that's the point of a forum; people make a public thread and other people discuss stuff on the thread

so uh

y'all might want to be careful about what you post in "private" threads bc there could always be stalkers

if it's really personal y'all might want to take it to a different website

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

jan. 2016—march 2019

star count: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

who has the time to hesitate?

This reminder should go for all threads, not just chat threads. What you say on here is more or less on permanent record, and even just saying a little bit of personally identifiable information here and there adds up. You should avoid calling people by name, even if they aren't family or don't go on the forums. This keeps you safe, and also keeps them safe as well and protects their privacy.  

There's only so much us internet peoples can do. If you're really struggling with something, be it mental, physical, or emotional, there is not better substitute than talking to someone you trust face to face. It's perfectly okay to vent and talk to your online friends here, but all we can really do is provide digital support and advice, and sometimes that's just not enough. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

Up

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

Well, yes, but people put "Private" in the title so that the honest people in this world don't look at it.

• Posted at:

Wizard

➢Him/He

➢Christian

➢Saxophone

♦Homeschooled

♦Forum sisters~ Fantasy, Glamour, Key

♦Forum brothers~Paradox, Seaquake 

♦Triplets~Fallon and Pluto

☾Co-creator of LLaK: /348431☽

Meep the Yeep with Repicheep!~Me

I do completely agree with this, but still Wizard is also correct, this thread is not an excuse to crash or stalk someone's private threads.

• Posted at:

Call me "Hawk"

I'm am not Hawk soom wood sai I'm am da Raverze! +I'm Indigo Pizza!!!+

"Letting go is like getting a massage. You'll feel pain, but once you accept that pain, there will be calm." - Hawk. Me.

Yes, but you should still keep in mind that that doesn’t stop anyone from looking at it. Yes, people should respect privacy, but people need to understand that things said in private threads aren’t 100% private. Just look at any chat thread. More often than not, there’s always more stars than summoned participants. 

I agree with you, people shouldn’t crash unless absolutely necessary and it is a rude thing to do, but once again the forums are not private, nor should anyone expect them to be. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

Well, people that are on this site should come knowing that this site is public.

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

This is my Forumfic sign-up thread: /339280, If you want to read it, here: /340457

Triplets with Rune and Tiger

I'm thinking of putting something here for the end of the fourms but idk yet.

Icy Spicy!

Okay, I don't want to start an argument but... 

I never said that threads with "private" in the title are automatically completely private. I was saying that people do that so not as many people look at it. It also normally keeps people from crashing and filling up the thread with unwanted posts. Because I hope most people on this website are honest people, I normally put "private" in the title of my chat threads just so they don't crash. Normally I don't care about stalkers.

• Posted at:

Wizard

➢Him/He

➢Christian

➢Saxophone

♦Homeschooled

@Wizard. "Honest people?" Look, we're online. We don't know who any forumer is irl, away from the screen. For all you know, we could all be lying to your face right now.

And that's exactly the problem with private threads. It's just two people talking to one another in great length about randomness- fandoms, friends, offensive views, or their actual lives. The filter can't catch everything, and a lot of the times, the two people talking to one another won't either. After all, they most likely will already be biased because they think of each other as friends.

Look, you can't stop people from lying, or believing what they believe. And it takes a great deal of effort to be able to change them, as well. So for now, the best thing to do is to be aware that on the internet, a person can be anyone they want to be. We have to stay safe. 

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Deviantart is LivVirtual

I mean, I get it when people say they want private threads, but most of the time, there is no real reason for other people not to look at the thread. It's unrealistic to expect no one else to look at it, anyway. 

Besides, there are certain private threads where people only ask other people not to stalk because they end up saying things they don't want other people to know. I stalked a thread where another forumer blatantly lied about another forumer, and I suppose they thought no one else would notice because it was a "private thread". 

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~ 

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

est. jan 2016

Who are we to wonder where we're going?  

Who am I to tell me who I am?

Let's take it back, and take in every moment

Who am I, to tell me who I am?

As I said, I know that they aren't completely private. The only reason I ever have put Private in my title of chat threads is to keep people from crashing.

• Posted at:

Wizard

➢Him/He

➢Christian

➢Saxophone

♦Homeschooled

OMG Hiraeth! I'm sorry! I knew it wouldn't be private! Okay? Can you please just drop it? 

• Posted at:

Pluto

"What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?"

-<Proud Christian>-

-<IRL Twins w/ Nacho!>-

-<Triplets w/ Fallon and Wizard>-

-<She/her/Disaster>-

ForumFam: Singly, Twilight, Imagine, Lilac, Zane

hey pluto! no one was specifically calling you out! also you aren't the only one that does this!

so if you really think this was only about you, maybe you should reevaluate what you're doin'

• Posted at:

V E L L I C H O R

he/xe/they  

colourblind~system~anxious  

~fire dances in the moonlight~  

but what does the science say?

"It's been 3 hours

and we still don't know who's fronting"

being redesigned

Can we all calm down? There are pros and cons to private threads. So are for planning surprised for Rp/Stories, or for forumers And those who want to plan have no other means to communicate somewhere else.

and the cons are somw private threads cam get out of hand and ofc people are gonna still stalk because "OwO, What have we here?" Always gets the best of "I'm not gonna look." 

Private have never been a problem until recently, So I'm pretty darn sure we can dismiss this subject and get on with our lives. It's really nothing to get mad about.

• Posted at:

『Mockingjay

[Joined June 6th 2017]  

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ [She/Her] ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

That's a Crazy Idea.

Insane.

It doesn't make sense.

"You'll do it?"

"Of course,"

I replied.

[Star|count:5759]

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Mockingjay is right. Let's not get too heated in this. We all know that the threads here are public, and you can't stop someone from looking.

I'm sure the people who post the private threads know that it's not private, unless they don't realize that you can't "private" a thread.

This thread wasn't supposed to be towards or against anyone, so Pluto please keep that in mind (I'm not trying to offend you). It was for everyone to read. 

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

November 23, 2016 March 29, 2019

2025 stars.

"don't cry because it's over. smile because it happened."

No words can describe how much I loved the WoFMB.

And no words will describe how sad it is to leave.

can i say i love you all?

I have only summoned a few people, and they didn’t really respond. But I know that I probably wouldn’t like it if I knew someone was blateny reading something that I had obviously labeled, in all caps, PRIVATE!!! Not trying to be all, whatever, but the constitution clearly states, freedom to privacy in our homes, and freedom of speech and of the press.

• Posted at:

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

Emma

-History Nerd 

-Christian

-theater lover

-Dog person

-homeschooled

“The more you know about the Past

The better prepared you are for the future 

-Theodore Roosevelt 

@Emma: Yes, you absolutely have those rights, but you said it yourself, 'right to privacy in our homes.' This the internet, which already makes it tough to keep things between a few people, and to add to that, this is a PUBLIC website. Even people without accounts can see what's posted on here! Unless the mods make a PM system (I don't think they will), nothing is private.

• Posted at:

~LenienLavender~

~EST 10/10/2015-3/29/2019~

“Goodbyes are not forever,

are not the end;

it simply means I'll miss you

until we meet again.”