Popularity is relative, I’m just trying to live my life

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

*Attack on Titan The,e Song fades in* THE TITANS ARE ATTACKING?

• Posted at:

^¥Ash Spawn¥^

He/Him

Slitherin

Forum Family: Zane, Ruby

What some call sands of time, I call the ashes of age.

Afterall, that’s what’ll be left behind in the end, ashes.

I never got into that anime. I don't really even watch anime, my sister hogs the tv. There's only like one anime I would voluntarily watch again

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

Really? There’s a website that has pretty much any kind of anime.

• Posted at:

^¥Ash Spawn¥^

He/Him

Slitherin

I'm not really interested in anime, I don't watch much TV in general

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

asdfghjk do I do the intro thread for GGaD!Ishmael's dog now or tomorrow

ive already put it off for multiple days

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

Oh why did that go in so late

hey Ishmael I’ve been thinking of (re, technically)joining GGaD,,, if I were to do so, a) what should I know, and b) where should I put my very old form? Am I allowed to modify my form any because it’s been so long?

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Each of us bear our own cross

Come and talk to me;  341245 ]

[ | She/her | MN | Since 7/31/17 | ]

Now @ moonflying31   :D

@Moonflight sorry it took me a bit to get back to you! Just make sure you freshen up on the rules by looking at the signup thread and put your form there. You’re always allowed to update and edit your form at any time, it is your character after all :)

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

Me: Wow I :))) like that person, I should talk to them more and strengthen our relationship--

My Brain: Whoa there buddy I think you forgot your trust issues and past traumas a little ways back lmao oh wait you dropped some anxiety too 

Me: True, let me grab those real quick and then I can keep this person at arm's reach to avoid the very unlikely scenario of my past experiences repeating themselves and then wonder why I'm so lonely

My Brain: Solid plan my guy, and as a reward I will refuse you seratonin for now because you never know when you're gonna need it later

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

Contemplating setting my yard on fire to get rid of the snow and the possible skunk living under the wooden platform at the edge of the property

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

Took a totally legit quiz and my legendary spirit animal is a pegasus

*John Mulaney voice* I will stomp you to death with my hooves

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

Y'all know the meme where people do fortnite dances while like really sad/edgy dialouge clips from shows or movies play in the background and is paired with equally sad and edgy music

If that's not a full description of myself as a person I do not know what is

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

Not edgy enough. Add recorded in black and white while wearing only black, and that’s as close as you can get.

• Posted at:

^¥Ash Spawn¥^

He/Him

Slitherin

I had such a neat timeline of how I was going to set stuff in motion for my various GGaD plots I have in place and the Big Snap is putting a sizeable monkey wrench in all of it

I have to move things forward and back and agh it's really frustrating

I had stuff planned for when I'll be gone over the summer and now it's all out of whack

I'm doing the best I can to push things back on track but *whips* my motivation is quickly leaving me

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

Gdgwiakaka This homethread title is so on the nose right now

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

Hi I'm Ishmael and I have things to say about mental illness

stop. using. mental. illnesses. as. adjectives. especially. if. you. are. not. mentally. ill.

OCD is not just being super organized and a neat freak. It's washing your hands a dozen times in a row and being unable or unwilling to stop. Organization may be part of it, but that is not the entire disorder

Depression is not being sad for two days. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain. It can destroy people's lives. It's not some quirky label you can slap on yourself because your parents won't let you go to a Fall Out Boy concert. It's not "I'm so serious and mysterious uwu" it's not immediately cured because some cute boy talks to you and tells you to be happy. It's so much more than just being "sad".

We're all anxious sometimes. It's literally ingrained in us as a species. That doesn't mean you have anxiety if you don't like public speaking. The majority of Americans feel uncomfortable and are afraid of public speaking. Anxiety, and specifically the one I'm most familiar with, social anxiety, is not raising your hand in class because you're afraid you'll sound stupid, all day every day. It's overthinking everything you say and do. It's taking forever to send a text because you agonize over every word, and feeling like you must have done something horribly wrong when they take the same amount of time to text you back. It's why I mirror people's writing and speech patterns in  conversations so they'll like me more. It's finding it difficult to eat in front of people because they must be judging you, holding on to a piece of trash for an absurd amount of time because you aren't sure if it's okay to throw it away, it's never turning in your test first even though you usually finish early for fear of drawing attention to yourself

Being aware of the symptoms of mental illnesses is good, not only for yourself but so you can recognize them in the people around you. Relating to one or two symptoms does not automatically mean you have that illness. You can't just cherry pick what symptoms you have so you can be cute and quirky. Mental illnesses are not a trend, and they certainly shouldn't be your entire personality

and please, for the love of everything, stop calling people sociopaths/psychopaths just because they're manipulative jerks. Sociopath is an outdated term as-is. Mental disorders and illnesses should never be used as an insult. I understand them being used as dark jokes, we all have different senses of humor, but don't take that as an excuse to be mean about that, either. If your depression jokes are making someone visibly uncomfortable, stop. Don't call them 'triggered', don't try to play it off like they're too sensitive, just respect their boundaries.

RESEARCH THE HECK OUT OF WHATEVER YOU ARE PLANNING TO USE FOR A CHARACTER, DONT FEED THE STIGMA, AVOID STEREOTYPES AND HARMFUL TROPES WHEN YOU CAN 

Let's use Bird Box as an example. Mentally ill people are SO villainized in that movie. Only using mentally ill/'psychotic' people as your villains is a slippery slope at best and is downright harmful to real life people

romanticising mental illness is downright awful. i'm just gonna say that, it speaks for itself

we need to do better as a society to erase the stigmas. Men can be mentally ill without being seen as weak. Women are often misdiagnosed or their voices of concern are silenced altogether. giving better mental health education. provide and fund more accessible resources and facilities. address problematic views and work to dismantle them

I'm sick and tired of seeing it.

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

Me: I think I’m getting better

Also me: *startle response when I turn a corner and someone is ten feet away*

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

ASMR is awful, have a good day

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

I don't think I've heard total silence for a few months now

There's always been something in my room making noise

the fan, the heater, the radio, my own thoughts

But tonight, for a few minutes, all was quiet

And I felt at peace. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

I like complete silence because.. silence.

• Posted at:

^¥Ash Spawn¥^

He/Him

Slitherin

i can’t handle complete silence

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPQUAKE

oceans rise, empires fall

we have seen each other through it all

for even if i‘m far away i hold you in my heart

no matter where you go

you’ll never be alone

toffee’s still a walnut

I'm going down with this ship

Vijay from 2018 Lost In Space is very much Very Cute and so is Judy Robinson, I have hella crushes on both of them

also I'm really late to the Lost In Space bandwagon but better late than never

also also Don the chicken man is Big Orphos Vibes all the way- Man with grey morals at best, a strong relationship with alcohol and an equally strong relationship with a small creature that isn't inherently useful but provides him with emotional support? Heck Yes, he even looks like him

it's such a good show and that's the tea

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

Me, only comfortable with having a deep conversation in which I actually talk about my feelings and such with someone instead of just being the listening ear very early in the morning because I know I'm too tired to care or put my normal guard up: Me Me Big Sad

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

, 2