I've been thinking of sharing a story of mine with you peeps. I started writing it near the end of 8th grade (maybe it was in November, I forget), and I've been working on it for about two years (excluding summers). It's called Beware of the Woods, and I refer it as a short story, even though the Google doc I have for it is 12 pages (10 of the 12 pages is the actual story).

Prologue

During the storm, the wind howled, the branches groaned, the river roared, and the rain cascaded down upon the towns nearby. If not already done so, townsfolk rushed inside their homes, hurrying their children indoors. It was a known fact to the townspeople that storms were wild and dangerous; they should be avoided as much as possible, just like the unruly woods and its inhabitants. They also knew that these forests were where they got wood for building and as kindling. Some headstrong and determined young men would go into the wilderness to prove to themselves, and to their village, that there is nothing to be afraid of; those young men rarely came back. On nights when they didn't return home, the villagers would hear bone-chilling cries of horror and suffering; sometimes even the unmistakable sound of death from the mist-shrouded woods outside the safety of the clearing. The men that did come back were mentally unstable and scared out of their wits. Little did the townspeople know, some people may actually live in there, too.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

Fam: Everyone

BotW: 345247

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Don'thinof thiagoodbyethinof iaa "seyolater."

bookmark

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her/Christian

Mod for CC

Sept 2018 ~ March 2019 = 6342s

Pet Alpha

Four Bros

BF Galaxian

Eleven Sisters

Triplets Wizard & Pluto

"We are the many leaves that connect to the one tree."

Interesting, I would like to see where this goes

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

[incert mark twain quote here]

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

Thanks Scorch! I'll post the next part/chapter when I'm home or when I'm not on mobile

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Here's the next chapter! I hope you like it :D

An Explorer in the Woods

Forrest looked around at the dense wilderness, inhaling the cool, clean air. The wind danced among the branches and leaves, predators hunted prey, prey found food; the forest was alive. He walked from the shelter of his cave, which was in one of the denser parts of the woods (although all of the woods previously mentioned were denser than your average woodland). Stopping for a moment, Forrest smelled the familiar yet infrequent scent of a male villager entering the forest he called home.

Interesting, he thought, this one decided to come during the day. Makes sense because the people of the village know the woods are more dangerous at night than during the day. I'll go investigate to see if he's going to explore, get some wood, or something else. Maybe I could bring him to my cave. I might even show him around the forest some, but not enough for her or anyone in his village to get suspicious.
-

Forrest's cave was close to the village where the brave town dwellers (they almost always would be of the male variety) would enter the forest territory, so it wasn't very long for him to see the excited explorer. He's probably excited and possibly surprised because he has existed this long while being in the forest, without being eaten, mauled, or anything else like that. If he's noticed me yet, he might be surprised that someone that looks like his kind is also in the woods.

-

Forrest decided to stay where he was a little longer and wait for the explorer to come closer to where he was standing. If this explorer has noticed me yet, he might think that I'm hiding when I'm not trying to hide. The explorer looked about his age. He was wearing a camo jacket with navy blue jeans and he had on a big dark green colored backpack, probably filled with either some survival or exploring gear. Yep, he's probably a voyager, going “where no man has ever gone before.” Or maybe he's just attempting to prove himself, not sure why, perhaps to those back in his village who thought he couldn't live up to their expectations or something.
-

There was an awkward silence between the two when the traveler spotted Forrest, neither sure of what to do next. The silence seemed to stretch over the whole length of the forest. Forrest ended it by extending a hand, “Hi, I'm Forrest. Welcome to the woods.”

After a slight pause, the explorer shook his hand, “Hi, the name's Jack. Nice to meet ya.”

-

When the awkward silence returned, Forrest suggested, “So, would you like to see where I live? I know my question is pretty random; I'm asking because you're probably wondering where I would live in this forest.”
     Jack laughed nervously, “You must be some sort of mind reader. Sure, why not?”
     “Ok, then. Follow me.”

-

Going down the faint dirt path Forrest seemed to be making, the pair set off for Forrest's cave. The cave had an evergreen tree on both sides of the opening, each roughly the size of a two-story house. Sweeping his arm toward the entrance of his home, Forrest announced, “Welcome to my little corner of the woods.”

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Keep going!

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her/Christian

Mod for CC

Pet Alpha

Four Bros

BF Galaxian

Eleven Sisters

Triplets Wizard & Pluto

Bookmarking is in progress.... bookmarking complete.

• Posted at:

^¥Ash Spawn¥^

He/Him

Slitherin

Forum Family: Zane, Ruby

What some call sands of time, I call the ashes of age.

Afterall, that’s what’ll be left behind in the end, ashes.

What do ya think of it so far? Please spread the word about this. I'll post the next part when more people see this and provide feedback and/or hype for the next part

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Tis great mate.

• Posted at:

^¥Ash Spawn¥^

He/Him

Slitherin

this is pretty cool

• Posted at:

coffees

hi

she/her enfp-t

i like:

twenty øne piløts, panic! at the disco, hamilton, story theives, harry potter, gravity falls and memes :)

#bemorefictional

#ihatetiktok

#christmastime

keep going

• Posted at:

Arrow

Am I alive?

Or am I dead?

How do you know?

I'll post the next part probably today

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

IT'S BACK ON!!! EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! sorry...wait. No I'm not. *continues squealing*

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her/Christian

Mod for CC

Pet Alpha

Four Bros

BF Galaxian

Eleven Sisters

Triplets Wizard & Pluto

I’m still waiting.

• Posted at:

^¥Ash Spawn¥^

He/Him

Slitherin

I LOVE IT! Keep going!

• Posted at:

Not my real name, but call me

Sparky!

"No matter what happens, there's always something good, because hope never dies!" ~ Sparky

A good quote from Vamporizer:

"WHEN LIFE PUSHES YOU BACK, PUNCH IT IN THE FACE."

Forum Twin: Wolfdragon43782 {Alphawolf}

(Hopefully) incoming programs report

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

*progress

This'll probably repost maybe 3 times because I'm impatient

After 3 weeks and 2 days since my last edit on the doc for it, I have made some progress (because I went to my creative writing club in a while aka last time I went was Sept 28th):

~ Writing three lines

~ Finally finishing a part of the story (Yeeessss! Finally! After 2 years (98% of that time was spent not working on it) of working on that part, I finally finished it) Whenever I post said part, it'll most likely be a two parter {both due to length and it workes better stylistically}

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

*progress

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Possible double post:

After 3 weeks and 2 days since my last edit on the doc for it, I have made some progress (because I went to my creative writing club in a while aka Sept 28th):

~ Writing three lines

~ Finally finishing a part of the story (Yeeessss! Finally! After 2 years (98% of that time was spent not working on BotW) of working on that part, I finally finished it) Whenever I post said part, it'll most likely be a two parter {both due to length and it workes better stylistically}

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

After 3 weeks and 2 days since my last edit on its doc, I've made some progress (because I went to my school's creative writing club for the first time in a while):

~Writing three lines

~Finally finishing a part of the story (Yeeessss! Finally!!!) which took a while (maybe a yr or less, but 95% of that time was spent not working on BotW)

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Ignore all those posts in a row except for the one after "incoming programs report"

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Poke

• Posted at:

IVORY                       

Kill'm with kindness                         

TRY SOCCER SO

SOCCER IZ COOL      356421 (home rp)

incoming part

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

*super hyped*

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her/Christian

Mod for CC

Pet Alpha

Four Bros

BF Galaxian

Eleven Sisters

Triplets Wizard & Pluto

part three is out! (please let this through, mods. i don't wanna have to spend half an hour copying & pasting and fixing the format)

Forrest’s little Corner of the Woods

Motioning to a rock with a cushion on it, Forrest said, “Please sit down while I get a fire going.” As Jack settled in, Forrest brought over some dry wood from a pile of neatly stacked logs in the corner of the cavern and placed them inside a medium-sized circle of stones. Four cushioned rocks were reasonably close to the firepit, one of which was the cushioned rock Jack was presently sitting on. While his host tried to create a spark with two rocks on the logs, Jack let his eyes take in his surroundings. He had entered what seemed to be the main chamber of the cave [or something, I’ll work on the wording later eventually]. Off to the side was a corridor that seemed to lead to a few other areas further down in the cave.

If Forrest eats at least some cooked meals, this could also possibly be his kitchen, but I bet that it isn’t. If it was, there would probably be some makeshift bowls or something like that in a corner of the room. In the corner of the cave, there was a rack that could be used for drying fish, as well as a shelf with some clay pots which held herbs on it. [Insert some more descriptive stuff here]

Forrest thought about earlier, “Why were you surprised when you saw me?”

“I’m not sure, I guess I didn’t expect anything other than plants and wild animals to live here. Even if I did, I wouldn’t be expecting someone my age alive and,” motioning to Forrest’s outfit, “looking like this. How in the world did you find this stuff?!” Forrest was wearing a dark green flannel jacket with a dark grey shirt underneath it, navy blue jeans, and hiking boots. He also had a working watch on his wrist.

Shrugging, Forrest replied, “Well, I have in my room clothing for different types of weather, and if I need more layers on my bed or for myself, I go into a store open early in the morning near the edge of your village and buy some. If you’re thinking, ‘How could he get any money in a forest like this!’ I don’t steal the money, technically. All I do is find money from off the ground in the forest on one of my walks and keep it. The money is most likely from somebody that decided it would be a good idea to bring money on a camping trip and they accidentally dropped some. You probably think of it as ‘stealing,’ but I think of it as ‘the forest providing for my needs.’”

“So is that how you got this cushion?” Jack patted the cushion he was sitting on.

“Uh... sure, you can think of it that way.” Forrest looked at his watch, then outside, “I think that you should probably go home, or at least pretty soon, because it’s about an hour ‘til sundown. If you’re here to prove your bravery or something like that, I’ve seen grown men running out of here, screaming their heads off at least a couple hours after nightfall.”

“If we’re making some sort of deal, then I'll go halfway by either leaving right before sundown or an hour after nightfall.”

Forrest’s expression and demeanor quickly changed from easygoing to scared and serious. He grabbed Jack’s arm, which got Jack’s attention, even though he was already paying attention. “You need to listen to me. I’ve heard bits of talking from your fellow townsfolk that some of the people that come into the forest at night, don’t ever come back. Even those who do come back are scared out of their wits, never wanting to set foot in this place again. All of those rumors are true. Most of the people who don’t come back weren’t killed. I don’t really want to scare you, but a witch lives in this very forest. Your village knows by now that going into this forest at night is an extremely bad idea unless you wanna get yourself killed. Your villagers also know that going into the woods during the day is fine; nobody wants to risk the chance of death or worse if they’re ever here at night. They should be afraid, and for a good reason. The woods are dangerous at night because that is the time when she is active.

“What I’m trying to tell you is that if you go into or are already in the woods when it is night, she is going to find you and turn you into something that is not human in a way that can not naturally happen. If you’re lucky, she will still change you, but not as much as fully changing you into something else. No matter what, either physically or mentally, there will always be a reminder of you entering this place at night.”

There was a moment or two of silence, other than the crackling of the fire. Finally, Jack asked, “I trust you, but why have you been living in the forest? I have a feeling that I would’ve remembered you if we’ve met before, and it seems like you’ve been living out here for a while.”

Forrest looked outside again, then back at Jack, “Ask me again tomorrow, please. I promise that I’ll tell you then, but for now, you need to go home! I really don’t want you to end up like the people who stay here in the woods until it’s too late. I’m telling you this for your sake, so please go now, and hurry!”

“Ok, I’ll go! See you here tomorrow at 8:30?”

“Sure, but go now, please! For my sake, if not for your own sake, just go!”

“Ok then, sheesh.” Jack got up off his seat, hastily picking up then putting on his backpack. As he ran out of the cave, he called, “See you tomorrow. Good night!” He continued running, afraid to look back. He slowed down where he met Forrest so he could catch his breath and make sure his heart wouldn’t burst. Jack continued on running, but more carefully until he reached his village. Nearing his house, Jack took a somewhat long break because the weight of his backpack caught up with him while the adrenalin in him was slowing down. After he finally caught his breath, he walked down the familiar paths of his village until he reached his home.

When he opened the door, Jack was both surprised and relieved that his parents were both in bed; one of them forgot to lock the door. It was nice to know that one of them cared enough to keep out things for making a sandwich. His stomach growled hungrily, realizing that he hadn’t eaten in a couple hours. Driven by hunger, he quickly made a sandwich and got a water bottle out of the fridge. After he ate a late dinner, Jack put his dishes away and went to his room.

His eyes adjusted quickly to the darkness. Changing into his pajamas, he folded and put the clothes he was wearing on top of his dresser. After, he sat on his bed and set his alarm clock to 7:45 a.m. As he got under the covers, Jack thought, What was Forrest going to tell me? Why can’t I remember seeing him before today, even though his voice seems very familiar? He tossed and turned to ponder these questions over and over again until sleep finally came to him.

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

at least, i hope the mods let it throuh the first time. i don't think anything inappropriate is in there... i really hope it goes the first time because i don't wanna do something again that took maybe 30 minutes (idk, peeps like me ((kiddos with ADD or ADHD, i'm the former of the two)) are bad at estimating time)

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

more, More, MOre, MORe, MORE!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her/Christian

Mod for CC

Pet Alpha

Four Bros

BF Galaxian

Eleven Sisters

Triplets Wizard & Pluto

I LOVE IT, CONTINUE IT, PLEASE!!!!

• Posted at:

Not my real name, but call me

Sparky!

"No matter what happens, there's always something good, because hope never dies!" ~ Sparky

A good quote from Vamporizer:

"WHEN LIFE PUSHES YOU BACK, PUNCH IT IN THE FACE."

Forum Twin: Wolfdragon43782 {Alphawolf}

I have two more parts fully written, and i haven't started the part after the one I finished today (the one that'll be a two-parter). Hrmm... should I post the next part now, or wait to create suspense...? Why hasn't Forest read it yet? If she has, why hasn't she said anything yet? I mean, I kinda have her in this story (at least name wise)...

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

I just saw this, and I was summoned kind of. 1. This is amazing. 2. IM IN YOUR STORY (Tserof: Your not actually stop thinking yo-) SHUSH I AM.

• Posted at:

ғʀs  

ʜ ʟs  

I ʙ ʀʏʙʏ ʟs ʜʀ

ɪs ғ ʜʏ

HAIL KEVIN 

incoming new part yes, this shall live

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

YAY!!!

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her/Christian

Mod for CC

Pet Alpha

Four Bros

BF Galaxian

Eleven Sisters

Triplets Wizard & Pluto

i'm sorry i haven't posted another part in a long time. anyway, here's the next section! (mods, please let this through. i want people to remember that this exists)

Here goes Nothin’

BEEP! BEEP! His alarm clock screamed at him 7:45 a.m., and he fought the tempting urge to hit the snooze button. Shutting off the alarm, Jack thought, Oh crud, I hope Mother and Father slept through that... I don’t want either of them to yell at me for getting up this early and waking them up. He jerked up, I need to meet Forrest soon! He then got out of bed, went into the bathroom, and cleaned himself up.

Going back into his room, Jack took off his pajamas, folding them, and dropping them on his bed. He then put back on the clothes he wore yesterday, which weren't really dirty. Before he left his bedroom, he grabbed his backpack, slung it over his shoulder, and put on his watch. As he entered the kitchen, he grabbed some locally made energy bars and stuffed them into his backpack. Then, he put a couple of energy bars in his jacket pockets, in case Forrest wanted a couple, or as his breakfast. Looking around the room, checking to be sure he was not forgetting anything, Jack then unlocked, opened the front door, and walked out of his house. Once he was out of the house, he got out his house keys from his back pocket and locked the door.

As he walked down the dirt back road to the supply store that was about two minutes walking from the woods entrance, Jack stuffed his keys into a front pocket of his jeans. It was early enough in the day for the sun to begin rising over the horizon, but not so early that the villagers who weren’t farmers to be waking up. The sky looked beautiful and vibrant with its blues, oranges, and pinks, coloring the clouds as well. He walked down the dirt path and looked up at the sky every once in a while because he usually didn't wake up early enough to see the sunrise in all its glory. Jack tried his best to walk quietly with his backpack full of stuff so everybody else in the town wouldn’t wake up from all the noise he was making.

Finally, he reached the border between the town and the woods. This border was a line of medium-sized stones which marked the end of the dirt road he was taking. The stones were a subtle but sure sign that if it could talk, the line of stones’ message would be “I hope you know what you’re doing. If you proceed past me, you’re not going to be 100% safe from the woods beyond.”

Jack looked up at the sky, a feeling deep down in his gut that told him he could still be changed by the witch if the sun wasn’t fully above the horizon. He watched the sun inch higher into the sky until the first light of dawn touched the leaves on the tallest tree branches, knowing that he was safe from her grasp this morning. Taking a deep breath as if he were gathering up all his courage together in every part of his body for this simple task of stepping over some rocks that ranged in size from small to medium to somewhat large. Well, here goes nothin’.

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

*fangirl squeals*

If you ever get this published, I'm sooooo getting it and adding it to my shelf!

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her/Christian

Mod for CC

Pet Alpha

Four Bros

BF Galaxian

Eleven Sisters

Triplets Wizard & Pluto

I may eventually need ideas for this, but that won't happen for another couple of parts

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Thanks, Fallon! That's a great idea. I might do that whenever I finish the story

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Wowser bowser! This is great! Don’t mind me book-marking...

• Posted at:

~~Crow~~

~~Yes, the small, loud bird~~

Forum Twin: Prisma

Codemaker Codebreaker

Deity of Thieves and Flight~

Joined February of 2018

Star Count: 278

~The Extroverted Author~

Travel light and see the world right

You'll never know if you never go

Thank you! I was honestly surprised when I saw this on the first page

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

1) THIS IS SOOO GOOD! 2) PUBLISH. THIS. 3) How is it possible to be that good at writing? 4) bookmark

• Posted at:

Prism/Kaleidoscope

⇢She/Her/Fangirl⇠

⇢Star  Count ~ 804⇠

⇢5/5/15~Until the very end⇠  

⇢You're Talented & Amazing⇠ 

⇢And Don't Let Anyone Tell You Otherwise⇠ 

⇢And Always Chase Your Dreams⇠ 

Thank you! I'll try to post another part tomorrow

• Posted at: