I apologize for how short and awful this first chapter is, hopefully I'll get better at this soon if I can keep at it

also I'll post the chapters in this color so they're easier to read

Chapter One

Nobody goes there.

Creepy.

...I heard anyone who comes back from there is cursed forever.

And that was exactly why Vetur was going there.

Rounding the corner, he didn’t really understand at first glance why anyone would think it was creepy. A small icy cave next to the freezing cold ocean, it seemed peaceful, maybe a little isolated but that was fine for him.

Nobody would follow him here, there would be no angry yelling because he was a pathetic failure of a son…

And then he felt it.

A vague sense of being watched, and increasing fear.

There was a faint noise from the back of the cave.

Vetur turned and ran. Forget that idea, it’s terrifying.

But he slowed down as the sound from behind grew familiar. A dragon was crying, sobbing their heart out.

Oh no. He had to go back now. What if they were hurt? Or just even more terrified of the cave than he was?

He slowly crept back to the mouth of the cave. The wind picked up, spraying him with flecks of ice cold water as the waves crashed into the nearby shore, almost muffling the pained sobs from the back of the cave.

“H-hello?” He squeaked.

Idiot, they probably didn’t even hear you. Speak up.

“Are you okay?” He called out. The crying quieted into sniffles.

So Vetur hesitantly proceeded towards the darkest part of the cave, occasionally glancing behind him in a paranoid manner. “Who’s there?” He asked the darkness.

And then there she was. A deathly pale blue SeaWing, huddled in the very back of the cave, muffling her own cries and still not responding to him or even looking up.

Vetur stared at her awkwardly. “Do… Do you need help? Aren’t you cold here?”

She stopped crying and finally looked at him, apparently startled.

“You can see me?” She whispered.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

J

cryptid

NUMBER ONE GEF FAN

idk anymore my dudes

here to yell about the Dalby Spook

Chapter Two

Vetur took a step back. “Uh. Yes. Why?”

Her blue eyes grew wide and she barely stuttered out a response. “Uh, um, I just, I’m, I’m a, I’m not… I guess I’m just used to people kind of looking right through me.”

She laughed nervously. “Like… Like I don’t exist to them.”

“Oh.” Vetur considered that. “I kinda know what that feels like. When people don’t care to the point that you’re invisible to them...”

She stared at him sadly and shivered.

He jumped. “Oh, are you cold? I mean, I don’t know how much tolerance to cold SeaWings usually have but I don’t usually see them around here so I assume they prefer warmer climates or-”

“Yes.” She interrupted. “I’m kinda cold…”

Vetur shuffled his talons nervously. “W-well not to be rude, but, why are you here? Do you not know about the curse? How did you even find this place?”

“Curse?” The SeaWing looked down at her webbed talons. “I don’t know anything about that, I, I just came here to… get away. It seemed like a nice, quiet place even if it is a bit too cold.”

Surprised, Vetur exclaimed “Whoa! Coincidence, I also came here to, uh… get away. From something. Kind of. What’s your name?”

She shivered again. “Porpoise. You?”

“I’m Vetur. I know, weird name, hard to pronounce, I don’t really like it but oh well, I’m stuck with it.”

Porpoise rubbed her eyes and said, with obvious amusement, “You talk a lot, Vetur.”

He winced. “I know… Sorry.”

“Oh no, don’t apologize. Nobody ever talks to me this much, so it’s a nice change of pace.”

A hint of a smile appeared on Porpoise’s face. “In fact I’d be perfectly happy to stay here and listen to you talk, but it’s getting dark and I probably should go home even if they haven’t noticed I left.”

Vetur was slightly disappointed by this, for some reason. He guessed it was just nice having someone who listened and let him talk instead of scolding him for it. “Oh. Okay. Bye then.”

He watched her leave the cave and only then did it register in his mind that it was actually dark out.

Oh no. Father is gonna be so mad at me.

He scrambled out of the cave after Porpoise, barely noticing that she was already nowhere in sight.

Gotta get home, gotta get home… He flew as fast as he could, but when he arrived at his family’s small home there were no lights inside and no sign of his father.

“Anyone home?” He called softly. When he got no answer he curled up in his bed and faced the wall, dreading the morning.

What if he’s out looking for me? He must be so disappointed.

As Vetur fell asleep, he forgot to even think or wonder about Porpoise.

He could only worry.

• Posted at:

J

cryptid

NUMBER ONE GEF FAN

idk anymore my dudes

Nice!

• Posted at:

ϟStormbringerϟ

»She/her

»Forum sisters: Spirit, Fallon, Glamour and Forest

»Forum brothers: Cobra, Shard, and Prisma

»Forum twin: Ruby

»For the NightWings!

»Author

»War Dragons

Lead the pack, don't follow it.

Yes! GIVE ME MOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRREEEEEE!!!!!

• Posted at:

Throw me to the crowd,I’ll come back leading them in a riot. 

He/Him

Call me Burner

Fanwing

Demigod

Forum cousin:Rune

Spartan brother with Alphawolf 

God of war, darkness and night 

More!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

:)

Ooh, this is good.

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Queen of Non SequiturBookwyrmsPangolinsand Bones

Trash Squad, WerewolfGASTER FOLLOWER

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WoFMBer Dec. 2014-Mar. 2019

Chapter Three

Vetur found himself running back to the cave the next morning, half hoping Porpoise would be there and half hoping he would be completely alone for the day.

He found the back of the cave was empty. Disappointed but relieved, he sat in the dark, chasing confused thoughts around his mind.

An hour or so later he was staring into the dark barely thinking when Porpoise suddenly appeared in front of him.

He jumped.

“I didn’t hear you come in,” He tapped his claws on the ground nervously.

Porpoise smiled. “I know. You’re back here too?”

Vetur stood up. “Yeah. Uh, do you want me to leave or, uh-”

“No no no, it’s cool. I was actually kind of hoping you’d be here.” She sat down and gestured for him to do the same.

“Why?” Vetur questioned as he sat across from her.

Porpoise laughed. “You’re, well, interesting, and I thought it’d be… fun? To like, ask you if you would be ok with, like, telling me a little about yourself. I dunno.”

“Okay? I mean, sure, if you want I guess.” Vetur looked at her awkwardly. “What, uh, what do you want to know?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know. Do you have any siblings? What’s your favorite color? Is it fun being an IceWing?”

Vetur cleared his throat, feeling slightly overwhelmed. “Um. I have a brother. His name is Frostbite. I… don’t see him much though. My favorite color is probably green, I guess. Do you have any siblings?”

“Oh, I have two older sisters. And my favorite color is pink, but you’re supposed to be the one talking here, silly.” She squinted at him. “What do you like to do?”

Vetur had absolutely no idea how to answer this. “I. I don’t know? I don’t do much really. My life is kind of boring I suppose…”

“Oh, stop that nonsense. Everybody likes to do something. I like swimming, and music, and collecting shells. You must have something, anything!” Porpoise exclaimed cheerfully.

Hesitantly, Vetur mumbled, “I guess I… I like to sleep? And I like to look at the sky at night. And… I used to play hide-and-seek with my brother and that was fun? And… I like music too, sort of.” He glanced up at Porpoise and then back down at his claws.

“That’s cool!” She. “Do you sing? Or play any instruments?”

“No, not r-really,” Vetur replied, a little embarrassed. “I… used to want to play drums, but my dad wasn’t a fan of that idea.”

“Oh, sad. You could try to learn them out here or something though, couldn’t you?” Porpoise suggested.

“I don’t know…” Vetur found himself reluctant to continue speaking on that particular topic, but at a loss for anything different to talk about. “Uhhhh...”

Porpoise grinned at him. “You’re kinda fun. Do you think we could be friends?”

He stared at her in shock. “Uh. Um. Y-yes? If, if you want to?”

“Great! Friends it is then!” Porpoise laughed and jumped up.

“...you laugh a lot.” Vetur observed.

• Posted at:

J

cryptid

NUMBER ONE GEF FAN

idk anymore my dudes

up

• Posted at:

J

cryptid

NUMBER ONE GEF FAN

idk anymore my dudes

i haven't read any fanfic in a long time but this is well worth breaking that tradition for

• Posted at:

eureka

december 2016 - march 2019

i have no idea how many stars all my accounts have lol

i am glad you are here with me, here at the end of all things

bookmark

• Posted at:

bluedolphin8423

CHRISTIAN!

^ These two have been and will be up here till the day we're gone.

LUPA 2647

February or July 2015 – March 2019

the forum nostalgia pile

remember the lost. that's what matters.

ClerilisaFRUIT

Toasteril

balegu

Chapter Four

Every moment he could get away, Vetur was in the cave, usually talking to Porpoise.

Though she wasn’t always there.

Sometimes it was obvious she’d been crying before he arrived, but she still greeted him with the brightest smile he’d ever seen.

He was too scared to ask her about it, but he worried.

This day she seemed happier than usual, and totally unconcerned with getting home before it got dark.

“Do you wanna go look at the stars, Vetur? It’s almost dark enough out to see them.” Porpoise stood at the mouth of the cave, looking out at the sea.

Vetur shot her an confused look. “Don’t we both need to get home?”

She shrugged. “If you need to go, that’s fine. I wouldn’t want you to get in trouble. But I’m not going home.” She started to laugh, but trailed off into a choked noise. “I’m not going back home at all, ever.”

“What.” Vetur turned and stared at her.

“I’ve run away from home!” Porpoise whispered. “I’m staying right here for now. Probably for a while…”

Vetur could only stare in disbelief. “But, but why? And why would you want to stay here? I thought you didn’t like the cold?”

“Guess I’ve just sort of developed a connection with this place. It feels safe, y’know? Like nothing can find me here. Like I’m meant to be here.” Porpoise started to smile again. “So, you need to go home or do you wanna see the stars?”

Vetur sighed then half-smiled back at her and said, “I guess I’ll stay a little longer.”

“Do you ever feel…” Vetur muttered, just loud enough to be heard, “Like maybe… maybe if you hadn’t been you, everything would be better? Like somewhere along the line you made a choice that messed everything up, and now you can’t fix it ever?”

Porpoise turned to stare at him. “Huh. Not quite, but I guess I could understand it.”

Vetur shuddered. “So… uh… do you, do you have any plans on where you’re going to go? I mean, eventually? No offense, but I uh, don’t think this cave is really somewhere you could survive? Not for long anyway…”

“I’ve thought about maybe Possibility.” She said. “But I don’t really know how to get there.”

Vetur was quiet for a moment, as both dragonets returned their gaze to the stars above them.

“...Do you think I could come with you?” He asked quietly.

“Of course!” Porpoise glanced at him. “Why?”

“Oh, um, no reason in particular. ...It would be an adventure? I could talk to you more?” He sighed. “I could get out of here…”

Porpoise glanced at him again, this time with a concerned expression that he didn’t notice.

“We’ll go.” She murmured. “Sometime.”

YEP I'M BACK

• Posted at:

J

cryptid

NUMBER ONE GEF FAN

idk anymore my dudes

up

• Posted at:

J

cryptid

NUMBER ONE GEF FAN

idk anymore my dudes

re-bookmark

• Posted at:

bluedolphin8423

CHRISTIAN!

^ These two have been and will be up here till the day we're gone.

LUPA 2647

February or July 2015 – March 2019

the forum nostalgia pile

remember the lost. that's what matters.

ClerilisaFRUIT

Toasteril

balegu