These are all inferred, so don’t take my calculations as fully reliable!  

Using the canon picture of Flower and Smolder the SandWing, I used pixel counts and proportions.  Assuming Flower is about 5 feet tall (comparing to a woman from Ancient Egypt, as they had similar nutrition), Smolder is about 4.74m or 15.5 feet tall.  

However, SandWings are the smallest tribe, due to Bergmann’s rule hope I spelled that correctly.  It states that larger species are found in colder environments, and vice versa.  I didn’t include Pantalan dragons due to the lack of canon information.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, based on climate and biology, I've come up with the following list, from largest to smallest:

IceWings
MudWings
SeaWings

NightWings
SkyWings
RainWings
SandWings

These are estimations.  IceWings are the largest, because they live in the coldest environment.  SeaWings would be huge, because they are water dragons (think whales), but their size must be compensated for flight.  MudWings have naturally large and bulky bodies.  SkyWings also live in cold climates, but they must be small enough for fast flight.  I’m not sure about NightWings, but Morrowseer is absolutely huge, so I put them up there, despite malnutrition on their volcano.  RainWings are mentioned to be relatively small, and they also live in a hot and humid rainforest.  SandWings live in a steaming desert, so they are therefore smallest.  In addition, SandWings generally have poor nutrition, because of the sparseness of food in the deserts.

Using rough estimates to the nearest foot, these are the heights of dragons in adulthood, as they don’t grow much after reaching their prime.

IceWings: 6.2m/20ft
MudWings: 6m/19ft
SeaWings: 5.8m/19ft
SkyWings: 5.6m/18ft
NightWings: 5.4m/18ft
RainWings: 5.2m/17ft
SandWings: 5m/16ft

In other words, for a real-life comparison, dragons are about as tall as giraffes. As for wingspan?  Using the cover of Escaping Peril, Scarlet is small.  I’m estimating she is about 5.29m or 5.3m.  Using pixel counts and the Pythagorean Theorem, we set up a triangle next to her wing.  Really shaky calculations tell us that her wingspan is about 88 feet.  This is a small SkyWing, so use that as the average wingspan.  If we compare dragons to a pterosaur, these are approximate calculations (nearest whole).

IceWings: 572kg - 1262lb
MudWings: 544kg - 1199lb
SeaWings: 515kg - 1136lb
SkyWings: 487kg - 1074lb
NightWings: 458kg - 1010lb
RainWings: 430kg - 948lb
SandWings: 401kg - 883lb

That’s it!  I can’t give you accurate calculations for dragonet sizes due to the lack of information on them.  If anyone picks out any mistakes, feel free to tell me.  If anyone wants to add on, go ahead!  

I can’t use images (rules), so these descriptions of my calculations are very limited.  

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

I’m b|r|o|k|e|n but I hide it with a e 

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod

Forum Fam: Pluto, Atlas, Galaxian  

Hello?  Scientist!!!? Legacy?  Anyone?

• Posted at:

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod

Up?

• Posted at:

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod

Ahh whoops.  In the second list I accidentally switched the sizes for SkyWings and NightWings...

• Posted at:

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod

I don't think that IceWings are the biggest. They live in cold climates, but they don't use their size to keep them warm. I think SCIENTIST!!! did one about why they radiated cold, and it's not because of their size. And while SandWings can go a long time without eating, it doesn't make them small. They're kind of like camels in that they can go a long time without food or water, and camels aren't tiny. So the order is wrong, but your calculations of Smolder and Flower were great! 

This is what I think the size order of the dragons would be:

-SkyWings (they have a taller frame in the pictures, as well as their wing size)

-MudWings

-IceWings

-SeaWings

-SandWings

-NightWings

-RainWings

These probably aren't exact either; I'm pretty sure that SeaWings, IceWings, SandWings, and NightWings are all around the same size. The biggest size differences are with SkyWings, MudWings, and RainWings.

• Posted at:

-=+Deisma+=-

She | her | SandWing

Forum sibs: Zane, Prism, Jacquelyn,

Glamour & Nimarfira

"We arnot doing get help."

"We don't want to change,

We just want to change everything!"

A Talon in Three Worlds: /353086

Hey! That's pretty lit, I have different ideas on proportions, but that's just opinion. Also, I'm working on the organs today since I finally got a work-free no-leaving day.

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

"Teach me how to say goodbye"

"Rise up! Rise up! Rise up! Eliza!"

"My love, take your time"

"I'll see you on the other side"

"Raise a glass to freedom"

2014-2019

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You did it! I'm so proud! That sounded kinda weird, but I don't care! I'm smiling so hard my cheeks hurt.

• Posted at:

SCIENTIST!!!(nickname)

There are equal amounts of bacteria in and on your body, as there are cells in your body, meaning that you are not just your cells, you are an amalgamate of creatures that form together to create you.

@Legacy, thanks!  I’ll be sure to check out your organs SCIENCE!!!

• Posted at:

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod

@Deisma, Bergmann’s Rule states that creatures in colder temps are naturally larger, and therefore IceWings are.  This rule works the other way, and animals that eat less food are naturally smaller (we are larger than we were 200 years ago).  SeaWings would be largest by far but they have to fly. 

Nice theories by the way!

• Posted at:

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod

@Scientist, yay...?!

• Posted at:

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod

Sorry, I got a little carried away. It's just very exciting and rewarding to see that I'm getting others (you and Legacy) to do their own research and calculations. My nerdiness is spreading!

• Posted at:

SCIENTIST!!!(nickname)

There are equal amounts of bacteria in and on your body, as there are cells in your body, meaning that you are not just your cells, you are an amalgamate of creatures that form together to create you.

I was always a nerd.  It will probably be a long time before I do another one because of lack of time.  This one took about two-three hours.  

• Posted at:

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod

This is very cool, but I think that the RainWings would weigh less than the SandWings. I just think that SandWings have thicker scales and thicker neck/bodies/tails, so they would weigh a bit more. It also depends on the dragon...

• Posted at:

DarkWind

Care for what you have now, because if  you wait, it might be too late to go back. 

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.-Dalai Lama

TMOM Fan.

Take Nothing for Granted!

#MidWest FurFest 2018

If anyone has suggestions for the next SCIENCE!!! Project please post it here.

• Posted at:

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod

Up

• Posted at:

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod

Hivewings? Maybe if you did how hivewings get their different powers (the stink, spikes, etc)

Or maybe a Pantalan version of this.

• Posted at:

Lɪɴɢ...

Kɪɴᴇ.x

Sʜ/ʜʀ

Hey, guys. I know this is going through tough, but we will stick through this together. I have my fam, and they have me, but right now, we are ALL family.

Main fam: Nim, Ocean, Legacy

Ok...SCIENTIST!!! Already did one, but I might make my own. Anything else?

• Posted at:

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod

Wing size-flight ratio. 

• Posted at:

DarkWind

Care for what you have now, because if  you wait, it might be too late to go back. 

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.-Dalai Lama

TMOM Fan.

Take Nothing for Granted!

#MidWest FurFest 2018

Ooh, that would take a lot of research.  I might post one about every month or so.

• Posted at:

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod