Prologue

Combahee River, South Carolina

Part One

Red eyes were glowing in the water, alligators; that's how you find them. The hunter drew his recurve, "I'll tell ya Jim, that's the biggest gator I've seen!" The second huntsman nodded at his friend.

"Must be twelve feet!" He replied in a soft tone. The reptile tensed, not knowing what the bow was or what the human was going to do. Before an arrow could cut through the sky, the boat was overturned by a powerful force, known only by large, luminous, glowing red eyes. The hunters were thrown into the water, desperately searching for their attacker.

Hissssssssssssssssssss, a voice more serpentine than crocodilian echoed. The second trapper searched for the voice's owner, "What was that, Jefferson, a gator?!" The second hunter yelled, paddling frantically. Both looked down into the water, seeing something massive within. 

"If I knew, I would tell ya!" The first screamed, splashing in a distressed manner.

".....Geeeeeeeeeet..... Ouuuuuuuttt....." A soft, yet monstrous voice snarled. The first hunter attempted to draw his bow while treading water.

"Show yourself," his voice wavered, "I'll come back and hunt yeh, you monster!" This was the wrong thing to say. With a fierce splash, a dinosaurian head burst through the water, inches away from the two hunters. Flaring a cobralike hood, it was covered in spines, with four arched horns behind its head. The hunters shrieked at the demon, which had a fanged smirk, as if it was enjoying the suffering of the trappers. As rapidly as they fell into the water, the humans swam away, desperate to get away from the beast. Upon touching shore, they scrambled up, quickly bolting away. The starry night sky was filled with the screams of a savage freshwater leviathan...

Part Two

Sometime after the two trappers left, the so-called savage leviathan turned around to check if the alligator was harmed. The creature inspected the water for blood, cocking its spiked head back and forth, before hissing out some surprising words, "I'm sorry, George Chattersnout, I didn't expect those barbarians to threaten you.." George Chattersnout bellowed at the monster, which lowered its head, who cawed an indignant response, "I know what you're thinking George, 'Snally's being paranoid again,’ I'm not being paranoid!" The Snallygaster objected. The alligator hissed back, refuting his friend's response. "Fine, you're right," the serpent burred softly. In the crocodilian equivalent of teasing, the alligator splashed the dragon playfully, but he didn't pay attention. Something was written on the hunter's boat. Snally slithered in the water, examining the upside-down vessel. Jim and Jefferson's watercraft was old and tattered from the Snally's attack, but three words were still legible, Morir de amor. The fins on the dragon's head flattened, understanding what the words meant. George Chattersnout made a high-pitched chirping yelp, concerned for the Snallygaster, who cocked his head at the alligator, scarlet eyes glassy, and hissed softly, "Reminds me of how I got here... way back when I was a drakelet." With those words, the serpent drifted into memories, in a different world, a different time...

(AAAAH, LILAC, SORREL, LAVENDER, AND NIGHTENGALE, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME! The next chapter shall come soon...)

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Requiem/Legacy

"Teach me how to say goodbye"

"Rise up! Rise up! Rise up! Eliza!"

"My love, take your time"

"I'll see you on the other side"

"Raise a glass to freedom"

2014-2019

@Legacy:Alright!

• Posted at:

Lavender/Iria

ASLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,you'd make a great teacher.

My gang:Strawberry Shortcake, Plum Pudding, Lemon Meringue, Blueberry Muffin, Raspberry Torte, Ginger Snap

The world changes,nature shrivels but also blooms,yet we stay strong.

Chapter One

Sunfall

Winyah Bay, South Carolina

"Give it back!" A sharp caw cut through the air. A small drakelet was hissing, hood flared, at her brother, who was biting on a stick. Her tail thrashed when he didn't hear her, "Hrym! You are biting my stick!" The brother yelped and look up, his finned ears flatted.

"I'm sorry Ambrosia! I thought this was my toy, you know, the one with the slight in-dent-ta-tion at the tip? Your stick looks very simil-"

"Will you two just be qui-et!" A third drakelet cut in, his red eyes glittering as the sun fell, "All I want is to play with my stick!" The other two snorted at the angry drakelet. "I heard that!" The irritated brother hissed. The three started yelling at one another about branches, but a third, stronger voice cut it.

"Ambrosia, Hrymnescant, Snallygaster," A larger female dragon strutted in, licking blood off her beak, "Stop fighting, I caught breakfast. Don't keep your father waiting." Ambrosia and Hrym ducked their heads, "Yes, Mama,” before they ran off to eat. Snallygaster, however, objected, his hood flared up. 

"They will not let me play with my stick Mama!"

Mama gently hissed in a firm manner, "They are not preventing you from having fun, Snally, you are preventing yourself." The angry drakelet glared for a moment, before finally calming down. He cawed, "Okay, Mama.." before racing off to meet his siblings.

◊◊◊

"Papa, I'm hungry," Ambrosia chirped at her bright scaled father, who looked up from his half of White-Tailed Deer, the natural toothy smirk their species shared emphasized on his face.

"Hello Hungry, I'm Papa!"  He hissed gleefully back, Mama looked up from her meal, her ears flatted in a mix of annoyance and hidden delight, "Tycho, give Ambrosia a leg, then you can mess with her.." Papa's ears flared up in a happy manner before giving his daughter some food, Mama rolled her scarred fins.

"You know you like it when I joke, Doxia." Papa cooed, before looking at Snally, who was staring at the sunset with unfocused eyes. "Hey, Snally, what-are-ya staring at?" The older dragon hissed curiously. The smaller drakelet looked up, realizing his father was talking to him.

"Oh! I was looking at the sunset Papa," Snally's ears flattened, "I'm sad we're going to leave home." Both parents exchanged glances, concerned, Ambrosia skidded over, trying to preen blood off her talons.

"Don't be sad, Snally. Aren't we leaving to find a larger home? We already have five neighboring dragons, that's crowded, especially with that pretty bachelor trying to challenge Mama and Papa for territory." Hrym giggled a bit, limping his way over, a nervous-but-smug air to him.

"You like him, don't you? That leu-cist-ic lad with the odd blue eyes? Ambrosia likes a boooy, Ambrosia likes a b- Yeeep!" Hrym called out with Ambrosia used her tail to trip him up. He popped his head up, growling, "No fair! You know I only have three legs!" As the siblings argued, Snally was preoccupied, trying to think about whether or not he should do his first hunt. He was nine, after all. But, before he could rebuttal himself, Mama interrupted all three of the siblings, stretching her unusual dull black wings.

"We're leaving at sunrise, tomorrow. I don't want any chances interacting with humans." There was silence for a minute, before Hrym chirred worried a reply.

"But, Mama, don't we have to fall asleep at sunrise?" He fidgeted with a broken antler.

"We're flying when the sun's high, I know it is risky, but we need time to regain stamina." She burred calmly, "After all, we are not stamina flyers.. now, finish up your breakfast."  Snally cocked his head down, snapping up his last chunk of venison. He normally wasn't nervous, unlike Hrym, but, deep inside his chest, he knew that something bad was going to happen if they left home.

Author's Notes: There's a bit of language differences with the dragons, especially when it comes to words, so here's a little dictionary. Also, dad jokes do exist with serpents.

Bachelor: Gender-neutral term, it means a young dragon looking for their first territory.

Drakelet: A dragon older than a hatchling, but younger than a bachelor. Dragon equivalent of a child/teen.

More coming soon..

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

2014-2019

Great job!

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

Fam: Everyone

BotW: 345247

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Don'thinof thiagoodbyethinof iaa "seyolater."

To die of love is what was written on the boat, I wonder what it means...

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

The end is not merely the end, but a chance for new beginnings

i made that up on the spot wow it sounds good

up

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

@Imagine

Ding ding ding! It actually has two meanings, and I hope you'll figure them out, *Wink!*

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

2014-2019

*kinda knows what both of the meanings ate, but doesn't want to spoil*

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

Fam: Everyone

BotW: 345247

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Don'thinof thiagoodbyethinof iaa "seyolater."

it also means "the death of love"

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

*Wink*

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

2014-2019

@Everyone

Before the next chapter comes out, we're going to have a Questions and Answers with the characters. So... stay tuned!

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

2014-2019

Daybreak

The dragon family wasn't ecstatic about staying awake at dawn, but there was much flying to be done. Doxia had heard of territory south of the human territory of "Charles Town" that hadn't been dueled over by aspiring bachelors.  "Exactly why do we have to leave?" Snally chirped, sounding more like Hrym than himself, "I mean, we have food, and we have nice territory mates." 
"As I said before, it is due to how many times we have to duel over a useless territory." Doxia roared soflty, a new scar on her jaw from the pale bachelor with blue eyes. Snally looked down, irritated he couldn't talk his family out of leaving, hus mother was a stubborn as him. Tycho sensed the tension and bumped his son with his snout, trying to make him feel better. 

"Don't worry, Snally! Once we get there, you can hunt without fear of the humans!" His father called, it didn't make the young drakelet feel any better. Ambrosia trotted up to her brother and father, yawning.

"Can we just fly off please? Otherwise, we are go-ing to fall asleep." Tycho nodded, allowing his daughter to climb onto his spines, trying to make sure she didn't awaken Hrym, who was sleeping on his back.

"Snally, you climbing up?" Doxia and Tycho asked at once. Snally looked at them, red eyes avoiding his parents' gaze. 

"I'm going to fly on my own, thanks." He replied curtly. Ambrosia looked at him, from her father's back, a bit of concern evident in her body.

"Okay," Doxia burred, saddened about her son's depression. She paused a bit, taking one last look at the daybreak across her former territory, "It's time we go now." These were the last words the serpent said before taking off with her family into the orange toned sky.

◊◊◊

Hrym wasn't happy waking up to Ambrosia poking his snout, especially when they were soaring off the ground. He was also shocked to see his brother gasping for breath, flapping his wings wildly. "WHAT! Ambrosia, why are you poking my snout? Snally, why are you flying? And where are we?" The drakelet chirped, worrying about if his brother would fall out of the sky. 

"Stop.... talking... so... much.... Hrym..." Snally panted, trying to prevent the winds from shoving him around. Tycho slowed down, making sure his son could keep up with him. Ambrosia stared with anxiety at her determined brother for a second, before looking at her mother.

"Mama, are we going to eat soon? Could you also answer Hrym's question?" She hissed, changing her gaze back to Snally. 

"Not right, now, Ambrosia. As to Hrym's question, we're slightly south of Splitfang Island." Doxia looked back at her mate and children for a moment, lingering on the wheezing Snally. "We'll rest in a moment." As Hrym looked at his mother, he could tell she was starting to become tired. 

"No.... I.... can.... still..... fly....." Snally called out, he was breathing heavily. 

"Snallygaster, you look like you're going to be blown away." Doxia countered. The flying drakelet attempted to object, but he took another gasp before nodding slightly in agreement. He felt strange, not just because he was tired and it's after sunhigh, but the fact he was flying in the day. As Tycho yawned, Snally noticed he too, was breathing heavily. Hrym was also aware of that fact, "Mama, aren't we getting close to the human territory? Wouldn't it be better if we hide on the ground? At least until next daybreak?" The drakelets' mother paused for a moment, not wanting to give in. Finally, her fins relaxed.

"Alright, we're running until night." Doxia warbled, before diving towards the ground. Snally wheezed as he watched his mother return to the Earth, before he fell in a poorly controlled plummet. When he landed with a thud, a deep instinct whispered to him something strange, another serpent was here with them. 

Author's Notes: Splitfang Island is actually Cape Island, Hrym woke up at sunset, and the family is really tired due to being ambush flyers instead of distance flyers. My apologies about quality of this chapter, the next few are more in-depth, and explain things about Snally and why he's at the Combahee River.

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

2014-2019

Ooh, I like it!

Isn't "the death of love" "la muerte del amor" in Spanish? Or maybe I'm wrong and the inscription is in Latin or Portuguese or something; I'm not an expert in languages ^_^

• Posted at:

grendel

(mostly inactive until the forums get moved to home base)

(plato was a great philosopher. he said that we should be kind to everyone, because everyone is fighting a difficult battle.)

@Grendel

*WINK*

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

2014-2019

Chapter Three

Sunhigh

It wasn't a surprise, only a minute after he landed from his first flight, Snally fell asleep. It was a surprise, however, that he slept until sunhigh, where he discovered the rest of his family sleeping in the marshy grass. "Are you awake?" He hissed softly, affectionately poking Ambrosia with his tail-tip, she didn't wake up, "Fine. I'll go on my own." With that small growl of annoyance, Snally bolted off into the grass, searching for anything that would excite him.

He wouldn't have to wander far before he found a new section of the marsh, perfect for a first hunt. It was under a sunhigh sky, with long, golden grass intermittent in short salty water. Crabs, turtles, and fish bolted under the liquid surface. It was a perfect place to hunt. Snally crouched a bit, wondering exactly how he was supposed to hunt. He had all the instincts telling him what to do, but no idea about acting upon them. Snally flicked out his tongue, smelling somewhat below him in the marsh, he dived into the water, flailing until he triumphantly popped out with a minute crab in his jaws. The crab refused to admit defeat, and clamped their claws onto the drakelet's tongue, which resulted in Snally yelping and letting go. After that stroke of luck, he had no more success on his first hunt. After more and more failed attempts, the sun had fallen from its high throne, "Scree! Why can't this be easier?!" Snally snarled, his muscular tail causing splashes.

"If you keep screeching, they'll keep swimming away" A calm voice cooed back. Snally jumped.

"Who are you?!" The drakelet shrieked, flaring his hood, uncertain about where this other dragon's voice was coming from. 

"My Mama and Papa used to live here, until they died during the Epidemic. My brother's a bachelor.. you might have seen him if ya lair is up north."A pure white serpent seemed to appear out of nowhere, despite his unusual white color. Snally yelped at his pretty blue eyes and cloud-like scales, the older drakelet didn't seem to mind. 

"You're pale!" Snally cawed with shock and excitement, examining the snowy dragon's sparkling scales.

"Yeah, my brother and I won the gene lottery." He chirped soflty, looking into Snally's red eyes, before changing the subject to what he wanted to say, "I saw you hunting, you need to stop screeching at every moment. Otherwise everything's gonna hear you, and you're going to go hungry." Snally's ears flattened.

"That seems wrong, shouldn't you be yelling." he refuted the white drakelet, who's spines flared up as a response.

"I can tell this is your first hunt, no self-respecting serpent would hunt like that." Prettysnowscales replied in a firm manner, "I'm older, I learned this the hard way. You don't have to." 

"You sound like my Mama," Snally growled, taking note of the way the other drakelet held himself. He had to relent, Prettysnowscales just reminded the stubborn drakelet too much of Doxia.

"....Fiiiiiiiine..." Snally groaned, sitting down in the shallowest part of the marsh, "Show me how to do it." The white drakelet's fins perked up, smug about his victory.

"The first thing you should do, is get as deep as you can go into the water," Prettysnowscales clicked, flap-gliding into the deepest part of the marsh, his head, wings, and spine being the only visible part of his floating body. "Now, you just wait until you sense something above you, or below you." Suddenly, the drakelet dived, creating some small waves, until he returned to the surface with a plumb crab in his jaws. "Nwmph," he mumbled, before spitting out his prey, "You try."

Snally dove into the water, joining the white drakelet, staring directly into his stunning blue eyes. Flicking out his tongue, he could smell something in the water below him. He dived, swimming deeper, until he noticed a small crab crawling along the bottom of the marsh bed. Snally grabbed it into his jaws, before bursting out of the surface, flaring his hood while treading water, "I CAUGHT IT! I mean, um..." Snally nervously ducked his head, before swallowing his prey in one gulp. Prettysnowscales chortled.

"Haha!" He also ducked his head, before looking at Snally's scarlet eyes, "There you go! Your first hunt has become a success!" Snally ears perked up, he was oddly relaxed whenever he looked into the white drakelet's ravishing eyes.

"Thank you," Snally chirped, pausing for a moment, "By the way, what's your name?"

"My name?" The drakelet tilted his head with interest, "My name is Exspirivat, but my brother calls me Ex." Snally grinned at his newfound friend. "What is yours?" Ex replied back.

"Oh, my name is Snallygaster, but my family calls me Snally." The black drakelet clicked, trying to appear as refined as possible.

"Huh, like the human name for our species? I like that." Ex cawed, his sapphire eyes glittering in the now sundown light.

"Er, would you like to meet my family?" Snally questioned, trying once again to sound like a polite, experienced gentlemen. Ex chortled, splashing the black drakelet with his tail.

"Absolutely! You get bored after not seeing your brother for a year." Ex burst out of the water, taking off in capable wingbeats. As he flew away, the black drakelet took off in his inexperienced manner. While awkwardly flying, Snally couldn't help but think about how pretty Ex's eyes were, and the beautiful way the falling sun's light reflected off his snow white scales.

Author's Notes: Aaah, this took so long. But I think Snally's starting to notice how pretty guys can be *WINK*. This is the beginning of some deep edge, so abandon all hope ye who enter.

Dragon Dictionary!

Sunhigh: Noon

Sunfall: Sunset

The Epidemic: Some European Dragon's managed to fly away to other continents in order to escape the Middle Ages, but brought their diseases.. that resulted in European dragons trading diseases with native dragons, resulting in a less malignant (the European dragons didn't want to colonize or do any bad stuff, they were just scared for their lives) epidemic that ended eleven years before Chapter One, with both European Dragons dying of Non-European diseases, and the other way around for dragons such as the North American Snallygasters.. a ton of serpents lost their lives this way.

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

2014-2019

Oh my goodness I love this SO MUCH. *intense screeching in joy* Can I fill out a form, or something?

• Posted at:

i am the

phøe|ñįx.

•She/Her.

•FanWing4Ever.

•Forum Brothers- Domino, Zane, Cobra.

•Forum Sisters- Kaleidoscope, Kitsune, Jacquelyn.

•Forum Twin- M.N.

•Member of the “Forums Need to Stay” Campaign.

@Phoenix!

Sure! I need some humans and a few other dragons, I'll make a thread for it!

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

2014-2019

Chapter Four 

Sunset

Snally didn't expect Hrym to be so... animated, when Ex showed up. He especially didn't expect the words his brother would say, when he woke up to a snowy-scaled Snallygaster cruoroculi poking his snout.

"Sssss..." Hrym groaned, his ruby colored eyes slowly opening. When he looked up, the closest wording for his thoughts was that he was seeing an undead dragon, "Ssss.... whuut...? Huh.. GHOST!" Hrym leaped up, Ex jumped backwards, causing a catastrophic chain of events that ended in Tycho, Doxia, and Ambrosia also waking up.

"Hrym! Why are you screeching?!" Doxia roared softly, which turned into Tycho bolting upwards.

"Hrym, did you just say GHOST?!" Tycho questioned, not remembering Ambrosia was curled next to his chest, which resulted in Ambrosia being shoved, and waking up.

"Hrym! Why are you screeching and saying GHOST?!" Ambrosia muttered, irritated that she had to wake up in that manner. All three of them yelped when they saw Ex, although they could confirm by the fact he was solid, that he was not a ghost. "Who are you?!" Ambrosia chirped, her green eyes wide like the moon. Ex seemed entranced by her orbs.

"My name is Exspirivat, but you can call me Ex." The snowy drakelet cooly replied, his body calm. "You know, you have marvelous emerald eyes." Snally's ears flattened a bit, angry that his newfound friend was paying attention to his sister, and not him.

"Mama, Papa, Hrym, Ambrosia.. this is Ex. He's my friend." Ex twittered a bit, liking Snally's pride. Ambrosia, however, seemed annoyed by her brother's hostility. Tycho was also irked, as he noticed how Ex was acting too friendly to his daughter. Doxia was rather apathetic over Ex's odd scale color. Hrym, however, was the one who broke the tension, although not in the way the serpent's expected.

"Why are your scales white? Is it genetic? If it is genetic, if you had chicks with Ambrosia, would they be white? If they were white, would Ambrosia be secretly white? If not, would you be super secretly naturally colored? If so, wo- Yeep!" Hrym yelped when Snally had the audacity to tail-smack him. Doxia growled when her son did that. Ex, however, snickered in his smooth way.
"It's alright, Snally. It's not like I'm going to bite." He turned his head to Hrym, who's talons twitched with excitement, "As to your questions. Yes, it is genetic. Maybe, if she has the right genes. No, Ambrosia wouldn't be secretly white. If not, no, I would still be pale." The three-limbed drakelet grinned, satisfied over Ex's answers. Before he could spill out anymore questions, Tycho trotted over, trying (and failing) to appear dominant.

"So, you have snowy-scales. That is interesting and all, but it doesn't explain who you are." He growled in a ridiculously deep voice. Doxia was trying not to guffaw over her mate's bad acting. 

"I'm a drakelet who just met a friend. That is all... sir." Ex muttered without breath, he was also trying not to start snickering out of Tycho's over-the-top deep voice. Tycho flared his hood and puffed out his chest, causing Doxia to start gasping for breath.

"Alright then, if so, then why are you holding your breath?" He growled once again. However, before Ex could reply, Doxia burst out chortling, to the point of where she had to lie down.

"Tycho... gaha! Stop... gwahaa... please!" She rasped out. All four of the drakelets couldn't hold it in, and also started twittering.

"Papa, please don't do that." Snally choked out, eyes being forced shut by the power of his hissing. Tycho finally realized that it wasn't working, and stopped puffing out his chest, looking normal again. When he finally regained control of his body, Snally gently put his wing on Ex's, whose spines relaxed. "Don't worry, they already like you." Once again, his blood-red eyes met the sky-blue ones, and something lit up inside Snally's chest. Although, he didn't notice that something also glowed inside Ambrosia's jade-colored orbs.

For breakfast, Doxia caught a deer. It wasn't the most fulfilling meal, but it would help them for the flight south. As a slight gift, Snally let Ex have his pick. After all, he would have to listen to Hrym and Ambrosia's questions until they finished eating. 

"So the same bachelor that Mama clawed up, is your brother?" Hrym tilted his head, Ex looked up with his pretty blue eyes.

"Yes, his name is Levitas" He replied. Ambrosia twitched a bit at that name, and attempted to speed up finishing her spleen.

"Ambrosia used to have a crush on him. I know, because she tripped me when I mentioned it!" Ex twitched and twittered a bit, especially after Hrym's sister proceeded to trip him once more.

"Hrym! Why do you have to bring it up every single time?" She screeched with irritation. Snally vacantly nodded, noting how she had a point. He couldn't focus about what Hrym said afterwards, as he was wondering what would happen if Ex followed them south. Would Ex grow up with him? Would they hunt together? Would they awkwardly learn to fly together? Would they be more like friends, or closer? Would Ex allow Snally to give him gifts? Would they learn how to court together? Would Ex not mind when Snally folds his wings over him? Would Ex allow him to nuzzle him? Would Ex lo-,

"Snally, Snally, hello?" Ambrosia called, her brother flinched, shocked into reality. She was poking his left wing, the one around Ex, with her tail tip.

"WHAT? What?" He yelped, the three other drakelets jumped a bit from his confusion. Snally could feel his wing slide off Ex when he flinched. A slight pang of sadness hit him when that happened, although he didn't know why. Ambrosia's tail tip twitched, although Snally felt more irked than calm when he watched it fidget. 

"I wanted to ask a question to you and Ex," she chirped, her ears flat with concern, "But I think it's best if you don't spook." Snally's fins also flattened, but in frustration. Ambrosia still had that glow in her eyes.. and Ex's eyes were glowing at hers.

"Oh so, you won't talk to me if I just twitch?" He growled, every moment of Ambrosia looking at him seemed to hurt. Ambrosia's spines flicked at the response, an obvious sign of fear or rage underneath her collected exterior. "Why don't you go back to asking questions to Ex with Hrym? I knew you wanted to."

"Snally, what the heck. I wasn't-," she suddenly changed emotion, flaring her hood, "You know what? You're an impulsive, angry little maniac. All I wanted was to ask a question, and then you start hissing at me." Hrym stopped eating, and looked up. The annoyance her sister had with her brother had boiled over to rage. Ex awkwardly shifted, not knowing who to side with.

"I'm not the one who's eyes are glowing when she sees a snowscaled drakelet." Ex and Doxia both stood up at once, hoods and fins flared in infuriation.

"Snallygaster, end this now. You are acting like a hatchling!" Doxia snarled, trying to exert her dominance. The white drakelet was also growling a bit, his pale tail thrashing.

"Snally, what the heck? Calm down." The black drakelet's spines dropped. His talons shifted a bit with the grass and dirt. Doxia and Ambrosia glared at him, while Tycho and Hrym nervously attempted to finish his piece of deer. Snally paused a bit, hissing softly.

"You know what? I'm going for a hunt." He murmured, turning to run off. To run away from his family.. no one objected.  His father was desperately trying to avoid the situation, along with Hrym. His sister and friend were angry, their tails thrashing. Lastly, his mother was staring at him, frustrated about his constant questioning and arguing. Why would anyone disagree anyways, he had hunted before, there would be no fear for him. With that, Snally darted into the darkness.

The sun died, and the sky turned purple as it turned into day. Snally stalked in the marsh water, waiting for a crab to hunt. Diving into the liquid, he could flick out his tongue and scent out the decapod. A crunch when he snapped his jaws shut confirmed his suspicions. Swimming up, he burst out of the water, dealing a anger-filled fatal bite to his prey, before swallowing it up. He still felt upset about how nobody understood, yet hunting didn't feel any better. He was starting to feel full from each crustacean he caught. Some part of Snally wanted to go back and apologize, but at the same time, another part didn't. This internal debate continued with every dive, and every crab captured. "I should go back.." he muttered, flicking his muscular tail, "Nah... I shouldn't." The seesaw of his mind wouldn't stop. Another crab slain, then another, until he couldn't hunt and eat any more. By that time, the sky had turned completely dark, and the sun was nowhere to be seen. With the sun, his anger followed, and Snally could feel some of his rage cool off. "... fine, I'll go back." He took off into the sky. As he awkwardly beat his wings in the midnight blue sky, Snally could scent Ambrosia. He was happy to know she was around. As he dove down, he could also smell Ex. Landing with a silent thud, he started to stalk them, for a prank of course, when he heard something.

"Hey, er, I'm sorry about snapping. About Snally." Ambrosia's voice called, Snally creeped closer.

"Nah, it's alright... sometimes we snap." Ex's replied cooly. The black drakelet could hear his sister snicker a bit.

"I snap at him all the time. He always gets my temper to boil over." Snally got close enough to see them in the underbrush. Ex was sitting right next to his sister in the new moonlight, both looking at one another. Their eyes had a slight glow when they looked at one another. 

"I understand why," he chirped. Ambrosia's spikes flicked in happiness. Snally could feel his own spines flatten. "He can be a bit... stubborn at times."

"I'm also stubborn, so don't go decrying it!" Ex snickered a bit at her quip. 

"I won't," he playfully hissed. Ambrosia chortled a bit, Snally could see the spark inside her eyes, he knew what she felt. As they both twittered, the white drakelet put his wing over Ambrosia. She didn't refuse it. Snally felt his wings droop, and his emotive spines fall. Turning around, he silently ran off, and leaped into the sky. There was only one thing he wanted to do, and that was to fly away and never look back.

Author's Notes: *Casually plays Satisfied about Snally* Ex is a flippin' charmer with his smooth voice and actions. Snally also has an insecurity problem, and thinks that his family doesn't pay attention to him (There's actually some foreshadowing about this if you look around).. what could possibly go wrong? Plus, Snallygaster Cruoculi is their scientific name, I suggest you try to figure out what it means! Also, if there's any concerns about how quickly Snally starts feeling emotions, please don't forget that he's young, and this is probably his first crush. One last thing... this is where the real plot begins... Stay tuned..

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

2014-2019

OOOOH! I’m excited.

• Posted at:

i am the

phøe|ñįx.

•She/Her.

•FanWing4Ever.

•Forum Twin- M.N.

Death of love. :o

• Posted at:

i am the

phøe|ñįx.

•She/Her.

•FanWing4Ever.

•Forum Twin- M.N.

Oooh! Although I am a bit annoyed at Ex for being so irresistible. I'm sure it'll work out, though... right? hmmm

• Posted at:

grendel

(mostly inactive until the forums get moved to home base)

(plato was a great philosopher. he said that we should be kind to everyone, because everyone is fighting a difficult battle.)

@Grendel

That's Ex for you, either a smooth, charmeing intelligent young bachelor, or an annoying little creature.

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

2014-2019

Incoming, just a one-shot.

• Posted at: