically just western languages that do this? is this another relic of our eurocentric mentality and world? if so, i reject this way of life

@Grendel and Ivy

Those are wonderful.

~~~

Uhh, okay, I'll give it a shot:

Slip and tumble,

trip and fall,

I'm all in a jumble,

keep crashing into walls

Slide and bump,

topple and smash,

why bother to jump

when I'm going to crash?

Slam and stumble,

knock  and smack,

bang and fumble,

thump and whack

Punch and totter,

thwack and and drop

I don't know if I'll ever

manage to stop.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts

[10/1 Clumsy] Why Is the Earth So Wobbly?

Name: Kowari

Tribe(s): SandWing/IceWing

Personality: Shy, nervous, skittish. She’s the kind of dragon who hid behind her mother’s skirts when she was small enough. She’s very clumsy and is always tripping over EVERYTHING. Sometimes she’ll simply trip over air (don’t ask why, she doesn’t even know). She’s always crashing into everything (I.e. desk corners, bookshelves, walls, other dragons, a leaf). Every morning, when she wakes up, she discovers new bruises on her arms, legs, tail, body in general. She loves to read and can often be found in a library, hidden behind a huge pile of books stacked up halfway to the ceiling. She has a slight stutter when she speaks, as well. And she’s always saying things she shouldn’t, but not realizing why she upsets dragons.

Appearance: A really pale yellow, with a silver shine to it. Like the sand on a beach in the moonlight. She has the neck spines of an IceWing and a barbed tail like a SandWing. She is small and thin. She’s almost always carrying books! She has large, round framed glasses with huge lenses. And when she smiles, she’s got two buck teeth. Her eyes are a beautiful hazel.

Powers: Barbed tail, can breath Frostbreath, can withstand bright lights (due to the sun being reflected off of ice and sand all the time), and tolerates cold better than heat.

Story time!

I walked into the library, glancing at everything and calculating things I could trip over. A carpet. I should stay away from that; wouldn’t want to take someone’s eyes out with my flailing wings. A lamp. Uh-oh, there’s a fire waiting to happen. A chair. Yikes, why would someone put that there? Don’t they know dangerous it is? I could trip and knock it over and impale myself on its legs! Yeah, better stay away from that. Suddenly I froze. My eyes widened. “The devil...” I whispered. There, in the center of the room... was a desk. The most evil thing ever created. It was large, which meant you had to walk forever to go around it. It had corners, which meant it used its magnetic force to draw you into those sharp points, thus giving you new bruises. And the worst part? Dragons sat behind it. More specifically, the librarian sat behind it. That meant that, when the corners used their magnetic force and you crashed into the corner, you would yelp in pain, draw the attention to the librarian, get “shhhshed”, become embarrassed, step back in shame, and trip over the carpet behind you, thus falling backwards, flailing your wings around, taking out somebody’s eye, hitting a nearby lamp with your tail, knocking a chair over while you’re at it, and landing on the upended chair’s legs. Then a fire would start and it would burn all of the books, but you wouldn’t have to worry about the fire because you landed on the chair and therefore can’t move. Ever. 

I gulped. The world was a dangerous place.... 

The librarian looked up and smiled. “Ah, Good morning, Kowari. What can I help you find today?”

“N-nothing, m-m-ma’am. I can find the books myself.”

“If you’re sure.” The librarian looked back at... whatever she was looking at.

Now, in order to understand why I said what I said next, you must understand that the librarian was a rather husky dragon. Short, stout, and heavy set. So, it was really no wonder why I said what I said... was it? “B-besides m-ma’am, a d-dr-dragon of y-your st-stature s-sh-shouldn’t h-have to w-walk a-around too m-m-much. Y-you’re very l-likely to b-br-break your a-ankles if y-you a-are f-f-forced to st-stand on th-them for t-too l-long.” I blinked and pushed my large, round glasses further up my snout,

The librarian looked at me in horror. Her mouth opened and closed several times. Finally, she spoke. “I beg your pardon, Kowari. How dare you say something like that to a dragon! Do you know just how rude and offensive something like that is? Do you?!”

I could tell she was getting angry. Her voice had raised. “M-m-ma’am, p-please k-keep yo-your voice d-down. W-we’re in a-a l-library.

The librarian gaped at me. Then she closed her eyes and very, very calmly said, “Kowari, I would like for you to leave the library at once and not come back until tomorrow.”

I nodded. “Y-yes m-ma’am.” Turning around, I walked back the way I’d come. I almost made it out of the library without harm, but as I got to the doors, I didn’t push them open at the right time and smacked right into it, smooshing my snout. I whimpered and stepped back, rubbing my snout with one talon and pushing the door open with the other.

• Posted at:

C A L E O

Forum Maine Coon

{intp-a|she|13}

How lucky am I to have someone that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

Twin Sister to Sanetra 

@winterdragon I did a bottle of poison too I had originally done a raining but I didnt like it very much so I did a bottle of poison instead

• Posted at:

~Raini~

94% of people think wolves are evil creatures. Copy and paste this to your signature if you're the 6% who think they are kind and lovable.

RainWing not raining

• Posted at:

~Raini~

94% of people think wolves are evil creatures. Copy and paste this to your signature if you're the 6% who think they are kind and lovable.

Sorry I didn’t get to make yesterday’s so here it is:

one day little Old Dr. Stickman had to do a leg transplant on a different stick man but he put the legs in the trash can instead of the sanitary medical box and then the trash man took them away so then the stick man didn’t have legs. 

Next time I will do a better one but I had to do this one very quick.

• Posted at:

~Raini~

@catink wow that’s good 

• Posted at:

~Raini~

Rustic here goes:

Name: Squelch 

Tribe: MudWing/SandWing 

Aperence: Mud Brown With Amber underscales, hazel eyes, very rustic

Lives: on the outskirts of the Mud Kingdom with his only living sibling, Puddle.

• Posted at:

~Raini~

10/2

It’s raining, it’s pouring

the metal is rusting

it went from blue

and caught some years

and turned rusty and dead by morning

• Posted at:

N O V A

We’re all just puppets

Tangled in the strings of society 

Look around 

Don’t you see

We’re controlled

By society

10/2 Rustic 

Name: Emerald

Tribe: SeaWing 

Appearance: She has very green scales, not a hint of blue. She’s small and wiry, and very agile. Her eyes are a few shades lighter than her emerald green scales, but still with the same amount of blue. 

Personality: She’s very bright and bubbly, and loves making friends. She is lacking a bit in the manners department, but makes up for it with her generosity and free spirit. Emerald lives to explore the ocean, and hopes one day to discover a new island. She’s fairly shallow, and a bit on the simple side, but will always be there for you.

• Posted at:

ivy

why are uppercase and lowercase letters a thing? why don't we just write in all caps or all lc.? it's basically just western languages that do this? is this another relic of our eurocentric mentality and world? if so, i reject this way of life

Its still the 2nd? But...hmmm...maybe with my mod powers of Mod Eerf I can adjust it!!! Oh wait its not working...:*sighs* ((((just a joke, iDK how to hack even if I wanted to))))

• Posted at:

««ғяεε∂σм™»»

Est. 1.13.18

Mod Eerf ©2018

KING O' LENNIES!

{he/him/fan-sea-nightwing/giant mountain/etc.}

2400+ ☆

#Myhomethreadisat/336075

#TexasStrong 

#DistrictSpellingBee 2/6/19

[10/3 Metallic]

thr mine for metals was here. And Magneto was a boss. He could make his body into a human covered in metal like that! His powers were exceptional in use when mining for gorgeous gems, that, he also seemed to be able to control.  One day, after a successful mine, he accidentally turned into all the metal/minerals he’d ever mined. He became abiotic, in a sense. His body fusing all the metals/minerals into one. The Ultimate God Tier ‘Magneto’. 

• Posted at:

N O V A

We’re all just puppets

Look around 

Don’t you see

We’re controlled

By society

Small image from ios  1  19a7f48469

Brrr-cky B : admin

These are great, everyone!

I've loved the clumsy and rustic OCs, stories, and poems...and real life events (but OUCH DragonMind! Hope that doesn't happen again) from all of yall on the thread and as separate posts. 

And angeldragon - I had to look up abiotic, what a cool word. Learn something new everyday :) 

Can't wait to read more of your metallic creations today!

• Posted at:

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out now!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

@Booky B.: I based the Magneto off X-Men Magneto, but added mineral/gem control. Basically he would call the metal and such to come to him and surround him. Then he would put it in a pile for normal humans to take away. But one day, he reached his limit and became a metal/mineral/gem himself. :O. Humans called it “Magneto” in honor of him.

• Posted at:

N O V A

We’re all just puppets

Look around 

Don’t you see

We’re controlled

By society

Sorry I missed the first two days, I'll try to get the rest though-

[10/3 Metallic]

I opened up my eyes, groggy and numb from some kind of surgery, "Huh? What happened to me?" She asked groggily.

A doctor or maybe scientist? I didn't care, appeared above me, and explained,"You went through a surgery you were in a car ? She didn't know, accident and... well badly injured would be an understatement." 

"Huh?" I said again, feeling more and more like an idiot as I came more out of the anesthesia.

"Well you can look at yourself in the mirror soon enough." The doctor said with a shrug.

---

Soon enough I did look in the mirror and was horrified by what I saw, I was more metal than person now with a metal arm, a cybernetic eye and several other robotic body parts. As I stared at myself in the mirror I felt a firm hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw my Dad with tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Daddy." I whispered, "Sorry that I became like this," I said gesturing at my new body.

He just hugged me, and replied "No, no babe, don't apologize, I just need you alive and well, if not completely whole. I thought you were a goner and it just be me.."

"What? What happened to mom?" I asked

"She's dead sweetheart." He said solemnly, "She's dead."

I didn't know what to say so I just pressed against him and let him hug me. I was alive and still had my Dad, that was enough.

• Posted at:

Kitsune

Hi, I'm back! After like a century...Sorry...

Here's a poem!

Metallic 10/3

Metallic walls on a metallic house

Shiny gems with a metallic mouse

Tiny peacocks eating cheese

The metallic makes me wheeze

The sky is gray and oh so gloomy

I can't think of anything that rhymes with gloomy

Their eyes are silver and metallic

The dog is looking back at Alek 

And at the end of the race

The metallic potato wins the face

The shiny trophy

Oh how it gleams

I hope I never have to eat steam

I don't know what this is just enjoy lol. This took 5 minutes. I think this is my new thing now. xD have fun reading that

• Posted at:

ғʀs  

ʜ ʟs  

I ʙ ʀʏʙʏ ʟs ʜʀ

ɪs ғ ʜʏ

HAIL KEVIN 

oof couldn't do it yesterday so I'm doing two today

[10/2] Metallic

Fresh soup, steaming hot

Metallic tomato taste

Is poured from the pot.

(idk)

[10/3] Rustic

At my grandmother's home

Whenever I get the chance

When the moon is high and the crickets cry

And the fireflies end their dance

There is a place, cold and musty

With relics, decades old, so dusty

Where my mind settles down to sleep

In blanketed memories deep.

A box of marbles, made of tin

Is a trophy from the win

Of a young boy, so long ago

Who made the highest acorn throw.

A photograph, unrecognized

A woman, smiling with pride

Forgotten by the years that flee

From time. Oh, but who was she?

Boxes of love letters written through lives

To soldiers, brave and kind, by crying wives

Tears stain the letters of a yellowed page

Worn thin, crumbling with the burden of age.

Sadness and bitterness, love and deep longing,

Such powerful forces! dismantling, destroying

Lives and hopes and dreams, yet they are the things

Which, if without, we are birds with no wings.

• Posted at:

grendel

Oof I switched up Rustic and Metallic by accident ^_^

• Posted at:

grendel

I make my first transformers OC in years on the same day the metallic prompt is posted without my knowledge????

this is a spooky month O_O

• Posted at:

>)(<Crimson>)(< 

Son of Justice

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

El Amigo

Please just be okay...

Foolizh autocoreect

@GRENDEL THIS IS AMAZING YOU MAKE AMAZING POEMS I APPLAUD YOU

• Posted at:

ғʀs  

ʜ ʟs  

I ʙ ʀʏʙʏ ʟs ʜʀ

ɪs ғ ʜʏ

HAIL KEVIN 

10/3 Metallic

Name: Walnut

Nicknames: Metallic

Tribe: RainWing

Appearance: His scales can change color like any other RainWing, and they constantly change. However, he rarely has more than one color on his scales at a time. He keeps them bright, but almost always adds a sort of metallic sheen to them. It's his signature thing, and that's why his friends call him Metallic.

Personality: He's bright, bubbly, and loves to be around other dragons. Walnut loves to make friends, and does so easily. He has a sort of friendly aura that draws other dragons towards him, and he doesn't mind in the least. He also won't hesitate to volunteer to help with the fruit gathering, or any other job that could use an extra dragon. However, he isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. He can be a bit thick, and doesn't quite understand the fact that other dragons don't want to be with him all the time, and like a little bit of time to theirselves. 

yee i was originally going to make a fantribe but that would have been too much work and taken too much time plus i'm not technically supposed to be online right now

• Posted at:

ivy

I'm going to do yesterday's, and I'm doing tomorrow's prompt a bit early too. :D

[10/2] - Rustic

Summer sun shining warmly down,

baking the rich earth brown,

and graceful pines that surround...

A little cabin sitting neatly,

looking worn from time

passing much too quickly,

embraced by plants thriving thickly,

and everything inside looks antiquely

from better days that have passed too swiftly

But the souls within keep shining bright,

sending rays of joy, sending beams of light,

blooming even brighter than the moon at night...

[10/3] - Metallic

The city blurred by below, bright from the fluorescent lights that shoved back the darkness of night - and the glow of the stars. As I stepped off the monorail, the whole station seemed alive and active, but once back outside, even the moon looked faint in comparison to the scorching bulbs lighting the streets.

Sighing, I slung my backpack over my shoulder and made my way down the desolate road. But the whole way back home, the only thing I noticed was how empty and metallic it all seemed.

Everything was artificial.

There were no trees, no plants, lining the streets or blanketing the yards. There were no fireflies flashing in the night, no crickets chirping their songs. The moon was barely visible in the starless sky, the stars themselves practically nonexistent.

I gripped my backpack's straps tighter and forged on, avoiding the scrutiny of the sharp streetlamps looming over every once-dark corner.

Everything was fake, trying to disguise the emptiness of the city in vain. Everything was manufactured, same, metallic.

But not if I could do anything about it.

[10/4] - Dark

Darkness and shadows,

the absence of light,

hiding by day,

and gliding at night

Inky pools of pitch black,

in which one cannot see,

though in brightness they lack,

dark reflections they be

Drowning everything they soak

in their shadowy might,

but remember you can look up,

and see the stars shining bright.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts

...and now i realize that the reason why the last sentence of the poem came to me so quickly is because it's from a poem by emily dickinson big oof to me =_=

YASSS Fairydragon love your poems!

• Posted at:

grendel

[10/4] An alleyway.

(Below are missed dates)

[10/1] Clumsy Smurf

[10/2] An old car

[10/3] A red truck

I wont be able to come on every day, but at least once a week, bye!

• Posted at:

Prism/Famous

Sandwing

Griffindor

I am the biggest nerd here. Don't try to fight it.

Oh darkness, please! Oh just leave me be!Holding on for life...I can't let you know why I’m alive!~Will Ryan~ (DAGames)

[10/4] Dark

What is it?

Blindness, but you can't open your eyes.

A stifling blanket of the unknown.

At the same time, protective and dangerous.

It conceals us, yet conceals our surroundings as well.

Disarming both sides.

• Posted at:

grendel

[10/4 Dark]

You better run

Blindly for shelter

To get away 

From your misfortune 

For, you can’t

Hide anymore for,

He is catching 

Up to you

He is depression

• Posted at: