anytime when I try to play any of the games, it glitches and then pauses. Also whenever i've tried talking to any of the characters, they are extremely glitchy and hard to read. Also for the customization of the character it is extremely diffucult to manuver around and be able to pick any choices. sorry if people have already said this but i'd just thought id let you know. :) i know its still in the beta stage and has many problems, but its turning out great! :D

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

@RacoonWizard10 alternate Account.

My ships:

Winterwatcher

Ripnami

Glorybringer

Star

Cleirl

Smunny

Puppies, Kittens, giant fluffy sheep and Dragons live here.

I'm Captian Labrador.

Hi Becky,

I guess this might turn out as seeming like more of a complaint than anything, but xD.

So, HB is either available on computer or mobile. However, even though my tablet counts as mobile, it can't download/find the app at all. So tablets seem to be inaccessible (does anyone else use a Microsoft tablet?), even though it's fully updated. In addition, I tried accessing HB on my mom's phone (Apple), but HB requires IOS 12 or above, and the phone seems to be stuck on IOS 10. Pretty sure you probably can't help with that, but I just wanted to mention that (And besides, I would like to prevent any chances of having to sneak on and getting caught in the first place). My I-Pad, on the other hand, is stuck on IOS 5, so I can't use that either. I could possibly use the Desktop computer (PC), but obviously I'm not supposed to use that one for games over than the 4 school breaks we have (and when the teachers don't take advantage of that time for homework bombardment), so that one's off by personal restriction. I would really appreciate it if I could visit the forums more than 4 times a year, so the ultimate question is (I hope this isn't repetitious), is the game tablet-compatible? Or specifically, Microsoft-Tablet compatible?

Thanks!

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

for the forums thing in the future, will it be possible to have a special thread only accessible by a person's house in the game?

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

Fam: Everyone

BotW: 345247

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1632 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Don'thinof thiagoodbyethinof iaa "seyolater."

Is there any way glasses could have a separate category, so that they don't count as a hat when we put them on (I had a specific look in mind for my character, and then I found out wings and glasses counted as hats and I couldn't have all of it on)?

• Posted at:

Zodiak

A quiet voice in a room filled with sound

Another chance, another choice, another go around

Est. 6/25/2016

Exactly 1740 Stars

"Please, remember it all..."

#IStoleSanetra'sCupcakes

Platform (Web/iOS/Android): Galaxy S9 Android

Web Browser (Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer/Safari/etc): App

Version of iOS or Android (ex. iOS 12.1 or Android 9.0 Pie): 9.0 pie

Mobile App Version (find this in the in-game Settings Menu): na

Detailed explanation: no arrow keys to move on mobile, no jump, no 1st person mode/better view, minigames not clear, etc. Takes up 500+ mb so yeah... well i jave fortnite which is about 2.5 gb...

• Posted at:

««ғяεε∂σм™»»

Est. 1.13.18

Mod Eerf ©2018

KING O' LENNIES!

{he/him/fan-sea-nightwing/giant mountain/etc.}

2400+ ☆

#Myhomethreadisat/336075

#TexasStrong 

#DistrictSpellingBee 2/6/19

Many suggestions, and a few bug reports.

- Slow down the map game intros/explanations.
XxX
- A player card or page. Like a button on the emote wheel where if clicked, a pop-up comes up where the username can (actually) be seen. If there was something siggy-like, people could put their nicknames, pronouns, and whatnot.

- Personalized name color in chat and above heads
XxX
- The achievement for getting '5 questions right in one game of Trivia' doesn't work.
- Furthermore, achievements aren't locked. I had the 'buy 10 clothing items in 1 day'. But as soon as I bought something, the bar fell from 10/10 to 1/10.
- Same thing goes for the Dactyl Run achievements. To keep the acievements, can't play the game again
XxX
- The Xp bar to show numbers. (250/1000 XP earned)
XxX
- Some Trivia answers are marked wrong even though they are stated correct

XxX

- Different pupil types (cat-eye, dialated, swirl, no pupil, etc.)
- Two different colored irises

XxX

- More mouth options (duck face?)

XxX

- Shark outfit

- Frog outfit

- Sheep outfit

- Duck outfit

- Cat headband

- Cat tail

- Just a cat outfit

- Bunny outfit

- More dresses

- More cape colors and variations (longer and wider)

- Chef costume

- Snowman costume

News feed:
Thank you for working so hard on it!

• Posted at:

•°¯`•• Ⓙⓘⓔ ••´¯°•

Just here to play Home Base

Game is unaccessable. It shows a blank screen, or shows a loading screen that is infinite once you get logged off and on 5 times (I counted). 

• Posted at:

A curious case, a reckless infection

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

It's a statewide inspection

I'm still getting the black-screen-game-won't-load issue

also PLEASE work on optimization. I can hardly run it on this laptop, and here are the specs:

10GB RAM 

Core I5 vPro with built-in graphics

256GB SSD

and I can't even get it to run without overheating this thing so much

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

The end is not merely the end, but a chance for new beginnings

i made that up on the spot wow it sounds good

black-screen-game-won't-load issue still

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

OS: Windows 10, Chromebook (All bugs occour on both systems)

Browser: Chrome

Explaination(s): Messages vanish when enter (as to send in chat) is pressed. Softlock on most loading screens. Crash if any other tabs are open, High ping and packet loss, frame loss, general lag, etc. Other misc crashing and bugs.

want Home Base to be good, and I have my hopes up, but my conscious is telling me otherwise.

• Posted at:

C O R V U S

Author of the Lost Library

Him/he

Where is everyone?

Where am I?

I smell smoke, hear fire.

I hope this isn't what i think it is...

Can you pls make usernames easier to read? Thanks.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

*I have returned!*

The world's not falling apart, its falling into place. We see only a few pieces of the puzzle while the creator sees them all.

Proud  Christian

Jw|K|Jx|S|B

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

2019 is a green bean

Man, I wish my device could play the game... OOF, I just lost The Game. Anyway, Becky hi! I have no critique or feedback dice I can't play it yet, but I'm interested... How much did it cost to make? Were you involved in the actual programming?
  • Posted at:

~Sorrel~

Joined on May 14th, 2018

#RememberTheForums

#RememberTheLost

#Colorless

During the last few days, let's take some time to enjoy these forums, and each other

Mine wont load

• Posted at:

My home base says there is a Unity error and something wrong with Java Script?

• Posted at:

ϟStormbringerϟ

»She/her

»Forum sisters: Spirit, Fallon, Glamour and Forest

»Forum brothers: Cobra, Shard, and Prisma

»Forum twin: Ruby

»For the NightWings!

»Author

»War Dragons

Lead the pack, don't follow it.

Day 8 (Mission Laser) of the Clue Hunt does not load. I have tried on multiple devices and on various wifi. All that appears when clicked is a black screen with a spinning white square.

• Posted at:

•°¯`•• Ⓙⓘⓔ ••´¯°•

Just here to play Home Base

NEEDS TO BE FASTER!

• Posted at:

I'm

Scarletrose

I'm a hybird

I'm mind reader,

I'm an animus,

I can breathe fire,

and vemom.

(Also Vemomfire.)

I can see the future.

(RAINWING MOTHER: Glory)

(NIGHTWING FATHER: Starflight)   

I can't make my windows Private or whatever that nonsense is :/

• Posted at:

~((-Bad Apple-))~

She/Her/Bad Luck

LGBTanProud

QueeOCurseanShapeshifting

DeitoMagicOdditiesAnShapeshifting

ThinTherISomethinWronWitMe

UwU

i can not join home base it is justa blank screen 

please fix this. (i am using a mac)

• Posted at:

hi becky, 

home base initially worked on my computer, but when i went to test it again today and yesterday, it no longer worked. did something happen to change this?

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

jan. 2016—march 2019

star count: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

who has the time to hesitate?

Becky, sometimes when I walk, I am not walking. I just hover around. I know that isn't that bad but I thought you should know.

• Posted at:

Wizard

➢Him/He

➢Christian

➢Saxophone

♦Homeschooled

♦Forum sisters~ Fantasy, Glamour, Key

♦Forum brothers~Paradox, Seaquake 

♦Triplets~Fallon and Pluto

☾Co-creator of LLaK: /348431☽

Meep the Yeep with Repicheep!~Me

By far the worst game I have ever played hands down. Needs LOTS of work and clean ups. Whoever made this game needs to work on it. Please fix it. I know it could be fun but its just really not even astonishing to play. PLEASE I'm begging you, PLEASEEEEE fix this game. 

• Posted at:

I hate how scholastic it now. 

• Posted at:

I hate how scholastic is now.  Its completely different from when I was in elementry its not even fun anymore. What happened to all the games?

• Posted at:

On the 39 clue game (I think it's called clue hunt?) I've lost my progress twice. I don't know why, it doesn't happen every time I exit and reenter the game, but it does about half of the time.

• Posted at:

Zodiak

Est. 6/25/2016

Exactly 1740 Stars

#IStoleSanetra'sCupcakes

Hey y'all your bug reports are getting increasingly vague, it's not going to help any of us if there isn't detail

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

I'm with Ismael.

If the Mods don't know why we are crashing, they won't be able to fix it.

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

"Teach me how to say goodbye"

"Rise up! Rise up! Rise up! Eliza!"

"My love, take your time"

"I'll see you on the other side"

"Raise a glass to freedom"

2014-2019

Small image from ios  1  19a7f48469

Brrr-cky B : admin

I'll go through some of your bug reports now - here's the most recent page of them! FYI, we are constantly looking at this thread, even if you don't see responses from us. We have a whole bug and feedback list of just stuff from this thread. 

@RacoonWizard The character's text is being fixed in the new update! For the character customization, we know there's an annoying issue where it sometimes takes multiple clicks to select a particular style/piece of clothing. Definitely intend to fix some stuff in the character customizer.

@Galaxian I'll talk to the devs and see how possible it is to make a version for the Windows store in the future. Anyone else who has a Windows tablet please chime in and let me know! Very fair complaint, definitely falls into our "make the game more accessible" category. What exact tablet do you use? 

@Fantasy There's a lot of stuff we're considering for the Home island, we haven't solidified much yet so I don't want to promise anything. We're definitely looking at how to better organize the chat and threads with respect to different islands.

@Zodiak There is some weirdness with head-objects. Like hats coming with hair. I'll mention this to the art team. As for the 39 Clues thing, others have also reported this. Do you remember if you quit out of the game while you're still in one of the 39 Clues game menu? And you lose all of your progress, not just the progress from the last time you played it? (if that makes sense)

@Freedom Jump?? Just wondering, what would jumping add for you in a game like this? Arrow keys on mobile is something we didn't think about and we've seen a number of people requesting them. I imagine we'll be able to add that. Same with instructions for the word games, specifically (they don't have any instructions right now). What minigames did you find unclear? We've also discussed having a 1st person view you can toggle for riding the slide, but not for the whole game. The app size is...an issue for sure. 

@Jie These are some good suggestions! I can pretty much guarentee cat ears as an avatar item. A snowman costume would be so cute for a winter update! We also looked into the possibility of doing different eye/pupil types and...it's possible! So heterochromia, lizard eyes, etc. are all possible. The Trivia bugs are ones we have marked to fix. Thanks! Also, thanks for the Mission Laser bug. We'll check that out.

@Grif When you get that, now you can follow the steps I've lined out below! Is it a gray screen you're getting? If so, I'm able to fix that myself by playing in an incognito window, or sometimes by refreshing a few times. 

@Imagine We will definitely work on optimization as much as possible. Thanks for giving the specs, that's really useful to show the devs.

@Corvus There is a known bug where if you leave the game idling for some time, when you come back you won't be able to chat. Refreshing fixes it. It's likely some kind of soft-kick after a player is AFK for enough time, but it's not intended. I hope you come visit through the spring/summer and we're able to live up to your expectations. We'll work hard on it. 

@Topaz Oh yes. Absolutely. It's so difficult to see who's who.

@Sorrel What device do you have? I'm afraid it's not really my place to answer your first question, as for your second question - I don't do any actual programming. I try every once and a while to learn programming for Unity, but it never sticks. When I make games with friends I always do the art. Are you a programmer or interested in programming?

@Stormbringer Click the little lock next to the URL to get to site settings, and make sure that Flash and Javascript are set to either Ask (and you've allowed it) or Allow. Also, if you have any adblockers you can try whitelisting the page in them. What browser are you using?

@Seeker If you're getting the gray screen issue, you can try refreshing the page a few times. I get the gray screen bug sometimes and it is usually fixed after I do this. We're working on fixing it. Other than that, is there any other things happening that are preventing you from accessing the game?

@Hiraeth Nothing would've happened that I can think of. Has it started working again or does it still not work? Are you seeing a gray screen that never loads? If so, you can try 1. refreshing the page a few times and waiting a minute or so, sometimes it takes a bit and 2. opening the game in an incognito/private window.

@Wizard Is that when you're doing an emote? You do "hover walk" while you're emoting. I think it's kind of funny so we might leave it like that haha :P "It's a feature, not a bug!" as they say. If it bothers people let me know though. 

@Ishmael @Legacy Ha, thanks you two! 

When the forums go read-only at the end of next week, you'll no longer be able to write your feedback/bug reports here. Some of you will be able to share them in the Newsfeed or chat with us in-game. Some of you have problems accessing the game, so obviously telling us about that is an issue without the forums.

Here's what you can do. While these steps are specifically for web, you can also write to customer service about app-related issues, please be as clear as possible about what exactly is happening so we can better figure out your issue. If copy/pasting the console information is too much or you don't think it's applicable to the problem you're having, you can also just write in with a bug report. The customer service email is custserv@scholastic.com.

Step 1: Right click on the area around the Home Base game and select "Inspect." This opens the inspector which tells you a lot about what's happening on the web page. If you're interested in HTML, honestly this is kind of a cool inside-look into how the site was built. 

console1

Step 2: What we really need aren't the HTML elements however. We want to know about anything that happened when the game was trying to load/run. Click "Console" in the Inspector and copy some of the most recent messages. Let's say about 20 lines of it. This is what my console looked like when I got the gray screen error and the game wouldn't load.

Step 3: Paste that text in an email, and either you or a parent/guardian should email it to custserv@scholastic.com. I've already warned them they may get crazy looking lines of code and to send it on over to us. Mention that it's from Home Base, and just like you do here in this thread try to explain what exactly was happening when you got the error/crash.

Helping us with bug reports and feedback is completely optional, but it really really helps us. So thank you to everyone who's given us information and bugs so far. If you find you really like breaking games and finding bugs (*cough*looking at you Grif *cough*) maybe you've got a future in QA testing and development ;) 

Here's a rundown of what to expect in the new update. This was supposed to come out, well, tomorrow. But due to some big issues we've ended up having to move it to a Monday release. Now that I've said that, you can get mad at me if it still isn't out on Monday.

-The Newsfeed: You can now post text and create comics - talk about your favorite book series and write your own stories!

-Take Selfies: Get ready to strike a pose and take selfies with your friends. You can use them in the comic creator!

-New avatar items: Did someone say new onesies? Because there are new onesies.

-New games: Fly fast in Speed Wings and get accurate with Venom Victory, our two new Wings of Fire games

-Various game balances: We played all the games a ton to make the rewards you get feel more fair

-Other various bug fixes/small UI adjustments (weird red square around chat text is gone, Qibli's Quest gives rewards, you'll see friend requests instantly, and more)

• Posted at:

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out now!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

Thanks! But also, if it supposed to log you out and make you unable to log back in until you reset the page? It usually takes me over an hour to get in because of this 

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

@Becky - Hi I can't get in because of Javscript. I have fast like seriously fast internet faster then the Flash and Superman combined. I can't get firefox to work either so I was able to get in for a while then for a while I couldn't get in. Then I made a new account for it to see if it would work it did. Then I logged out to try and log in with this account. However, it didn't work then it wouldn't let me with my new account. So, I tried making another new one and nothing worked. What can I do?

• Posted at:

{Jacquelyn}

The Big Rock Candy Mountain

"Princess Inferno"

"Straight"

"Animus; Thrice Moon Born; Venom; Camouflage"

"Queen Glory x Death-bringer"

"Proued Christian and friend of Seeker"

Somsay stange

Some say odd

I say child of the Living God

Oops, not a Surface Pro--just a Surface tablet. It's compatible with touch screen, with no pen though, and it can be disconnected from its keyboard.

I'm absolutely horrible with technology and such, so if this information is helpful, I'm glad to provide it:

The system type is a 32-bit operating system, ARM-based processor. The edition is Windows RT 8.1; installed RAM is 2.00 GB. It is not compatible with Unity but seems to be fine with games that only run cookies, which isn't many. I have the processor information if you do need it. :)

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

Just tried something on multiple accounts because for the life of me I couldn’t figure out how people were getting 159 on word wrangle: 

The first time you go into a game, there’s a Pause button on the  upper right hand corner. If you pause the game, you’re still able to move the letters, even though the time stops. It’s kind of janky and won’t let you move them all the way sometimes, but it seems to recognize when the letters are in the correct order and then will lock them so you can’t move them anymore as well. Then all you have to do is unpause, and it’s instant. The pause button only works the first time, though– if you replay, the pause button disappears. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

I honestly love the game but it would be great if we had more games!!:)

• Posted at:

when I tried to play all it showed was a black screen nothing else just black i reloaded and it still didnt work

• Posted at:

" Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure." --- Rowena Ravenclaw

its stupid and dosent work now leave up the old forums and we wont have a problem

• Posted at:

Hunter

rp master 

Journalist in the making

Beater 

Mysterious

Quiet

Amazing listener

Sweet

Cute 

Happy vday!

I always exit the game and then I exit the app, and I lose all of my progress in the game, not just like a clue from the last time I played, I have to retake the personality quiz.

• Posted at:

Zodiak

Est. 6/25/2016

Exactly 1740 Stars

#IStoleSanetra'sCupcakes

the only time I've gotten on was at 6 am :/ Ive tried the reloading trick, but it doesn't work. All that's wrong is the grey screen

• Posted at:

~((-Bad Apple-))~

She/Her/Bad Luck

LGBTanProud

UwU

Hey, I know I'm not the only person this happened to because someone said it was happening to them the other day on HB. Basically I was on and I was entering stuff in chat, and people had been talking, but messages stopped appearing. It was like chat froze for me.

• Posted at:

Zodiak

Est. 6/25/2016

Exactly 1740 Stars

#IStoleSanetra'sCupcakes

Hey, Guess what? It has started to load, slowly, but still load! It is slowly getting better. It got better ever since Newsfeed came out

• Posted at:

~((-Bad Apple-))~

She/Her/Bad Luck

LGBTanProud

UwU

How do you access the newsletter?

• Posted at:

Call me:Skyfrost

Tribe:Skywing/Icewing

Powers:Icefire,fighting and healing skills,enchanted skyfire necklace

Apperance:Like a Icewing with large wings,scales change color

Backstory:Her mom fell in love with and Icewing she saved during a battle

Platform (Web/iOS/Android): Web

Web Browser (Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer/Safari/etc): Google Chrome

Version of iOS or Android (ex. iOS 12.1 or Android 9.0 Pie): N/A

Detailed explanation:   When I was notified about the update for the 'Newsfeed' feature, I was excited to try it out, but when I tried loading it, it would be just a pencil eraser in length for entering the game itself, but the screen would turn white and I was forced to reload it, I tried this many times, and it has not solved the problem.  I have fast internet, yet this doesn't solve my problem at all, I really don't know what to do.  When I start Homebase up, it lets me log in and go to the 'main menu' with the 'Play game', 'Settings' and 'privacy policy' buttons, and I always click the 'Play game', but again, as I said before, when it is about a pencil eraser away from fully loading, it crashes and the screen turns white.  Please help me here, I want to play Homebase and check out the new features.  

• Posted at:

{Zane}

/354852

REMEMBER THE ONES WHO COULDN'T MAKE IT

"Dawn of a New day: 72 hours remaining."  Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask.

1 , 2 , 3 , , 5 ,