I know you’re not online on the weekends, but I just wanted to say something. Some people and I have noticed you seem to be... a bit biased towards certain users? I’m not going to drop names out of respect and because I can’t exactly pin down who, but you seem to be biased towards a lot of the younger/newer forumers, and it feels like us older forumers aren’t being given a lot of slack. It’s mildly annoying to see a new forumer not even get a punishment for breaking a rule when us older forumers would get long bans for doing something small (ie: referring to an outside website once or twice).

I don’t want to tell you how to do your job, because I don’t know how to and it’d be disrespectful because I’m a kid and you’re an adult. However, I have talked to some other people about this issue and they very much agree with me on it; you’re being a bit biased and it’s slightly irksome. I don’t mean to be blunt, either— ineivatably, this is going to come off as blunt or otherwise impolite, and people will likely say that you’re not being biased. I can understand the reasons why people wouldn’t think you’re being biased. I’m just offering some constructive criticism/feedback based off what other people like me (aka older forumers) have said, that’s all.

Since I want this criticism to be constructive, I think a good way to judge when it’s good to favor a certain user or not is looking at the context of the situation. Say Person A and Person B get into an argument, and you like Person A. Person A is lashing out at people and, as a direct result, Person B tried to calm them down but got mad at Person A. You shouldn’t just pin the blame on Person B and say they were attacking Person A; Person A is at fault, too, and they should receive a talking-to as well. Both of them should get a warning, not just one of them. Telling them how they could improve and giving some suggestions (ie: taking a break from the forums) is also advised. After that, see if they respond to what you said; if they respond positively, good, the argument is probably defused. But if they respond negatively and continue to be mad/lash out, I think giving them at least a 24 hour ban is a good idea. But since this is all constructive criticism, and I’m definitely younger than you, you don’t have to take this to heart.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

necro(mancer).

creator of CoI, the PJO FWRP (/355313)

the heart wants what it wants

and what it wants

is to burst out of your chest and terrorize people. it's an alien, remember?

I kinda agree with you.

I may not be old.

I have noticed some things, though.

• Posted at:

I can see through you...

Hidden Treeline/genderfluid/ace

stop|think|talk [] stay alive.

look away.

*Raises hand* the newer forumers are, well, new (*face palms*), so they aren’t as wise about this forum per say? As in, not as well-versed in the rules or what should or shouldn’t be brought up on the forums. So, I think if we could help them, come alongside them as mentors because we’ve been on here a bit longer, instead of..er, reacting negatively? (I’M NOT SAYING PEOPLE ARE DOING THAT, I just meant to avoid doing that), it could really help?

Because some of them might’ve broken a rule by accident, and they didn’t know because nobody ever told/helped them?

if that makes any sense?

just, the older forumers coming alongside the newer/younger ones to help and guide them, instead of automatically assuming that the newer/younger forumers know how to act on here? (Again, not saying they do, just to avoid doing that).

does that make any sense? I just wanted to help out and offer some advice, that’s all...

• Posted at:

I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have trials, but TAKE HEART! I have overcome the world!

-Jesus, John 16:33

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

I don’t support same-gender romance.

4amigas

@Angel there are some forumers that have been repeatedly breaking rules that you see on the top every time you make a new post. Some continue to break the same rule even after being given a warning by other forumers and mods. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

@Ishmael, then yeah, they deserve a warning or a ban, depending on what the rules say and stuff.

I was just saying that not all of the new forumers are like that, that’s all.

• Posted at:

I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have trials, but TAKE HEART! I have overcome the world!

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

4amigas

I just read the rules...

• Posted at:

ϟStormbringerϟ

»She/her

»Forum sisters: Spirit, Fallon, Glamour and Forest

»Forum brothers: Cobra, Shard, and Prisma

»Forum twin: Ruby

»For the NightWings!

»Author

»War Dragons

Lead the pack, don't follow it.

Yeah, Angel, that makes sense. But some of the newer forumers have repeatedly broken rules and then ignored Becky B. warning them because bans are seldom given out. If they were given more bans, they’d be able to understand “hey, maybe we shouldn’t break this rule”. Nonetheless your criticism to my criticism is appreciated.

• Posted at:

necro(mancer).

and what it wants

I see what you mean... sorta.

• Posted at:

~{Alphawolf/K-9}~

~The Forum Doggo

~ Alpha of the OFWP

~ Dino-nerd

~ The Alpha Spartan

~ CT-43782  

#WeAreODST  

Thought Id try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little. -John-117  

I am a lone wolf.

@Alphawolf and @Stormbringer:

What I mean is — before the newer forumers, aka your forum generation, rolled around, us (the older forumers) would get harsher punishments for breaking the same rules newer forumers often get little to no punishment for. Example- typically, forumers just get their post removed when they state their username or someone else’s from an outside website; older forumers would get bans, sometimes lasting a week long. This, in a way, still happens; some other people and I feel as if Becky B. favors a lot of the newer forumers over the older ones. That doesn’t mean the people she favors are inherently bad; it’s just bothering some people and being biased isn’t a good way to help run a website.

• Posted at:

necro(mancer).

and what it wants

@Necromancer Ahh, now I see. Yes, Becky seems to be a little... biased. No offense, of course.

• Posted at:

~{Alphawolf/K-9}~

~The Forum Doggo

~ Alpha of the OFWP

~ Dino-nerd

~ The Alpha Spartan

~ CT-43782  

#WeAreODST  

Thought Id try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little. -John-117  

I am a lone wolf.

I'd assume that older forumers are expected to know the rules, which could be why the punishment is more severe for them. 

• Posted at:

PLATINUM

He/Him

Ex-Programmer

78th Element, Pt.

Homethread: /344630

#RememberTheLost

"Never been a perfect soul, but I will not apologize."

@Necro, no no, I completely agree! I was just stating that if we could also somehow help the newer forumers in a way as well (the ones that want/accept the help), and stuff.

I do agree with you, though!

• Posted at:

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

4amigas

the older and younger thing is a bit confusing. i'll try to give my 2 cents on it.

let's say i'm new. i accidentally ask for stars, or what we call "star farming." people calmly tell me that it's possible i'll get banned for it. i understand and stop doing it. that wouldn't exactly be cause for ban, because i was ignorant of the laws. however, if i continued, then a warning from the mods or a short ban might be in order. if i continued after, a 24 hour or longer ban, depending on how i acted, if i banned for minimal reason, ect. however, if people we're being rude about it, despite it being my first time, either the people being rude abut it or both sides (depending on how "I" acted) would be warned, banned, or would be acted on accordingly. cat angel is sort of an example of a disciplinable forumer.

now, let's say an oldie asked for stars/ star farmed. they clearly (unless oldie means over a week old) would know about star farming. if the issue is resolved quickly and calmly, it might not warrant further action. however, if they continued to act out, the short ban would be instituted much quicker, since they should already know the consequence. if acting out, both sides are more likely to be punished.

i'm not saying that the tightening on oldies is necessarily right, or that it's necessarily wrong, either. i will admit, not being able to reference outside games is very annoying (it's there to protect us, i understand that), but rules are rules. what i think, is that some matters should be looked at by mods, and some parts are somewhat debateable. obviously, if a new player has been warned, but they continue, they should get punished in similar matters as an oldie or other player would. i just wanted to try defending the mods and filter, but push certain things against it as well.

also, sorry i changed "forumers" to "players" mid post.

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

where people taunt, hope says “try one more time”

#youbelongtoaduck

your loving hybrid friend,

catwolf76

@Platinum: yes, but thing is— a lot of newer forumers have been reminded of those rules, yet constantly break them with virtually no punishment. we should all be held to the same standard when it comes to the rules.

• Posted at:

necro(mancer).

and what it wants

@Platinum

Even when we were new to the forums we would still get week-long bans for the things that newer forumers get little to no punishment for

• Posted at:

V E L L I C H O R

he/xe/they  

colourblind~system~anxious  

~fire dances in the moonlight~  

but what does the science say?

"It's been 3 hours

and we still don't know who's fronting"

being redesigned

@Angel: ah, i see. i recently rebooted my rping guide for the new forumers, so i’ll go bump that and maybe write a section after i go shopping with my mom today.

• Posted at:

necro(mancer).

and what it wants

@Stormbringer: This isn’t targeted at you or anyone specifically; I just said ‘the newer forumers’ because that’s the majority of who Becky B is favoring. Could she favor some older forumers? Possibly. But it does seem she’s more inclined to give the newer forumers more slack than the older ones.

• Posted at:

necro(mancer).

and what it wants

@Platinum that shouldn’t be an excuse for continuing to coddle them. A few forumers continued to talk about shipping one another even after the rule was put in place and were reminded not to, some continued to display personal information after repeated warnings, and still others have done or said controversial things multiple times with little to no repercussions. 

I understand the need for a learning curve but there are more forumers taking advantage of Becky’s kindness than benefiting from it. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

Big agree

Finally someone said it

• Posted at:

cσяεү

I'm not real. I'm theatre.

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help." -Loki

MBotF

b o o

ice cold

Bumping this so the mods could see it

• Posted at:

Boop

She/Her/They/Them

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

After that who cares?

He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!" — Billy Connolly

LGBTQ+

Becky doesn't like me!

• Posted at:

Leilei

I'm a descendants fan, wanna be fashion designer, half-Chinese, Hufflepuff, Greencloak, daughter of Aphrodite, Reilin fan, and a forumer!

I am also.....fashionvenus19! I'm not on my other account a lot though.

What?

• Posted at:

`·.·★Aηgie/Sappho/Melon★·.·´

{she/they}

SHSL Artist

The mods are capitalists

when the light is running low

and the shadows start to grow 

and the places that you know

seem like fantasy

have we not considered the fact that maybe mod becky just hasn’t been here long enough? like, she would have treated us the same way if she was here when we were newbies

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

woah is this actually a thing??

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~ 

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

est. jan 2016

Who are we to wonder where we're going?  

Who am I to tell me who I am?

Let's take it back, and take in every moment

Who am I, to tell me who I am?

I've been here for...7 weeks.

• Posted at:

Leilei

I'm a descendants fan, wanna be fashion designer, half-Chinese, Hufflepuff, Greencloak, daughter of Aphrodite, Reilin fan, and a forumer!

I am also.....fashionvenus19! I'm not on my other account a lot though.

I understand and I agree with you guys, it's unfair. I'm just trying to think of reasons for why this could be happening. Maybe there are rules that she has to follow that prohibit her from being too harsh on newer people? Kind of farfetched, but possible.

• Posted at:

PLATINUM

He/Him

Ex-Programmer

78th Element, Pt.

Homethread: /344630

#RememberTheLost

"Never been a perfect soul, but I will not apologize."

@opal: yeah, i get that. but you have to admit— there’s a handful of users she seems to favor and lets break rules multiple times with little to no consequences. i get that she’s probably being benevolent but like ishmael said, people are taking advantage of her kindness. that’s not okay.

• Posted at:

necro(mancer).

and what it wants

then correct the people, not her

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

What makes you think that Leilei

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

I agree with necromancer

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

[incert mark twain quote here]

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

@opal: some people like me would, but other people would see it as witch hunting (which it can be regarded as) and bullying. if becky is slightly more assertive, people will realize they should stop taking advantage of her kindness and will hopefully stop. if they don’t,,, yikes for them

• Posted at:

necro(mancer).

and what it wants

if becky really is biased, shouldn't there be evidence of her banning older forumers for doing the same thing that newer forumers have done multiple times? becky is a fairly new mod, to my knowledge, and most of this post seems based on that older forumers have gotten harsher bans in the past, which is not really becky's fault.

ofc i'm not particularly qualified to talk about this but that's my take on it

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~ 

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

est. jan 2016

Who are we to wonder where we're going?  

Who am I to tell me who I am?

Let's take it back, and take in every moment

Who am I, to tell me who I am?

How young is the younger generation?

I've been doing this for 6 weeks or so.

• Posted at:

ϟStormbringerϟ

»She/her

»For the NightWings!

»Author

»War Dragons

Um, Becky is doing her job? I mean, it must be hard having to control hundreds of virtual kids... It's worse than a school. If I were Becky, I would be totally overwhelmed and confused by this post. Not to be mean or anything.

• Posted at:

grendel

(mostly inactive until the forums get moved to home base)

(plato was a great philosopher. he said that we should be kind to everyone, because everyone is fighting a difficult battle.)

Hah. I’m 5 days old.

but I’m actually not. I had an account 2 years ago which I barely used and lost the password. At that point I thought no one would be friends with me, but then I realized that there is a lot less people here than I thought. Doesn’t stop me from asking everybody that I meet if they are on the forum 

• Posted at:

《{乚已尸丨刀〇尸巳尺凡}》(Lepidoptera)

My OCs

Aztec 

Watermelon 

Alexandra 

Triangle 

Forgotten 

Caterpillar

FORUM SISSES + BROS: Fallon, Singularity, Stormbringer, Drago, Marine

slightly autistic, bisexual

WOF, WARRIORS, GRAVITY FALLS, SVTFOE, SU, minecraft shhh

Well my first name is Toni...

(i checked the rules before posting, dont worry)

• Posted at:

ϟStormbringerϟ

»She/her

»For the NightWings!

»Author

»War Dragons

@rubylav:

lemme give you a popular example. dynasty and lily got into a fight once. lily provoked dynasty, and iirc put “dynasty is my enemy” in her siggy and adamantly refused to take it out when prompted by dynasty and others. she only did so near the end of the argument. dynasty got mad, and received a six day ban. do i think dynasty is completely in the right here? no. but do i think it was fair to only punish dynasty and let lily off the hook? i don’t think that’s fair. becky b was around when this happened, too, i think. but if someone has a better memory than me and can say otherwise, please, speak up.

• Posted at:

necro(mancer).

and what it wants

Guys, I can tell you that she is definitely a newer mod. I actually watched Sarah leave on her trip and watched Becky B step up right around the time I started reading into this place. She's only, like, a bit less than a year newer than me? Less than that?

What I'm saying is, she's new as well. And I will say, I think Platinum's onto something. If you guys have been here longer, then you should know the rules better. Heck, I still triple-read my posts and water them down because I'm paranoid about something I do being against the rules! But remember, she wasn't giving the punishments when a lot of you aged-forumers were new. I'm not saying I know what it's like to be Mod Becky (who I personally think is awesome) but I will say that I think she'd have a bit of trouble with her job if she was biased. You made very, very strong points, however, and worded it very well. It's clear that you're not trying to be mean. :)

• Posted at:

Shion 

she/her/pinkiebi

#PRIDE

Gone Animatin'

I love y'all

Ayyyy, I'm back, Forumsville!

Please . . . before we go, read /356112.

@Grendel: going off of your school analogy, you must have had at least one teacher in all your years of schooling who quite obviously had favorites in your class. Yes, she’s doing her job, but a lot of us don’t see it as being completely impartial to everyone.

• Posted at:

cσяεү

I'm not real. I'm theatre.

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help." -Loki

MBotF

b o o

ice cold

She modded on smaller forums before this. She isn’t as new as you think. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

1 ,