So there’s been an influx of newbies, so I’m gonna talk about thread etiquette, or threadiquette if you will. 

Please don’t talk about your own threads on someone else’s thread. That’s extremely rude because you’re essentially interrupting the thread and also disrespectful because you’re dismissing the time and effort put into the thread to boost your own. 

If you want to advertise your roleplay, there’s a sticky thread for that. If you want to invite a certain person to a roleplay, make a separate summoning thread and talk to them that way, or find their homethread and talk to them there. Don’t hunt them down on a random thread. It’s awkward and the real life equivalent of popping out of a bush while they’re talking to someone else. 

In general, it’s bad form to flex your star count on someone else’s star celebration thread. It shouldn’t matter if they’re celebrating 10 stars or 10,000. Saying your own star count without any prompting makes it sound like you’re either asking for pity stars or are trying to outdo the other person. 

On the topic of stars, it’s also against the rules to ask for stars. This is known as “star farming”. An example would be saying “It’s my birthday, give me stars”, or “If I get 10 stars, I’ll post another chapter.” If people like what you post, they’ll star it! 

Your star count is not a direct measure of your worth. It’s just a number and you should not let it dictate your actions. 

For your signatures, try to keep the bright colors to a minimum. We can’t read all your cool stuff if it’s in light blue and yellow. Keeping giant fonts to a minimum goes hand in hand with that, as well. It’s rather annoying having to scroll through a full, 32pt siggy when I’m trying to find something. Of course you can still use it, but don’t make your entire siggy like that. 

Now to everyone’s favorite topic, flame wars. If you see a thread you disagree with for any reason, no one is making you read or reply to it. 

A bit louder for the people in the back: IF YOU DISAGREE WITH A THREAD FOR ANY REASON, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PARTICIPATE, READ, ACKNOWLEDGE, OR REPLY TO IT. Many fights could be avoided if people decided to be mature and stay out of other people’s way. Of course, not everything looks like a flame war in the beginning. If you feel like a thread is going to get out of hand, it’s perfectly fine to say “hey, we aren’t going to see eye to eye, and that’s okay. We don’t need to fight about it.” And just drop it. If something attacks your fundamental beliefs, you can ignore it. You do not have to engage in conversation. The forums are big enough for you to avoid someone if you so wish. 

Alternatively, if you feel someone is being unnecessarily harsh or you feel uncomfortable, you can report the post/thread. Same goes for things you think might spark a flame war. Reporting it may not take it down, but it can put it on Becky’s radar. 

Overall, just be mature, and be kind. Use your best judgement. 

If anyone has anything they’d like to ask or add, feel free to!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

12,899 Stars

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

*frantically jumping up and down in the back row, applauding*

THANK YOU I'm probably guilty of most of that THIS NEEDED TO BE SAID

• Posted at:

Shion 

she/her/pinkiebi

#PRIDE

Gone Animatin'

I love y'all

Ayyyy, I'm back, Forumsville!

Please . . . before we go, read /356112.

When posting someone’s opinion shouldn’t mean everyone bows there head and agrees with them, people are going to disagree and you can’t stop that. If I say Red dead Redemption 2 is the best game in existence, of course people are going to dissagree and that’s alright! Opinions are meant to be swayed and talked about. And if we can’t have a discussion and dissagree, then why do we put our opinions out there in the first place?! I know an argument should stop when it starts to get toxic and mean but that dosen’t mean we can’t dissagree on something and discuss it. 

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

[incert mark twain quote here]

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

Healthy debate and discourse is fine and encouraged, but it rarely stays that way. I didn’t mean for it to come across that we should never talk about disagreements, but a lot of people have a tendency to pick at every little thing that differentiates from their views when it’s better to let sleeping dogs lie. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

12,899 Stars

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

Also the advertising is a pet peev of mine but it now happens less often 

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

Better formatting would probably be appreciated, but otherwise, well said.

• Posted at:

PLATINUM

He/Him

Ex-Programmer

78th Element, Pt.

Homethread: /344630

#RememberTheLost

"Never been a perfect soul, but I will not apologize."

Red dead redemption 2 is pretty good 

overall god things to 

• Posted at:

Carbide

OH NO NO

fortnite god

we must defeat t series

Sub to pewd pls 

What I’ve felt

what I’ve known

never shined through what I’ve shown

never free 

never me

So i dub thee unforgiven 

amen

• Posted at:

happeh  

people come into our lives for a reason

bringing something we must learn

we are led to those who help us most to grow

we help them in return

i don't know if i believe that's true

but i know i'm who i am today

because i knew you

Ive been here before so i dont think im a newby honestly

• Posted at:

AdorableAcribatics137

i love wings of fire

Glory is my fav 

@carbide, yeah I heard it was good but I never played it

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

(TBH I'm more into Wizard101 and Pirate101. Sorry dudes. ;-; )

Another thing that kind of triggers me (just the tiniest bit, and it's not always necesserily in the forums) is when people make a thread dedicated to one thing, and then people get WAY off topic about something else. (Not pointing any fingers, but . . . *reads past few posts about gaming*)

But other than that, I'd say if something bothers me, I just stay away from it. *shrugs* 'Sall there is to it, really, so I don't really have anything to add. This was really well-put, Ishmael and the Forumers who followed. More people should read this.

• Posted at:

Shion 

she/her/pinkiebi

#PRIDE

Gone Animatin'

I love y'all

Ayyyy, I'm back, Forumsville!

Please . . . before we go, read /356112.

@Platinum formatting? I don’t know her

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

12,899 Stars

THANK YOU FREN

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

The end is not merely the end, but a chance for new beginnings

i made that up on the spot wow it sounds good

Why do people not anser what I say!!!

• Posted at:

AdorableAcribatics137

i love wings of fire

Glory is my fav 

What did you say?

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

12,899 Stars

Up

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

12,899 Stars

Adorableacrobatics, you're back! I suggest not putting yellow in your siggy, though, it's sort of hard to read.

• Posted at:

grendel

(mostly inactive until the forums get moved to home base)

(plato was a great philosopher. he said that we should be kind to everyone, because everyone is fighting a difficult battle.)

i would like to add not to bump old threads up. it's like removing all the hair from the sink and putting the hair back in; clogging the water n stuff. (bad analogy)

so pls don't bump stuff up

• Posted at:

happeh  

people come into our lives for a reason

bringing something we must learn

we are led to those who help us most to grow

we help them in return

i don't know if i believe that's true

but i know i'm who i am today

because i knew you

Bump

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

A good siggy size is about maybe

This. Wait is my siggy OK? I'll make a new one tomorrow but is this a good size?

• Posted at:

««ғяεε∂σм™»»

Est. 1.13.18

Mod Eerf ©2018

KING O' LENNIES!

{he/him/fan-sea-nightwing/giant mountain/etc.}

2400+ ☆

#Myhomethreadisat/336075

#TexasStrong 

#DistrictSpellingBee 2/6/19