You can like wolves. I like wolves.

But seriously? 

That’s not liking them for what they are for. No, they are not gentle. They hunt down and slaughter creatures of all kinds. No, they are not exactly innocent. But yes, they can be lovable as much as any other predator is.

Just saying things like that...

Please. Stop.

You’re probably talking about a dog for all I care...

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

IMPERIAL  

worship the moon baby or else

The VEGITAL is hungry

#CelloSquad

School exists so inactive on weekdays

^ Second sentence is important ^

Always thought this, but never said anything about it.

Wolves are not innocent creatures. They are, matter of fact, the exact opposite of innocent. Every wolf will kill in its lifetime, and there's no avoiding that. Only wolves that are held in captivity may possibly never draw blood, but that's still unlikely.

• Posted at:

PLATINUM

He/Him

Ex-Programmer

78th Element, Pt.

Homethread: /344630

#RememberTheLost

"Never been a perfect soul, but I will not apologize."

how dare you say wolves are mean wolves only kill becuse they have to eat otherwise there would be too many big deer if you work with wolves they can be lovable. so just stop it 

• Posted at:

(Teal)

cats are born to live and fight and dragons are born to fly

i am born to write for that is who i am and i know that deep

down i am part dragon now and forever

why live if you can't dream

save the animals!

@hawkdragon No, people were talking about wolves in general, not captive wolfs. That’s like saying if I sit down with a demon and have tea it and it becomes good, all demons are good. I also wanted to say this a long time ago but didn’t want to get recked

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

[incert mark twain quote here]

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

They're dangerous, yes. But they don't go out of their way to be vicious. They're not crazy bloodthirsty murderers. They kill to eat and to protect themselves. If they attack another creature, they're either feeling threatened or feeling hungry. And you can't tell me you'd do anything different in that light. You'd protect yourself. You'd feed yourself. That's what they're doing. That's ALL they're doing.

I've been studying animals probably since before you were born, specifically mammals, with emphasis on cheetahs and wolves. I know wolves better than you. I recognize the danger in them. I also recognize the fact that they almost every wolf on Earth is timid.

• Posted at:

Sanetra

11562+ stars - Apr 2017 - Mar 2019

Life is the greatest gift. You've all helped shape mine. I can never thank you all enough. It's been so good

Amigos

eurekaDarkseaBearBlackberryVertigoLectorGulfyCaleoZodiakTS

...I'm with you to the end

whoa

Fixing the last sentance: It's supposed to say "I also recognize the fact that almost every wolf on Earth is timid."

I have no idea how that random "they" slipped in there

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Life is the greatest gift. You've all helped shape mine. I can never thank you all enough. It's been so good

Amigos

@senetra wolfs are also not cuddly animals that are innocent in every way either. Plus, if you were studying animals before I was born, you would have to be at least 25 years of age.

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

mods where's my post

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

I understand the way nature works. Of course they kill to feed themselves and their pack. All I'm saying is that they are not creatures that meet the description many people say. They are most definitely not "gentle," even in their situation.

• Posted at:

IMPERIAL  

worship the moon baby or else

The VEGITAL is hungry

#CelloSquad

School exists so inactive on weekdays

^ Second sentence is important ^

They CAN be gentle. It's in their nature, but the chance is rarely given to cultivate that gentleness.

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

Can we not start a flame war over how we or other people view an animal? Thanks. 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Triplet with Time and Tiger

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Technically, good times don't ever end. We'll always remember them.

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

I'm not starting a flame war. I'm explaining a truth.

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

Can I please just say that both points are valid?

Wolves are capable of creating bonds between themselves and under certain conditions, other animals. However, do any of these words apply here? Most of these statements are personification. No, I am not saying that animals do not have feelings or demoting their intelegence. But most of these comparisons fit us better than they do to animals.

But I do understand how "wolves are gentle, innocent, and lovable" can sound obnoxiously naive. (No offense to those who say it, though.) 

• Posted at:

Chipmonk

a queer was here

Well this might double-post but

That would make you 24, which I SERIOUSLY DOUBT.

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

WOW that was late

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

Are you 24?

Because I've started studying animals when I was 1.

I might not have been reading textbooks, but I was learning everything I could about them even at that young age.

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

WHY ARE MY POSTS COMING IN SO LATE

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

Woah Sanetra how old are you???

If the average forumer is from 10-16, and the ability to study predators, specifically wolves (presumably in a live, scientific, scholastic, professional setting) that would mean that you would either have acquired a job (Great Wolf Lodge, as an example), meaning you would at least be sixteen when you started studying them (and thus 26 years old at the least), or achieved a bachelor’s degree in a related field (takes, without being some prodigy genius, 22 years at minimum), which would allow you to be a Wolf Biologist, and now at least 32 years old

my math is terrible and my paragraph incomprehensible, but I’m also very confused

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Each of us bear our own cross

Come and talk to me;  341245 ]

[ | She/her | MN | Since 7/31/17 | ]

Now @ moonflying31   :D

Sanetra- Was your last post about being 24 directed towards me?

• Posted at:

Chipmonk

a queer was here

Yeah no way you were studying wolfs at one. Study definitions: look at closely in order to observe or read. or devote time and attention to acquiring knowledge on (an academic subject), especially by means of books. Now way you even knew what a wolf was at one. My one year old cousin just plays with baby toys and sucks on her thumb, not looking at wolfs and thinking oh that’s cool. Wolfs are only friendly to there own kind and when they are domesticated. Nobody will call them cute innocent creatures when you are being eaten alive by one.

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

Wolves are animals. They have no concept of gentleness, innocence, and love. They are only concerned about survival. We simply give them traits and project our own feelings on to them, as we do with just about anything the crosses our path. 

As said before, both viewpoints are valid. Neither side is going to be convinced of the other, so this whole thing is rather pointless. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

@Everyone: Wolves kill to survive, that's true. They can be gentle, and they're very protective mothers. But they're certainly not the peaceful, adorable, fluffy, angelic beings that people depict them as. So please, calm down, and stop arguing over pointless little views. Everyone is stubborn. Yes, I'm stubborn, the person you're arguing with is stubborn, but you're stubborn too. There's no point in trying to convince a stubborn person of a completely different perspective. There's no point in exaggerating things. Before you post, think this: Does it benefit you? Does it benefit others? Is it kind?

Thanks.

• Posted at:

grendel

(mostly inactive until the forums get moved to home base)

(plato was a great philosopher. he said that we should be kind to everyone, because everyone is fighting a difficult battle.)

As others have said before me, like all beings, wolves can be gentle, innocent, and lovable, though it is also fair to state that all these traits are opinionated and can be argued either way, as well as varying upon definition and point of view.

Please, no one be insulted by me saying this, but wolves have reason to why they slaughter other creatures. They hunt to survive. Meanwhile, us humans who are debating this have the capability of killing one another for no reason at all other than just to kill, even if that is only a small minority of the population. We also conflict over things that originally had no purpose in conflicting over other than just for personal gain. From my point of view, I find that "innocent" cannot really describe anyone or anything from its pure, original definition. And yes, that pun was intended, as bad as it was.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

hamilton

sir?

draft a statement of neutrality

• Posted at:

happeh  

people come into our lives for a reason

bringing something we must learn

we are led to those who help us most to grow

we help them in return

i don't know if i believe that's true

but i know i'm who i am today

because i knew you

From what I've seen on this thread you all seem to be arguing against eachother for the same thing.

• Posted at:

Call me "Hawk"

I'm am not Hawk soom wood sai I'm am da Raverze! +I'm Indigo Pizza!!!+

"Letting go is like getting a massage. You'll feel pain, but once you accept that pain, there will be calm." - Hawk. Me.

Wow my post came in,,, really late @Sanetra I feel your pain (regarding late posts)

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

I'm bookmarking before this thread gets locked.

• Posted at:

~LenienLavender~

~EST 10/10/2015-3/29/2019~

“Goodbyes are not forever,

are not the end;

it simply means I'll miss you

until we meet again.”

Apparently there was some confusion about my age which I'm gonna clear up here (@Moonflight specifically XD) starting with: I'm 16.

I didn't mean studying wolves up close and in person, although I've done all the studying I can at the zoo, and I would ADORE being able to have personal experiences with wolves and am looking into wolf havens in Washington in the hopes of being able to interact with them. I've read books about animal behavior by people who study animals in person and even live with them, like Jean Craighead George. I own one Big Book of Animals, one Big Book of Mammals, and one smaller book about the stages of a wolf growing up. I read the information on wolves in all of these books fairly often. I've always had a deep love of animals, and I was visually studying them when I was a baby. I've learned everything I can about their behavior from the resources at my immediate disposal. I look for opportunities to learn more. I've watched documentaries on wolves. I've done everything I can that doesn't involve living with them that I can to learn about their behavior.

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

Also Scorch:

I did know what a wolf was at one. I loved the zoo, and I remember being entranced by the wolves. I remember drinking in everything I could about the way they looked and moved. And I'm offended that you said I didn't, when I very clearly remember that I did, because you don't know me. You don't have the right to say what I did and didn't do or think, because you haven't the faintest idea who or what I am.

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

This is actually a pretty interesting discussion topic.

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPQUAKE

oceans rise, empires fall

we have seen each other through it all

for even if i‘m far away i hold you in my heart

no matter where you go

you’ll never be alone

toffee’s still a walnut

I'm going down with this ship

SLAMS DOWN FLAG

FLAG SAYS "inb4 lock -wild" ON IT

• Posted at:

wild/spades

joined july 2nd, 2016

approximate star count: 5400

don't let the memories of this place die

Ugh, this is getting hot enough to throw me into the fire...

Personally, I think that wolves can have the potential to be friendly to humans, but only under extreme circumstances. They kill to survive, that is true, but that doesn’t make them vicious toward all living things. They kill because they have to. But I more-or-less agree with Imperial. They’re not innocent, and they’re not gentle either—to humans and their prey, anyway. Mother wolves are very gentle with their pups. However, they are lovable for what they are.

That’s my point. I’m not saying anything else.

• Posted at:

~{Alphawolf/K-9}~

~The Forum Doggo

~ Alpha of the OFWP

~ Dino-nerd

~ The Alpha Spartan

~ CT-43782  

#WeAreODST  

Thought Id try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little. -John-117  

I am a lone wolf.

Wolves may be feirce, but they are not hungry for battle

• Posted at:

Amathys

She/Her

Shapeshifter

The anime warrior/mage

Pokemon

Warrior cats! 

Cainines VS. Felines 

If there ever was an Icewing,Seawing,Rainwing,Nightwing hybrid, that would be me

Anybody care about Undertale, FNAF, or Roblox?

@Sanetra - ah, that makes sense, sorry if I jumped to any conclusions (don’t think I did, but this thread is heated enough anyways and I just love apologizing),,,

//I’m just going to gracefully exit this thread without expositing any of my personal opinions on this topic because I can’t really say anything that hasn’t been already said//

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

*slow clap* wow I really am impressed

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

Totally agree

• Posted at:

SHADOWFROST

nightwing icewing mix

she person

oof master

"oof a lot and you will succeed! "

#robloxsurvivor

#oof

I’m sorry that you are offended but I may not understand why

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

To clarify I was slow clapping at the speeds posts come in

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

@Everyone

You're both right, but did you know that River Otters, House Cats, and Orcas kill for fun, plus no matter what animal we're talking their are humans walking among all of us right now that are 1000 times worse.

• Posted at:

Terminus

(Formerly Nephrite)

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

@Scorch In other words, that’s about one clap per year.

• Posted at:

~{Alphawolf/K-9}~

~The Forum Doggo

~ Alpha of the OFWP

~ Dino-nerd

~ The Alpha Spartan

~ CT-43782  

#WeAreODST  

Thought Id try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little. -John-117  

I am a lone wolf.

1 ,