i'm gonna warn you, there are many angsty aspects of this story, so if you don't wanna find yourself in tears for poor Laur, then i suggest you don't read it.

or you can torture yourself and do it anyway.

- INTRODUCTION -

The world's not exactly a friendly place.

I learned that when my mama died in a church shooting, and I learned it again when I was kicked out for being gay.

I learned it time and time and time and time again.

Almost nothing about life is kind or sweet; and whatever might have been I had to earn.

I had to earn my place among my friends, I had to earn a brighter future.

But in the end, I think I blew them all away.

My name is Jason Laurens. This is my story.

yes, i know it's fairly short, but i didn't have many ideas at the time of it. i don't know when i'll finish chapter one, but i'll try to update two-to-three times a week, if not more.

later!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE DOWNFALL OF MY HOME.

up

• Posted at:

I literally can't wait for the first chapter! It sounds really good. 

• Posted at:

Call me "Hawk"

I'm am not Hawk soom wood sai I'm am da Raverze! +I'm Indigo Pizza!!!+

"Letting go is like getting a massage. You'll feel pain, but once you accept that pain, there will be calm." - Hawk. Me.

came for edgy hamilton oc backstory

it's amazing uwu

i can't wait for the first chapter!

• Posted at:

winter

<< Forum Hobby Lobby >>

- Roller coaster nerd

Mother to almost too many fictional characters

- Fangirl

The Magic of  Christmas never ends, and its greatest gifts are family and friends. "

this chapter is a bit oddly written, but Laur isn't exactly . . . mentally present, for the majority of it. he's describing all this from memory, too, so what happened was kind of lost in his mind.

- CHAPTER ONE -

Age Seven

The feeling of my mother’s hands covering my own was enough to allow me to relax; I was always anxious about messing up. I smiled, glancing back at her, and she smiled in return.

“Middle C, A,” Mama instructed as I returned my attention to the piano keys before me.

I frowned. “Which one’s A again?” I asked, and Mama guided my fingers to the right position.

“The one right between the second and third black keys in the sets of three,” she told me.

A smile flicked across my features again as I played the notes, and as Mama pulled her hands away I couldn’t help but start playing my own melody, my own tune. Mama always let me do that, as long as I went back to the lesson eventually.

“Anne!” a voice suddenly called, interrupting my free-play. I tensed; it was my father’s voice, and he didn’t sound happy.

Mama sighed. “Coming,” she called, and whispering a hushed “I’ll be right back,” she stood and left the living room.

I sat there a while, not really listening to what I could hear. I always . . . blanked out, persé, when I knew my parents were about to have an argument.

The only words I ever really remembered where my own name, “girly,” and another word — “gay,” I think. Whatever that meant. (And while I’m well-aware of what it means now, but as a child the age of seven, I didn’t understand the concept behind that word at the time.)

I winced as my parents’ more hushed voices raised — raised and raised and raised until they were yelling.

Yelling. Yelling, they always yelled. It hurt my ears, but it also hurt my heart. They argued so much. Arguing . . . all I really knew was that it was bad and it hurt people. I didn’t understand why people did it, why they tried to hurt others through it, or even how it hurt others.

Maybe because I was always so zoned out those times.

Everything was fuzzy around the edges; almost unfamiliar. I don’t know why it always happened when Mama and Dad argued — maybe it was because my mind was trying to convince me that it wasn’t real, that I was going to be okay, that we were going to be okay.

My mind was lying, of course.

A door slammed and I thought I heard Mama start crying. I didn’t move, though; things always got worse when I interfered.

Unconsciously, my hand went to my face, gracing the place where a hand-shaped bruise had once been.

A year ago. That’s the first time I tried to get in between them.

My fingers curled in on themselves as I recalled the stinging pain of the slap Dad had delivered.

I didn’t realize I was crying until I was burying my face in my hands, and the wetness of my cheeks soaked my fingers.

I didn’t like it when Mama and Dad fought. Didn’t like it because it hurt Mama so much and that made me hurt too.

I didn’t understand why they fought. I didn’t want to know, if I had to be honest.

Sobs racked my body; I don’t think I’ve ever cried this much before.

Crying, that’s for girls. Dad didn’t like it when I did girly stuff, like play piano or grow my hair long. I didn’t care.

Didn’t care; then Mama and Dad fought.

Fought, were they still fighting? I couldn’t remember anymore. Everything was blanked out.

Blanked out, couldn’t remember . . . didn’t remember when I went to my room, but everything was getting fuzzier, and I think I felt the softness of my bed underneath me. Couldn’t think right. Was tired.

Better to sleep than weep, I thought, somewhere back there, didn’t know where it came from. Just a passing idea as I drifted off.

Drifted off . . .

. . . and slept.

• Posted at:

wow. Chapter 1 is written really well, it feels just like you're inside his mind, reliving his thoughts and memories...

And the introduction gave me a scary sense of foreboding at the "blew them all away"

• Posted at:

bluedolphin8423

CHRISTIAN!

^ These two have been and will be up here till the day we're gone.

LUPA 2647

February or July 2015 – March 2019

the forum nostalgia pile

remember the lost. that's what matters.

ClerilisaFRUIT

Toasteril

balegu

@Lupa: aHhHhH THANK

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

here and ready to cry

anyway,,, hh,, good writing,,,,,

• Posted at:

v i n e 

you find some way to survive

and you find out you don't have to be happy at all

to be happy you're alive

they / them

@Vine: thank uuuuu

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

Beautiful!! *much clapping* 

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Lover of Insects & Arachnids

~Dying inside

"Facts may be colored by the personalities of

the people who present them." ~Twelve Angry Men

Remember the lost 

up

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

sorry, but y'all might have to wait a while for an update -- my creativity has poofed. ;-;

• Posted at:

I absolutely love it!!!! Chapter One was GREAT!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

Not my real name, but call me

Sparky!

"No matter what happens, there's always something good, because hope never dies!" ~ Sparky

A good quote from Vamporizer:

"WHEN LIFE PUSHES YOU BACK, PUNCH IT IN THE FACE."

Forum Twin: Wolfdragon43782 {Alphawolf}

wheeze my hamilton heart is racing

• Posted at:

winter

<< Forum Hobby Lobby >>

- Roller coaster nerd

Mother to almost too many fictional characters

- Fangirl

The Magic of  Christmas never ends, and its greatest gifts are family and friends. "

Up

• Posted at:

~ADAM~

He/Him

~Author

~₱ersonal

~Blog

Forum Fam

~Draco @ Zero

~Amber

~Stormbringer