Stuff that is probably fixable

-sometimes the website crashes

-a lot of times the star icons don't load in

-i do believe some people are still unable to log into their accounts

-chat filter being more lenient

-more accurate search system

-this is just a suggestion but i know a lot of times threads were/are deleted instead of locked which kind of sucks sometimes cause i think preserving threads for posterity is important sometimes

Stuff that could be added but might be hard to implement

-more colors and fonts

-making previews show how html looks instead of submitting the post and just hoping that the format is correct

-more sig space

-ability to see icons on mobile

-when a post is pending review, it could be restored to its previous state like reported replies which reappear after being reported and passing the review

Stuff that would be cool but most likely won't be added

-inserting pictures

-allowing more coding (like divs)

-ability to change your icon

-private message system

feel free to add more

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

`·.·★Aηgie/Sappho/Melon★·.·´

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

when the light is running low

and the shadows start to grow 

and the places that you know

seem like fantasy

YES WE NEED INSERTING PICTURES ;-;

that's one thing that will not happen, though. Y^Y

• Posted at:

grendel

(mostly inactive until the forums get moved to home base)

(plato was a great philosopher. he said that we should be kind to everyone, because everyone is fighting a difficult battle.)

PICTURES WOULD HELP THE FORUMS DESCRIPTIONY APPEARENCE THING SO MUCH EASIER

• Posted at:

N O V A

We’re all just puppets

Tangled in the strings of society 

Look around 

Don’t you see

We’re controlled

By society

Oh gosh I forgot to add

-the ability to edit posts

-a more effective way to contact the mods

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

Aaaand we could share amazing art and compliment each other... of course only after the mods see if it's appropriate... *flutters eyelashes sweetly at mods*

• Posted at:

grendel

(plato was a great philosopher. he said that we should be kind to everyone, because everyone is fighting a difficult battle.)

One of those RGB color wheels would give us access to more colors, in a simple and compact fashion.

A "currently online" sort of member counter, which displays all currently online forumers and admins.

The ability to edit posts after they have been posted, to fix errors or add information. The post would have to go through the filter again, to make sure no inappropriate content was added.

Possibly a new game? Not that important, but some people might like it.

• Posted at:

PLATINUM

He/Him

Ex-Programmer

78th Element, Pt.

Homethread: /344630

#RememberTheLost

"Never been a perfect soul, but I will not apologize."

YES YRA YES! Come on MODS DO THESE THINGS!!! Or I may classing Duscord better than u! (Too late :()

• Posted at:

Im Lily

Merry Christmas

☿

Forum Bro: Singly

Forum Sis: Fallon, Wing, 

Forum Mum: Drago

Forum Twin: Singly

I BEILIVE!!!!!

How could I forget

-ability to unstar posts

-ability to see who started a post

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

Starred*

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

Ooh, awesome ideas, y'all!

And Platinum, there is in fact a way to see who's online right at the moment, but only if they're in your friends list. I, too, agree that it would be an awesome idea to see, out of everybody, who's currently online.

And I agree, a new game and RGB color wheel would be awesome! I actually have certain color schemes I'd like to use for my characters, but the colors they currently have make that next to impossible.

It's not that I dislike the colors they have, and it's not that I dislike the forums. But I can't get an account for the Wiki until I'm older, and I REALLY would love it if somebody could post some pictures I have of Drago and Mari. But pictures that I already have. (If you DO have an account, however, please feel free, by all means, to post what you picture the two as based on their description!)

I would also love a private chat channel. Or possibly, a way to password-protect threads so that way, only a handful of people could even access them. I am not upset about it anymore, and I actually think it improved what I was trying to do but I recently had a thread I marked as private where I wanted to ask a mod a question, and a few other people saw and read it. I'm not upset, because these people made very good points (and a mod actually did see it! Yay, thank you Mod Booky!) but if it had been something that needs to be kept between another forumer and me, I would be very upset to not have a way to keep it secret. (And apparently that's not a private thread anymore. But it has been addressed by Mod Booky B [thank you!] in another post, so I really don't care who sees it anymore. Stalk/crash away, my frens! It's all good!)

Anyway, rant over! Thanks for reading! :)

• Posted at:

Shion 

she/her/pinkiebi

#PRIDE

Gone Animatin'

I love y'all

Ayyyy, I'm back, Forumsville!

Please . . . before we go, read /356112.

TBH using html would be the greatest accomplishment uwu

seeing who's online under their icon would be great too. changing icons? yes.

Seeing who starred your post, that'd be helpful. 

• Posted at:

SPECTER

~ They/them ~ Nerdy friendo ~

Fight!

The universe calls.

Let the star's light

Refract into the night.

After all,

This world's never

truly dark.

+*~Believe~*+

-ability to delete your own posts

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

Ability to see what posts of yours didn't make it through the filter, and why. 

• Posted at:

PLATINUM

He/Him

Ex-Programmer

78th Element, Pt.

Homethread: /344630

#RememberTheLost

"Never been a perfect soul, but I will not apologize."

- mood messages because yes

• Posted at:

Oh No, It's Riri

Hello, hello

I need you here

Alone I wait

Will you appear?

{causing chaos since 2018 | trying to become active}

(also the creator of diamond bay)

mobile desktop mode a la old samb a year ago

• Posted at:

happeh  

people come into our lives for a reason

bringing something we must learn

we are led to those who help us most to grow

we help them in return

i don't know if i believe that's true

but i know i'm who i am today

because i knew you

yeeessss pictures!

i could also show my art and ocs!

• Posted at:

daisy

part hive, part sand.

#bloodshell

kill it with fire!!!

-artistic dragon

just keep drawing just keep drawing.

where are my colored  pencils???

im lonely! falling in a void

I am a furry deal with it.

Lily, you can’t keep ignoring the rules. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

Something that would be cool is to have the ability to see what posts someone has made on different forums without having to physically go to that forum page and look for them because what if you don’t know what forum to look for

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

YAS PICS AND GIFS YASSS

• Posted at:

~{Alphawolf/K-9}~

~The Forum Doggo

~ Alpha of the OFWP

~ Dino-nerd

~ The Alpha Spartan

~ CT-43782  

#WeAreODST  

Thought Id try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little. -John-117  

I am a lone wolf.

Small image from ios  1  19a7f48469

Brrr-cky B : admin

Woo! Recommendations! I'll forward this along to the rest of the team so we can discuss it.

Your suggestion about locking vs deleting threads is a good one, and I've been trying to lock more as well as post to explain why I'm locking a specific thread/certain types of threads. Posterity is important!

I can guarantee that we're working on a lot of things that will either improve things that need improving, or be entirely new. Hearing about what you think is important to the forums or needs improving helps us better plan those things. I wish I could be more expicit about what they are but I can't! Yet! Soon™! 

If there are people that are unable to log in, let me know what their usernames are and I'll look into it. If they were permabanned in the past  and I can't find the reason why or decide a permaban was too harsh, I can do something bout it.

• Posted at:

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out now!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

Ah forgot one thing - I'll be frank that uploading your own pics and gifs is not likely :-/ We've discussed it before and while we may have a way to do it someday it's not possible right now/the near future. We are working on something that involves images - if you've ever used the Planet Pilkey app, you might've seen there's a comic creator in there that's currently undergoing maintenance. So that's something we're building and thinking about what we could do with.

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Soon™

• Posted at:

A curious case, a reckless infection

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

It's a statewide inspection

What about like a karma status/point system that changes depending on your behavior? You get more points when you’re nice, follow the rules, etc. but if you don’t/get banned your points go down. Would be an incentive for people to behave themselves. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

I agree with Drago on the whole "private thread/private chat" thing. Of course, the chat thing isn't as likely, since it would be harder to monitor. But it would be nice to be able to lock your threads so only certain people (and the Mods) can see and/or post, because sometimes you just want to talk to one forumer but five others decide to crash your thread and read your posts, which isn't always appreciated. People can say they'll respect your privacy, but they usually don't.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

a.k.a. Panic! At the Everywhere

Detroit: Become Human

Gravity Falls

Steven Universe

Imagine Dragons

"Life is not the things that we do, it's who we're doing them with."

Est. 7/15/2016

@Becky whatever happened to that thing that you guys were working on? The thing that you had a poll for the title on all the MBs? I forget what it was but it sounded like an app

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

Yeah, isn't it the app thing?

• Posted at:

grendel

Wow I am like the main character in an RPG and have suddenly developed amnesia! I have noooo memory of this @ishmael @grendel. Nope. None at all. 

(give me a few weeks, maybe I'll get my memory back)

@Ishmael karma/point system is a good idea, and something I know folks here were thinking about before I joined the team. We definitely want to do something to have a system that incentivizes good behavior and quality posts vs what we do now which is just punishing bad behavior.  

@Drago, Topaz I'm not sure where we stand on private messages. I'll have to bring it up, because I know it's been discussed before and I don't know where we ended up on it's viability. I know it is something you'd all really like instead of having to write "no stalkers or crashers" (which inevitably brings stalkers and crashers)

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Exactly! Booky gets me! XD

And I totally do agree, knowing why a post didn't make it through would be awesome. Could we also have a page where we see what posts of ours are in the queue/have been bounced? I did one last night that took forever to write aaaaannnnnddd it bounced. ;-; I'd love to see what it was so I don't have to retype the entire thing, because it's a thread where I'm asking for genuine advice (which I have seen people do more than once) and I don't have the time to retype something like that 50 times.

(And I remember seeing the thread about the app before I joined, but I have no idea where the hecc it ended up! XD I would download it in a heartbeat [if it was free] though!)

And just a little idea (on top of many, sorry Booky), maybe we could prioritize posts like we can do in email? I have posted on a couple of GGaD/planning threads that I'd love to be able to get back to, however I can't find them in all my other posts! And when I do, I've been gone for so long that people are starting to write around Drago and Mari, and it's a bit awkward to put them back in again. ;-;

Thanks a bunch! XD

• Posted at:

Shion 

she/her/pinkiebi

#PRIDE

Gone Animatin'

I love y'all

Ayyyy, I'm back, Forumsville!

Please . . . before we go, read /356112.

@Becky/Booky B: this is why you're our favorite mod. You check our posts, reply to us faster, and give reasons. I think that pictures and such won't happen because they're harder to filter. Besides, we have to wiki to post our art on (minus the people like me who can't access the wiki). Maybe we could have some kind of warning system? Like, if ou break a minor rule or break a rule on accident, you get a warning from the mods. Maybe a three strikes you're out, depending on what the rule was though. Private messaging would be so useful! Also like a mod communication sticky thread, where we can give you guys info on the problems.
  • Posted at:

~Sorrel~

MISTAKES ARE PROOF THAT YOU ARE TRYING

#KevinTheButterfly

#RememberTheLost

#Colorless

IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW FAST YOU ARE GOING, AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT STOP

(Did I say this already?)

the ability to look through thread names you posted on if you're looking for one specific thread cause i find myself digging through post history often and it takes a long time

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

Oh yeah! I mean to ask Becky, do you think you'll allow us to use divs anytime soon? or more html privileges? I want to code stuff in my posts

basically can you answer anything about if you think you'll allow us more html anything

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

@Sorrel I wish it were possible for me to private message people too! I'd love to be able to ping people to give warnings. Since joining the forums I realized one of the big issues is sometimes I have to ban someone based on a post that got caught in the filter. It's hard to warn someone when their post didn't make it through and there's no place to even put the warning >:( 

Partly because of that problem, a mod communication/"town square" kind of post is actually something I'd been meaning to do! Way to read my mind xD Now that you've brought it up I *have* to do it so look forward to that appearing on Monday. 

@Angie post history/search function are two clunky things we built that are just so.old. They definitely need updating. Do you mean having a list of all the threads you've posted in, listed once instead of something like post history where a thread is listed as many times as you've posted in it? I can def see this being helpful especially as an active member.

Re: coding stuff, you know I haven't heard any mention of more coding features like div being added. Not to say it won't happen, but I just haven't heard anything about it. I'll ask and get more info.

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Actually having a list would be cool, but I mean having a search function like the one on the main page except for only your posts/one someone else's.

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

I'm not sure if the no-pictures thing is because this site makes it impossible or because of the risks (I've been skimming sry) but maybe something like a black-and-white Wof dragon from each tribe (like under the Tribes icon) could be used, and you could fill in the scales with colors, rather then draw your own pictures.  That way we could show our OCs, without anyone having to worry about inappropriate pics.  And for those of us that feel like we can't do art, we could just click parts of the dragon (horns, wings, scales and so on) to add colors instead of worrying about proportions and shading and 'is this even recognizable as a SkyWing?' 

Just an idea.  If it has something to do with this site being unable to hold pictures then nm.

• Posted at:

Call me <  Andalite  >

Proud Christian!

#RavenclawPride

#IDoNotSupportSame-GenderShipping

I am a girl

Fluent in sarcasm ~ My T-Shirt

I can't believe I haven't added this yet, but a big problem with the search bar is when you see a post and you click it, if the post isn't on the first page og the thread then it won't send you directly to the exact post and instead to the first page of the thread which means you have to dig through a large amount of pages. 

• Posted at:

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

seem like fantasy

@Andalite, that's actually an interesting idea that I'm surprised others haven't posted about. It would be nice to just pick a colour (maybe from a colour wheel and not just the ones we have now? Like in Paint [I think] where you can drag the selector to a certain spot and find the right shade) and put it on the scales of one of the pre-drawn dragons. Sometimes it's a struggle to describe the shade of a dragons scales, especially if it's a very specific colour. Maybe be able to put your icon/username on it so others can't claim it without your permission? It might also encourage forumers to become more artistic and/or creative? It just seems like a generally good idea XD

I have a lot to say, apparently.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

a.k.a. Panic! At the Everywhere

Detroit: Become Human

Gravity Falls

Steven Universe

Imagine Dragons

"Life is not the things that we do, it's who we're doing them with."

Est. 7/15/2016

@Topaz, I'm glad my post was understandable, I was worried it wouldn't make any sense.  

• Posted at:

Call me <  Andalite  >

Proud Christian!

#RavenclawPride

I am a girl

bump

• Posted at:

Call me <  Andalite  >

Proud Christian!

#RavenclawPride

I am a girl

Oh something about the search bar that might be worth mentioning: 

It only looks up words that exist. So for example, if you want to find a thread with a made-up name or a word you invented, it won't work.

• Posted at:

SPECTER

~ They/them ~ Nerdy friendo ~

Fight!

The universe calls.

Let the star's light

Refract into the night.

After all,

This world's never

truly dark.

+*~Believe~*+

I don't know if it's possible, but seeing who stalked your post would be nice.

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her/Christian

Mod for CC

Sept 2018 ~ March 2019 = 6342s

Pet Alpha

Four Bros

BF Galaxian

Eleven Sisters

Triplets Wizard & Pluto

"We are the many leaves that connect to the one tree."