i swear im not trying to send any hate to the furries comunity, they get enough hate allready, for no reason. i just have some qestion

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

DISMAY

"i was lost and was afraid, i believed all of their lies, i believed that i was safe, and that i would never die, now I'm alone, ive been hiding in the dark, i just want to go home, but my deeds send me to far" - from the song afton family

up

• Posted at:

DISMAY

"i was lost and was afraid, i believed all of their lies, i believed that i was safe, and that i would never die, now I'm alone, ive been hiding in the dark, i just want to go home, but my deeds send me to far" - from the song afton family

whats the question

• Posted at:

Vegan

Clemence (Red sash)

Easily Forgotten

Oh so you think I'm cute when I'm angry. Well, get ready because I'm about to be GORGEOUS

Outburst

umm, i have a multitude of qestions, like what it is that you  do?

• Posted at:

DISMAY

I am a Dutch Angel Dragon. All I do is make friends and just be friends.

• Posted at:

Vegan

Clemence (Red sash)

Easily Forgotten

Oh so you think I'm cute when I'm angry. Well, get ready because I'm about to be GORGEOUS

Outburst

I am a Shadow Wolf, and As Vegan said, we make friends with others in our community.

• Posted at:

{Zane}

/354852

We shall be gone, but never forgotten 

Yep. If I could afford one of those costumes--

• Posted at:

grendel

(mostly inactive until the forums get moved to home base)

(plato was a great philosopher. he said that we should be kind to everyone, because everyone is fighting a difficult battle.)

plays bitter sweet symphony

• Posted at:

DISMAY

How do you live inside a big suit. IT MUST BE SWEATY

• Posted at:

♣️Ατιαs♣️

нε/нιм

[Forum Fam: Lilac, Forest, Twilight, Key]

[Join Date: Feb 2nd, 2018]

[My Games: /351323, /348419 /351429]

My favorite color is Cheese.

Basketball + Saxophone = Atlas

BE HAPI!

This is not something explainable of why/what people do in this fandom. They just do it. I myself make suits for the fandom.

• Posted at:

Lɪɴɢ...

Kɪɴᴇ.x

Sʜ/ʜʀ

Hey, guys. I know this is going through tough, but we will stick through this together. I have my fam, and they have me, but right now, we are ALL family.

Main fam: Nim, Ocean, Legacy

I have one too. What’s the difference between animal kin (not exactly sure what it’s called) and furries?

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

[incert mark twain quote here]

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

What is a furry? 

• Posted at:

Not my real name, but call me Sparky! I'm also a FEMALE

"Good night, Princess Peach. " -TEC-XX, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

My other account: Dragonbutterfly954

And this is why Google search was created

• Posted at:

Vegan

Clemence (Red sash)

Easily Forgotten

Outburst

Yeah that must be very sweaty

I don't know how I would live

I would literally invest money into building in an air conditioning if I were a furry

And not even that would help

• Posted at:

✯Elf✯

✮ She/her ✮

✯, I am the weirdo drinking tea in the corner 

SAVE THE FORUMS!

・゚✧ *:・゚

✧ *:・゚✧               .✧ *:・

.✧ *:・.

I'm not a furry, but I think the animal kin people are those who genuinely think they're animals trapped in human bodies. I also think furries don fursuits to express themselves while staying anonymous. I heard somewhere that a high percentage of furries are apart of the LGBTQ+ community, but I could be wrong

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

Fam: Everyone here

BotW: 345247

EST. 10/08/14

/352812

/354852

'Ohana' means 'family.' 'Family' means 'no one gets left behind.'

its true, I am a Dutch Angel Dragon, Vegan the Dutchie.

• Posted at:

Vegan

Clemence (Red sash)

Easily Forgotten

Outburst

I'm a Shadow Wolf.  Zane the wolf here.

• Posted at:

{Zane}

/354852

We shall be gone, but never forgotten 

I've actually got a couple questions as well

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him/boi)

Forum bro: Tiger

Have died 7 times.

G&S Mod

SUB TO PEWDIEPIE

It's alright, with memories inside

Midnight dust on the floor

Watch it turn into gold

#NKT

Hi there, I'm Purple and I'm largely inactive on the forums now but I am a furry. It took me years to call myself a furry because of all the misinformation and misconception I was told about them, but now that I know the real truth, I'm loudly, largely, and unapologetically a furry.

Furries are broadly defined as "a person who enjoys the concept or content of anthropomorphic animals." What that means, at its bare-bones, is a furry can be anyone who likes the concept of animals acting like humans. This can even be down to animated moves like The Fox and The Hound or The Lion King--because those animals are given human-like traits.

Most people's general idea of a furry is an animal from Zootopia--an animal on two legs, walking and talking, sometimes wearing clothes--and yes! Those are anthropomorphic (in the furry community, that word is abbreviated to "anthro") animals too! "Anthros" are animal characters that walk on two legs and are generally what furries are associated with.

The costumes, which are called fursuits, are indeed incredibly hot; many fursuiters (people who fursuit) install little fans in the heads of the suits and wear cooling clothing underneath to prevent them from overheating and getting sick. They often have people who go with them, called "handlers" who carry their things and encourage them to drink water to avoid dehydration heat sickness as well!

Furthermore, not every true furry has a fursuit. Fursuits are INCREDIBLY expensive (the fur for mine alone cost nearly $100, the foam is an incredible expense, the work is tedious, etc) and so many furries don't have fursuits and are active in other parts of the fandom, such as art or roleplaying. 

Every rosebush has its thorns, and there have been people outed for very nasty things in the furry community. But, for the most part, the community is very accepting and friendly!

Furries aren't all bad or disgusting or cringey or anything like that. We're just a bunch of people who like animals, costumes, and fun. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me--if I'm offline here, ask Crim, Bengal or Vul (is Vul still active? ...is Bengal even still active) if they can get a hold of me for you.

Thank you for your kind interest!

• Posted at:

-PURPLE-

enfp | pisces | she/her | vaguely emo indie pop kiddo | trash queen | grape gremlin 2.0 actual cryptid | HUGE furry | major meme

[giratina battle theme continues]

I'mma closet furry but shhh...

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

She/They/Xe

Forum Fam: Ocean/Kitsune/Lilac

"Teach me how to say goodbye!"

"Have pity, they are going through the unimaginable"  

"I will sing no requiem tonight..."

@Vegan, it is better to ask an actual furrie

also another question. Why are you people furries? Why do you do it?

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

[incert mark twain quote here]

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

I used to consider myself a furry but I choose to no longer identify with the fandom for various personal reasons. I have many other friends who are in the fandom as well.

The animal-kin people you're talking about are known as otherkin, or more spefically "Therians". They have a belief that they were something, usually an animal or mythical creature but it can really be anything you can think of, in a past life. Many Therians use the furry fandom as a way to connect with their past self. It's important to note that while many Therians consider themselves to be furries, not all of them are, and not all furries consider themselves otherkin, either. A very high precentage of the furry fandom are LGBTQ+ and identify as male, but that demographic is starting to shift radically in the past few years. 

Many people are in the fandom for the same reason people join the forums, play a game, or do anything they enjoy: it's something that they like to do, and finding a strong, accepting community to express themselves is amazing in and of itself. It's not really anything to gawk at, it's just people with a hobby.

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

isn't it lovely?

all alone

heart made of glass, my mind of stone