My posts will not go through. Even when everyone else’s does. Is it just me?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Throw me to the crowd,I’ll come back leading them in a riot. 

He/Him

Call me Burner

Fanwing

Demigod

NFRealMusic

God of war, darkness and night 

Becky, my sign up thread for my RP doesn't seem to be coming through. Can you help me? I posted it last night...

• Posted at:

ThWizard

Boy

Christian

Homeschooled

Saxophone

#Singularity

#prayforCalifornia

fam: Fallon, Glamour, Seaquake, Paradox

RP# is /347930

Remember Pearl Harbor!

How was your Thanksgiving, Becky?

• Posted at:

{ fallon }

~ She/Her

~ Elven Ninja Assassin

#RememberEllysia

#Singularity

Twin ~ Blizzard

Sisters ~ Elly, Del, Gren, Forest, Storm, Marine, Lilac, & More

Bros ~ Singly, Wiz, SQuake, Imagine, Paradox

"I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong."

yea beck how was it (did u have a Pecky time?) puns

• Posted at:

Cobra

he/him

Is as Deadly as a Cobra  

"ONE of Da 10 Mysteries OF THE World" 

Form fam:Stormbringer

94% of people think wolves are evil creatures. Copy and paste this to your signature if you're the 6% who think they are kind and lovable.

@Becky: Okay, so ever since a few days ago I had been experiencing glitches with the forums. At first I thought it was just another bug with my device; all that was happening was that if I clicked a link, it would send me to the wrong page, or to this other page that I didn't recognize. But yesterday while I was checking the forums, I realized I couldn't go to 'My Posts'. I figured I might've accidentally signed out, so I went to do so. But when I clicked 'Sign In', it took me to a website with a format I didn't recognize. It was entitled 'Planet Pilkey', and the page was frozen. I couldn't scroll up or down, and the page crashes after a minute or two. After that I reloaded the page, then went back these forums via bookmark. I still wasn't signed in, and when I tried again it took me back to the Planet Pilkey page. About 20 minutes ago I thought to click a reply button, and it brought up the normal sign-in format. Do you have any idea what happened, or why? Drago and Wizard also had this problem, and Platinum I think.
  • Posted at:

~--Sorrel--~

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

~Dumbledore

#WoFMBer

#ForumsRock!

#RememberTheLost

#Colorless

My Homethread: /334563

My RPs: /329922 /329168 /332705 /334989

I'VE BEEN NOTICED

Also, do mod/admin posts always go through the filter?

• Posted at:

Boop

aka Master Bop

She/Her/They/Them

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

After that who cares?

He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!" — Billy Connolly

LGBTQ+

Recommend reads 

thread /347218 

• Posted at:

That 1 dude Draco who is waiting 4 some movies to come out

#HappierByBastilleandMarshmello

I'm Dragon Rider

wanyotbe Happier :)

I Am Lonely Shadow In This World

wAIT WHAT??? A MOD PLAYS---what? What is your epic name oh wait that's against the rules skin do you use? I can't buy any thing so yeah. Wait did you get on yesterday? Or the night before? There was a free emote from Ralph Breaks the Internet for 0 VBucks. Not sure if it's still there. What do you play on? I play PC and mobile.

• Posted at:

««ғяεεσм»»

Est. 1.13.18

Mod Eerf ©2018

KING O' LENNIES!

{he/him/fan-sea-nightwing/giant mountain/etc.}

2400+

#Myhomethreadisat/336075

#TexasStrong

@Becky- What is your job? Like, what do you get payed for? It can't just be accasionouly posting in the town square, right?

• Posted at:

SCIENTIST!!!(nickname!)

The Speed of Light, in a vaccume, is 299,792,458 meters per second

3.00 X 10Meters per second

In physics and chemistry, wave-particle duality holds that light and matter exhibit properties of both waves and of particles.

Small image from ios f119decdd5

Brrr-cky B : admin

I first posted this over in the 39 Clues MB and SAMB as those two are older and were hit the hardest of The Big Three MBs. I'll post this here now followed by the typical news post-

Before I do a normal news post I want to talk about what happened over the weekend with the post purge. 

This was an event I knew might happen at some point, but I didn't know when and I thought it was a long way off. The timing turned out really poor, as it was Thanksgiving and most of us here were gone the past few days. So by the time I learned about it happening it was already, well, this morning. I want to apologize for not giving a warning as soon as I knew a post purge could occur and give you time to collect your writing and memories. This was without a doubt a mistake on my part and I'm really sorry, kind of failed the whole point of this announcement space. You can definitely be mad and upset and hurt.  

What happened is posts that hadn't been active since 2016 were removed. This means posts that were bumped or had a comment in 2017/18, even if they were posted earlier than that, are still around. I know the majority of posts were lost but some from 2013/14/15/16 are still around because of that, I hope that retains a few of the memories you've made here. This also made me chuckle when I saw that it was still around so I hope it does the same for you, the Never Dead Thread literally might never die: https://doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/50577

First, I'm going to talk to the site developers and find out if there's any way the posts were archived as opposed to deleted. I don't want to get your hopes up, I do think they were deleted, but I'll find out for you.

Second, I'm going to learn from this mistake and give a warning right now that even though we don't have any current plans for removing more content, I recommend saving anything on here you want to make sure you keep. It is 100% possible we will need to either clear up more space or retire old things for new things in the future (like what happened to the chat). 

Again, I am very sorry. I grew up in messageboards and online games similar to here and it hurts that some of those spaces are just gone now. For what it's worth I can promise you that the memories you've made here will stick in your mind and turn into anecdotes you tell long into the future, even if the posts themselves are gone.  

• Posted at:

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out 12/26/18!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

Don't worry, Becky. I don't think anyone here blames you. We understand that it was a thing that had to happen and there isn't much we can personally do about it.

You're still the best admin we've ever had, and we owe you our gratitude.

• Posted at:

PLATINUM

He/Him

Ex-Programmer

78th Element, Pt.

Homethread: /344630

#RememberTheLost

"We can only see a short distance ahead, but we can see plenty there that needs to be done."

*a 230-car grain train, empty, and hauled by 3 ES44ACs, 2 brown, 1 sea blue, and 2 SD70Aces, both brown, thunders through the town at 45 mph, blasting the horn as snowdrifts on the tracks explode into clouds at impact*

it's alright, becky, we all make mistakes. 

• Posted at:

night

king of trucks, trains, diesel, derailments, and over-description

WoFRR! USE IT!

he/him

Fanwing

moonbli

one of the few WOFMBers who are country music fans

current mood: *DIESEL ENGINE NOISES INTENSIFY*

JOHN DEERE IS BEST TRACTOR

Thank you for caring enough to explain what's going on. In past years, we probably wouldn't have gotten any information and would have been left to wonder forever.

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

FORUM ROYAL SCIENTIST

"Anyone can choose to do good, or be good, no matter what happened before." ~Turtle

WEREWOLPRIDE

TLH Reread: /336256

Hear yea hear yea, it chilly out there. 

[Announcement]

I want to apologize for the lack of warning over the post purge. Defeated the whole point of these announcements. Please read my post about it just above this post, and don't be afraid to tell me how you're feeling. You can absolutely be mad and don't need to apologize for it. 

A lot of things are being removed from the site like the chat and some MBs as I'm sure you've all noticed. We've moved pretty much all our resources over into building a new project, the one that I've been teasing. This is why we've had to cut down some older stuff that required maintenance. What's coming is a new world that is basically everything you can do here.... but more. You'll have more freedom in how you present yourself as there are avatars, you'll be able to chat with each other, have new games to play, and I'm planning a ton of new events and activities that will be in it. I want you to know we're not just getting rid of stuff for no reason or without any plans to have new things for you. 

[Question Corner]

@Fallon thank you! I had a very cozy Thanksgiving and I ate a lot of pie. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well :)

@Cora it will be part of the new project we're developing, which I can't give a date on. All I can say is I keep not realizing just how soon it will be coming @_@ 

@Lupa It's in the library! Next to "The History of Scholastica pt 2"

@Wizard is it your OCs for thread /347115? If so, the big reason it's getting stuck is your character names are too "real" aka the filter thinks you're giving out real first names and last names. You can try doing just a first name, or try making them more fantastical. 

I found one more, and this one is less clear why it didn't make it through. It's your thread with a new RP about survivors after a sickness infects a town. First, I'd try submitting again, sometimes multiple submissions is the solution. If not, try removing some times you mention shipping/crushes. I know it's for an RP but that might be holding it up. 

@Sorrel I posted your report in our team chat. I thought what could be causing it is a broken redirect, since Planet Pilkey is a part of the Scholastic site, but we couldn't reproduce it and the redirect seems to be working. So there are a few things I'd try that might help:

1. try in incognito mode

2. try signing in on the kids homepage first, and then navigating to the forums (this is the home page: https://www.scholastic.com/kids/home/)

3. It's possible an adblocking software is blocking the login overlay, if you have an adblocker you can try whitelisting the site 

4. Update your browser, if it has updates pending

5. Try using a different browser if possible, and see if the same thing happens there

Those are some suggestions I have for you and anyone else who's having trouble with log-in. We're going to keep investigating, I know Angie had an issue with login as well and Nova has that weird issue with being logged out every time they close the tab. So there are a few things we're looking into.

@Boop yep, admin posts avoid the filter. Though there was an issue where my posts would get sent to the filter after they were posted (that's why we're on our third Town Square here >.< Apparently my posts got caught by the filter! Grr) but that's fixed now.

@Freedom Ha to be fair I haven't picked it up in a month or so (I've been busy playing Spiderman), but I play on PC and sometimes PS4! Before I joined here at Scholastic my coworkers and I used to hang around the office after work and play together. Now I need to find my Fortnite Scholasticrew.

@Scientist Listen the town square isn't going to just pay for itself u know! Real answer - I'm helping design the community features and events for our new project. There's going to be a lot of new content, and someone has to make it! 

[Forum Prompts]

Words!

-Flee

-Grapple

-Gregarious

-Crystalize

-Completionist

Concepts!

-The first day of snow ever on a tropical island 

-A hat that can control the actions of it's wearer

[Recommended Reads]

Zero has started a new story aptly titled "Zero's Story": /347218

Snapple started a very detailed WoF RP: /347093

[Warnings]

I know it's exciting when it's your birthday and you want to post about it, but birthdays are considered personal information and are against the rules of the forum. Please resist posting that it's your bday! Instead, celebrate your forum bday aka the day you joined ^_^

@Alphawolf threads solely about receiving or giving out stars is star farming, please don't do this. 

• Posted at:

i like turtles

I did! ^_^ Glad you did as well.

• Posted at:

{ fallon }

~ She/Her

~ Elven Ninja Assassin

#RememberEllysia

#Singularity

Twin ~ Blizzard

Sisters ~ Elly, Del, Gren, Forest, Storm, Marine, Lilac, & More

Bros ~ Singly, Wiz, SQuake, Imagine, Paradox

"I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong."

I honestly cannot wait for the new project, 1. when is it coming out, 2. will there be pets, and 3. please somehow put, like, a WoFRR easter egg in there somewhere, or a pet train or something, as the WoFRR is my own pet project and I would die IRL if you put that in. oh, and 4. are the avatars based on the sites? for example, for WoF, will the avatars be dragons?

• Posted at:

night

WoFRR! USE IT!

he/him

Fanwing

moonbli

Becky!! The project is now seeming more exciting than ever. As my family would say: curiosity is furrowing my side. Except this time it's not just my side, it's my entire being! I am so pumped! :D

• Posted at:

grendel

Frosty the Snowman

Knew the sun was hot that day

So he said let's run

And we'll have some fun

Now before I melt away

Wb dear Becky!! ^-^

I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving :) 

(Fun fact: did you know that my country [Peru] doesn't have Thanksgiving as an official holiday- it isn't even a holiday at all! XD)

Anyways

Uhhh 

I... made a post a few days ago about my incoming inactivity.... it didn't go through. Was there any reason or was it just a coincidence? 

Thanks!

• Posted at:

~♡~ Delirium ~♡~

>Once again,

>I can't find a thing

>That makes me want to remain here

>So even if a miracle occurred

>And somehow answered

>All of this

>Surely in 10 or 20 seconds

>I could figure just a bit

>Toumei Answer<

becky, why weren’t we able to post for like 12 hours?

• Posted at:

call me happeh

she/her

she’s bi-eauty, she’s gray-ace

what kind of woman doesn't have an axe?

canadian-chinese

catholic

will make puns

could you love this?

Becky, if Mod Sarah E comes back, are you staying?

• Posted at:

{*}Vισℓεт{*}

She/Her/Spiky Potato/ChristmaFanatic

'tís thє  sєαsσtσ  вє  jσllч

smílє σncє, plєαsє?

About the avatars, would that replace our weird icon thingies? I like my weird icon thingy. 

• Posted at:

-OET-

She/Her/It  

*insert inspirational Christmas quote here*

Forum FamFallon, StormbringeSingularity

Deity Of Nature, Flight, and Light

#SaveTheInternet

LGBTQIA+

Wow, Happeh

12 hours?

How did I miss that? school, pep band at basketball game...

• Posted at:

grendel

Frosty the Snowman

Knew the sun was hot that day

So he said let's run

And we'll have some fun

Now before I melt away

Yeah I was on then...

When will the teased thing come out?

• Posted at:

««ғяεεσм»»

Est. 1.13.18

Mod Eerf ©2018

KING O' LENNIES!

{he/him/fan-sea-nightwing/giant mountain/etc.}

2400+

#Myhomethreadisat/336075

#TexasStrong

Are you going to beta test your project or just release and see what happens

• Posted at:

Now is the winter of our discontent.

→ im your dad, boogie woogie woogie 

He//Him

moderator for GGaD

stressy and depressy

memelord

Hear yea hear yea, here comes the news after a long delay.

[Announcement]

Wowee what a day! By the time I post this, the forums will be working again. Hopefully all my bazilions of posts titled "test please go through" don't come through all at once because that would both flood the forum and be embarrassing. 

[Question Corner]

@Night 1. That's one thing I can't say yet! But I can hint that it's not too far off ^_^ 2. No pets at launch but it's not a bad idea.... certainly something we'll think about. Would you want a pet train that would choo choo around following you? 3. Oh, I'm definitely making sure we include some easter eggs. 4. The avatars will all be human-based but there are a ton of items/outfits you can wear to customize yourself

@Delirium Found it! Alright, it's because you mentioned some external sites. Tbh I think the way you mentioned them is fine, but they still got caught. That's an edit I'm trying to make to the filter so fewer posts get caught unnecessarily, but it might still be a week or so before it takes effect. Changes happen s l o w l y

@Happeh Truthfully I'm not sure. Posts weren't even making it to the filter, which is how I realized something was really wrong (plus I tried to post and couldn't). It may have to do with the updates we're making to all the Scholastic sites, we're still trying to figure out exactly what happened.

@Violet Yes!

@Forest I'm sure we can find a way to retain the weird icon thingys! 

@Freedom We don't have a launch date we can announce yet! As soon as we do this is the first place that will know it.

@Ishmael The initial release is going to be out there and open to everyone, but we're treating it as something of a testing phase. We'll base a ton of early updates and fixes on the feedback we receive.

[Forum Prompts]

You're walking to school one day and trip over a giant book laying in the middle of the sidewalk. You reach down to pick it up, it's old and dusty but seems to be in decent condition. Flipping through it, you see it contains the future of anyone in the world. You check the index for your name.... and you're not there.

Who would win - 100 tiny mudwings or 1 giant cow?

[Recommended Reads]

You shouldn't read this thread, I'm warning you: /347182

Cleaver has started a WoF trollfic in honor of their 5000th star (wow!) /347453

Oncilla's re-read of The Lost Heir is certainly worth checking out: /336256

[Warnings]

@beedragon419 You posted this before my general warning yesterday two days ago, but sharing your bday is against the forum rules. 

• Posted at:

i like turtles

By the way, I'm watching this thread for news on Neoma... so if you find out anything, please don't wait for me to post to post it here...

And I couldn't post yesterday or the day before... it didn't even go to the filter...

• Posted at:

~Gleam'sHolidaySiggy~

She/Her/Spiky Potato

Merry Christmas!

Flipside: Luna

GroupWinterAesthetic

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." ~Paul Brandt

ForumFam: Uxii, Rune, Eliza

becky, I would love a pet train, especially if it had train cars attached

• Posted at:

night

WoFRR! USE IT!

he/him

Fanwing

moonbli

Question,

I get banned for no reason at random times.

I go to my siggie to see the ban reason, and how long.

Neither of them are ever there.

That is why I quit this website for a while.

Do you have any idea of why I get randomly banned with no reason?

Is it something my school can do?

• Posted at:

[$ATLAS$]

He/Him

[Forum Family: Key, Lilac, Nightcore]

QUOTES:

"Live every moment as not to regret what you are about to do." - Mickey Mouse

"I'm not weird, your just not weird enough." - Me

The Word Game: /348419

any idea why the downtime was there?

• Posted at:

I guess I'm guilty

Grif

He/Him

Relatable Duo 

assigned kork kin 

miu stan

I'll admit it, I did it

Hello Nightseeker remember me e.e

• Posted at:

[$ATLAS$]

He/Him

QUOTES:

The tiny MudWings would win, they'd be like flying piranhas! The giant cow wouldn't stand a chance.

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

FORUM ROYAL SCIENTIST

"Anyone can choose to do good, or be good, no matter what happened before." ~Turtle

WEREWOLPRIDE

TLH Reread: /336256

Hi Becky, Thanks for answering others question. It would be so cool to meet Tui. I always dream of helping her with a book or help her create more characters. Alas I know that will never happen. I like peril, glory, deathbringer, Blue, Cricket, Clearsight, moon, winter, Tnusami, Fathom, indigo, all the animus,kinkajou, no I don't like all of them just most of them. Love your picture & if you ever meet Tui tell her I inferno the princess rainwing said Hi.

Thanks Again ~ Inferno 

• Posted at:

Inferno rain|night wing thrice born mine reader future teller animus daughter of queen glory & death bringer ~ likes male ice wing frost

Timber mud|Sky wing son of Peril & Clay sibling Merlot & Crimson twins, & maroon ~ likes Tide

Great! You’re one of the best mods we’ve seen in a long time, and it would have been sad to see you go. Question: favourite tea?

• Posted at:

{*}Vισℓεт{*}

smílє σncє, plєαsє?

Hear yea hear yea, here comes da news 

[Announcement]

If you haven't already, take a peek over hereee to follow along with updates on our new project: /347660

[Question Corner]

@Gleam the no posting thing was a forums-wise issue that affected everyone. We're still investigating what happened there. As for your Neoma post, it's actually an example I sent to the filter developers as something that was being incorrectly tagged and filtered. Try submitting it again, I'm not sure if changes have been made yet to the way posts are being filtered but it can't hurt to try.

@Orion I looked into your account and while you aren't banned, sometimes you must be using the site on an internet connection where someone was IP banned. It sounds like this happens when you're going on at school. That means it might've been someone else there who was banned. I undid the IP bans and made them just normal bans, so you shouldn't run into the same issue! 

@Grif Alas I am not really sure yet and I don't want to give wrong info. We're still looking into it. 

@Oncilla Hahahaha the image of a bunch of tiny MudWings swarming like piranhas is so vivid! Also, there was just news about a GIANT cow (well, steer) in Australia named Knickers. I don't want to say my prompt predicted the news, but....

@Inferno I'm really looking forward to meeting her someday! I will give her your message when I do :)

@Violet Thank you!! :) I l o v e tea so that's really hard. My favorite is probably turmeric ginger tea, but I also really like rooibos. 

[Forum Prompts]

Interesting words:

-Glib: can describe a person or the way they're talking. It means saying something with little preparation or really quickly, offhand. Speaking without substance. For example, you can answer a question in a glib way. 

-Eldritch: eerie, weird

-Pluvial: of or pertaining to rain 

[Recommended Reads]

Elf is looking for collaborators for a new FWRP, if that floats yer boat or you ideas - nows the time to help! /347744

[Warnings]

@forestdragon428 It looks like you're new so first of all welcome! Second, one of the rules on the forums is that shipping/romance between real forumers is not allowed for your own safety. Shipping is only allowed in RPs and stories. It looks like Forest and Blade are your and sandwings114's nicknames, so I've removed your signature.

• Posted at:

i like turtles

I answer my eldritch friends' questions in a quib way when it's pluvial outside.

*claps hands together* BOOM! Nailed it! XD I use big words I don't understand to make myself seem more photosynthesis.

(Not Sorry dude :3 )

• Posted at:

Shion 

fromtheWoFMB

alsotheSAMB

she/her

forumpinkiepie

DragoMariWyvernLauraMelMasonClariSketchOrion

aggressivelyaro/bisexual

jinglebells!

daughterLily

momEllysia

#PRIDE

"Don't you wanna get away from this same old part you've gotta play?"

canburstintoflames

For about 1-2 days camp my posts and if I say something about getting re-banned for no reason please go to the Forum and talk to me!!! Thank you :3

_ ORION

• Posted at:

[$ATLAS$]

He/Him

QUOTES:

You’re welcome, it’s true.

I know, which is partly why I asked. Never tried those two. Also, on that IP address ban, can you tell me what year it was issued? Then it’s possible I could figure out if that person is still at this school

• Posted at:

{*}Vισℓεт{*}

smílє σncє, plєαsє?

So... Becky today  and every day for the past few weeks I have been going on to an IP address that you said was banned... Could you tell me why it was issued and if it could be removed?... It is the building where I do my school and during breaks I go on here but I can not post anything... I would be so happy if you could undo that ban...

• Posted at:

ThWizard

Boy

Christian

Homeschooled

Saxophone

#Singularity

#prayforCalifornia

fam: Fallon, Glamour, Seaquake, Paradox

RP# is /347930

Remember Pearl Harbor!

Same @The Wizard

This happens to me, Becky said she undid the IP ban and made it a normal ban!! So maybe it will work for me.

I hope she does it for you to and works :)

• Posted at:

[$ATLAS$]

He/Him

QUOTES:

Too*

• Posted at: