Well. The big day was here. Valentine's Day. Kenshin briefly closed his eyes, hoping that things will go well and as he planned. Better would be nice too. He let out a deep breath before knocking gently on Rune's door, hiding the flowers and small box of chocolates behind him.

...I've never seen him this nervous before.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

fallon

She/Her

Christian

Mod for CC

Ninja Assassin

Pet Alpha

BF Galaxian

Triplets with Wizard & Pluto

Bros Singly, Imagine, Paradox, SeaQ

Sis's Lilac, Glamour, Marine, & More

"Have faith and don't ever lose hope."

Moments later, Rune answered the door, wearing a red blouse and white paper ts that matched her white jacket. "Hello!"

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Triplet with Time and Tiger

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Technically, good times don't ever end. We'll always remember them, and they'll take a special place in our hearts.

Kenshin widened his eyes. then tried to go back to their normal size. "R-Rune! I, uh..." He presented the flowers and chocolate to her. "Happy Valentine's Day."

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her

Christian

Mod for CC

Ninja Assassin

Pet Alpha

BF Galaxian

Rune gasped when she saw them, and accepted them gratefully. "Thank you! Happy Valentine's day to you too!" She pulled him in for a quick hug.

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Technically, good times don't ever end. We'll always remember them, and they'll take a special place in our hearts.

Kenshin's been hugged by Rune lots of times. So why was he slightly stiffening when she just hugged him now? "Y-you're welcome. Um... Would you like to...go, uh, have a picnic?"

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her

Christian

Mod for CC

Ninja Assassin

Pet Alpha

BF Galaxian

"Sure!" Rune agreed, not noticing how he grew stiff when she hugged him. She quickly ducked back inside her room to set down the gifts, and emerged back out in a second. "I'd love a picnic!"

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Kenshin led her to the door that would lead them to their picnic spot. He opened the door...to find it raining. He growled inside. Why?? Of all days to rain, it had to be today?! I don't even remember it being predicted!

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her

Christian

Mod for CC

Ninja Assassin

Pet Alpha

BF Galaxian

Rune frowned when she saw the rain. "There goes our picnic," she sighed. 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Kenshin mentally sighed. Okay, time for Plan B. "D-don't worry. I actually planned for this." Thank goodness. "But I'm going to have to blindfold you," he added with a smirk.

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her

Christian

Mod for CC

Ninja Assassin

Pet Alpha

BF Galaxian

"Blindfold? Sounds exciting," she replied, closing her eyes as she waited for him to put the blindfold on.

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Kenshin paused for a second, noticing how pretty she was even with her eyes closed. He waved his hand in front of her eyes, a black blindfold wrapping around her eyes. Taking her hand, he led her outside, making an umbrella-like shield over them to protect them from the rain. After walking for a couple of minutes, and making sure they didn't get muddy shoes, Kenshin slightly sighed in relief at the sight of the gazebo in perfect condition. He gently led Rune up the three steps of the outdoor structure, making the lanterns light up as he went to the middle. "Okay." He made the blindfold disappear. "You can open your eyes now."

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her

Christian

Mod for CC

Ninja Assassin

Pet Alpha

BF Galaxian

Rune opened her eyes and gasped when she saw the gazebo. "It's wonderful!" she exclaimed, looking around in awe.

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Kenshin mentally sighed. So far so good. He glanced at the floor and the picnic appeared. The food looked like some delicacy. Some not even meant for a picnic.

Grinning, Rune sat on the floor and looked at all the foods. "Wow, are you sure we're going to eat all this? Wait, is that...escargot?"

Kenshin slightly blushed and scratched the back of his head, nervously chuckling. "We don't have to, but...I guess I went all out in the kitchen."

"You can cook?" Rune asked, sounding rather surprised. "Well then, I guess I had better try something." She took a bite of something to her left,  and her eyes lit up with delight. "This is really good!"

"Really?" Kenshin was relieved. It was a while since Kenshin went all out and he thought they needed some work. He kept an eye on a special dessert that was still covered, hoping nothing goes wrong.

Following Kenshin's gaze, Rune spotted the covered dessert. "What's under there?" she asked, taking a sip of water.

"What?" Kenshin scooted to cover it. "Oh, uh...nothing...?"

Rune grew curious, but changed the topic as she looked at all the other foods. "So how long did it take you to make all this?"

"Um... About...two days?"

"Two days?! Wow, Kenshin, I can't believe you made this all for me. Thank you."

"Well... You're just that special to me." Kenshin half smiled at her.

Rune felt herself blush. "I wish I had done something for you. I kinda forgot about Valentine's day."

Somehow, Kenshin was slightly relieved by that. He reached out and held her hand. "You did do something for me. Being yourself."

Rune smiled, her blush growing deeper as she laced their fingers together.

Kenshin couldn't hold it in anymore and blushed deeply, slightly shying back though keep their fingers laced. Boy, this dude's all weird today. First, it's being all jittery, then stressing over the rain and his plans, and now blushing deeply and acting all shy??? This dude has got some problems.

Rune took notice of Kenshin's odd behavior, but kept her mouth shut. I haven't seen him this nervous since our first date. Maybe it's just because it's Valentine's day? Clearing her throat, Rune let go of his hand. "We should probably get back to eating, or else I'm pretty sure we'll just end up looking at each other the whole time," she joked.

Kenshin chuckled, but it wasn't his normal chuckle. Hm. "Yeah. That's probably best." As Kenshin ate, it was like he lost his taste buds. He barely tasted any flavor and he was just paranoid about other things. Well, there went that "romantic" flight or whatever from a bird's eye view. Why did I take that book's recommendations on how to whatever on Valentine's Day?

As Rune ate, she stole glances at Kenshin, and began to wonder if his odd behavior was actually just due to stress of Valentine's Day. Maybe he's one of Kokumajutsu's illusions! I promise, if he dared lay a finger on him, I'll hunt him down.

But what if he's not one of Kokumajutsu's illusions? Wouldn't that just make him more stressed about today? She bit her lip, trying to think of a way to prove it really was her boyfriend. Just ask him a question only he would know!

"I was looking through my library this morning and found an interesting book that turned out to be written by Fallon. She's a good author."

"Uh huh," Kenshin answered absentmindedly, looking out of the gazebo at the rain. Curse this weather. "I mean she has written so many stories, that--" He looked at Rune. "Wait. From what I know, I think every book Fallon has written, she always went under a pen name." He tilted his head. "Did she not go under a pen name for that book?"

"No," Rune said, shaking her head. "Not this time, apparently." GGAD IT'S ONE OF KOKUMAJUTSU'S ILLUSIONS!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?! I HAVE NO IDEAS!! It was evident that she had grown nervous due to the fact she was fiddling with a hairtie on her wrist.

Kenshin raised an eyebrow before glancing down at her wrist. "Are you alright? Is something wrong?"

"Whaaa? No, no everything's fine. I mean, I'm fine, you're fine, the gazebo is fine, this day is fine, the weather is not really fine..." Rune trailed off, still fiddling with the hairband.

Kenshin blinked, his mouth slightly open. "Are you sure? I've never seen you act like this."

Rune nodded, realizing that if she spoke, she might ramble again.

Kenshin scratched his head, confused. "Uh. Do I need to take you back home?"

"No!" Rune answered a little too quickly. I can't let one of Kokumajutsu's illusions enter my domain!

Kenshin slightly jumped, startled by the exclamation, as well as her quick answer. "Rune... What's wrong? I'm starting to get really worried."

"I...well...Kenshin would have known that I burned down my library while he was gone," Rune explained quietly. "Which means you're one of the Kokumajutsu's illusions." She had summoned the dagger Galaxian had given her, and stood up, pointing the sharp point in the direction of his head. "So what did you do with my boyfriend?"

"Whoah wait WHAT?!" Kenshin scrambled back before getting up to his feet. "R-Rune, calm down. I wasn't quite listening to you when you mentioned the library."

...Oh boy.

"Exactly what an illusion would say!" she argued, her weapon's point following his head.

Kenshin took a deep breath to hopefully, calm himself. "Okay. Rune... Would an illusion be able to do this?" He summoned his own toxic katana, unsheathing it. He used the tip of the blade to touch a leaf, which sizzled and wilted.

"More illusions?" Rune guessed, dropping her dagger slightly.

Kenshin sighed. "Alright, fine." He tossed his katana behind him, the steel clattering on the floor. "Illusions are just holograms. Real objects or people can go through them, causing the illusion to disappear." He opened his eyes and looked into hers. "So if you really want to know if I'm an illusion or not...stab me with that."

"What!? No, I'm not doing that!" Rune exclaimed, conflicted. "What if you're real? I'll just...kiss you instead." Nervous, she lowered her knife and stepped forward, leaning in to kiss him.

Kenshin's right hand came up and held her head and neck, leaning in as well. He closed his eyes, somehow waiting for the pain from the dagger to enter his body.

Rune let the dagger drop the floor when she felt Kenshin's lips against hers, and didn't pull away. Instead, she found herself wrapping her arms around his neck.

Kenshin wrapped his arms around her, deepening the kiss.

Rune held the kiss a little longer before pulling away, feeling embarrassed as she hugged him close. "I'm sorry I didn't believe you."

Kenshin hugged her back tightly. "It's alright. With what's been going on lately, I don't blame you for being on your guard."

"I know. But you're my boyfriend, Kenshin. I feel really bad for not recognizing you."

"I wasn't really in my right mind, so of course you didn't recognize me."

Rune slightly smiled, releasing the hug. "We should probably eat the food you made. I don't want it to go to waste."

Kenshin nodded and turned, frowning. "Well, it looks like it won't be anyway." The woodland creatures looked up, stopping in their mid-action.

Rune giggled, watching as a few of the animals ran off carrying food in their jaw. "That's ok. I'm sure you've got other other plans?"

"I do?" Kenshin asked. "Oh! I...do," he said nodding as if reassuring himselfUgh, this was where the nice "romantic" whatever flight would've taken place. He looked down and noticed the animals didn't take the dessert. "I guess we can skip to dessert before my next...plan...?"

And his narrator facepalms. Dude, you seriously need to stop ending your sentences with a question mark.

"Sure!" Rune agreed, looking down at the remaining food. "That sounds good."

Kenshin sat back down, uncovering the plate to reveal scotch truffle hearts and mini chocolate eclairs. I hope she takes the right one.

Rune took a seat next to Kenshin and picked up a small chocolate eclair. She winced, her teeth coming down on something hard rather than the soft texture she was expecting. Confused, she felt around with her tongue before coming across something circular and...metal? She took the object out of her mouth, staring at it in confusion before looking at Kenshin. "Was this supposed to be in here?"

Kenshin had taken a bite from the scotch truffle heart and looked at Rune. Just smiling, he swallowed and grabbed the ring from her to clean it. When he showed it to her all clean, it was revealed to be a diamond ring with three small runes on either side of the diamond. He gently lifted her right hand and slipped it on her ring finger. A perfect fit.

Rune just started down at the ring on her finger. "I...I don't know what to say," she whispered, wondering if it was possible to read what the runes said.

"I enchanted the ring to protect you from harm and so that I know where you are. I couldn't bear to live without knowing that you were safe."

Rune chocked up, and she pulled him in for another hug. "I love you," she said, her eyes beginning to water.

Kenshin closed his eyes. "I love you too."

Rune smiled and closed her eyes as she held onto the hug. After what felt like forever, she pulled away, sniffling slightly. "Do the runes say anything?"

Kenshin smirked. "Maybe..." He chuckled and leaned forward, his face close to hers. "Just something to remember me by." He touched her nose with his and pulled back, tossing the rest of the truffle into his mouth.

Rune chuckled. "Then I guess I should try to figure out what it says."

Kenshin stopped chewing when he felt warmth. Turning, he noticed that it stopped raining and the sky was clearing up. He swallowed and stood up, offering his hand to Rune. "Care for another surprise?"

Nodding, Rune stood up and accpeted his hand. "I'm always up for a surprise."

Kenshin led her to the end of the gazebo, where he released Rune's hands and started mumbling a spell. Black smoke poofed in front of him on the grass to reveal a large black and red phoenix. Kenshin walked down the steps to the creature, running his hand in it feathers before climbing on it's back. He leaned forward with his hand outstretched for Rune.

Rune looked at the creature in awe before accepting Kenshin's hand and hopping onto the phoenix behind him. Wrapping her arms around his waist, she asked, "Are we going somewhere?"

"Where else?" Kenshin patted the phoenix and opened its wings, taking to the skies above. It was still slightly gray clouds above, but the phoenix was aiming to break through it. It should be starry by now, Kenshin thought as they broke through the clouds. The lights from the stars was an awing sight indeed. Kenshin smiled, slightly gasping that it worked.

Being actually a little afraid of heights, Rune closed her eyes and buried her head into the back of his shoulder. After hearing Kenshin's gasp, she looked up, surprised to see the stars. "It's beautiful."

Kenshin slightly turned his head back, noticing the feeling of her head in his shoulder. "...Are you afraid of heights?" he asked, feeling ashamed. "I'm sorry." He put a new command on the phoenix who flew a little lower and to a new destination.

"No, I'm sorry," Rune apologized. "I probably should've told you sooner."

The phoenix landed on a mountain ledge, ruffling its feathers. Kenshin slid off and helped Rune down. "I should've at least asked you before the flight."

"It's fine. You were trying to surprise me."

"Well. At least we can still be able to enjoy the stars." He sat down with one knee up, resting his right arm over it.

With a slight smile, Rune sat next to him, resting her head on his shoulder as she looked up. "Yeah."

Kenshin wrapped his arm around her shoulders briefly then released her and leaned forward, letting out a sigh. "I'm sorry, Rune. I just wanted today to be special for you. But, my plans went all amuck. Nothing really went as I planned. But, I guess that's my fault for not understanding Valentine's Day."

"Kenshin, don't be sorry," Rune said, frowning slightly. "This has been the best Valentine's day I've honestly ever had. And who cares if your plans didn't work? Not every plan succeeds, however much you'd like it to."

Kenshin looked back at her. "R-really? Today was the best?" He slightly frowned. "Are you saying that to make me feel better?"

Rune shook her head, smiling now. "Do you think I'd be lying to you about what is probably the best day of my life?"

Kenshin looked away. "I guess not."

"What about you though? Has today been ok at least?"

Kenshin looked out to the horizon, a slight breeze blowing past. He slightly smiled. "I guess it has been a good day. I got to spend it with you."

"Thanks for spending the day with me, even though you had no idea what you were doing half the time," Rune said, stifling a laugh. "It reminded me of our first date."

Kenshin flushed as he frowned--wow, he hasn't done that in a looong time. "Very funny." Smirking he pulled her in, maybe accidentally slightly tickled her and he pulled her to him, basically sitting in between his legs and having her lean on him.

Rune giggled and tried to escape his grasp. She failed and just leaned against him, her smile broadening.

Kenshin sighed and placed his head on top of hers, her sweet smell rising to his nostrils.

Rune would have liked to stay in his arms forever when she found herself asking completely out of the blue, "Do you think we might get married?" She didn't quite realize what she had said until after she said it, at which point she grew completely embarrassed and looked down at her hand that may or may not have been the one wearing the ring.

Kenshin was startled by that. He internally admitted that he kinda thought about it when he was making the ring. His right hand moved over hers, feeling the diamond as he held her hand. "I...I don't see a reason why we wouldn't get married."

Rune felt her face heat up, and she continued to look down at their hands. "But right now we're still dating, right? Not engaged?"

"I suppose so. Because if we were engaged, I think that just might put more pressure on me right now."

Rune nodded slightly before grabbing the hand that was on hers and lacing their fingers together. "Because the last thing we need is for you to snap under pressure. Speaking of pressure, is there something that has you stressed right now?"

"...Besides having Valentine's Day plans go wrong... I just can't help but think about Galaxian and Kokumajutsu. Those two have been on my mind ever since I came back."

"They've been on my mind too," Rune admitted. She actually didn't like saying that, seeing how she's normally a carefree person. "I've tried looking in the crystal ball to find Galaxian but..." She sighed. "I can't find him, and I really feel guilty for pushing him away."

Kenshin continued to stare out at the horizon, pain and guilt reflecting on his face. "I feel as if his disappearance was all my fault. Because I left... I don't blame him if he felt that I abandoned him. It's true. I abandoned everyone."

Rune wasn't entirely sure how to respond, so it took he a minute before she said quietly, "But you came back."

"And now...he's gone." Kenshin's voice went quiet when he finished that as if he was trying to hold his emotions in. "If I didn't leave, you wouldn't have gotten upset, burning your library and sending Galaxian away. It just...all pinpoints to me; the source of all this." Kenshin closed his eyes tightly. His hand that was holding Rune's, was shaking now.

"We'll find him," she reassured, noticing how his hand was shaking. "I promise. And if you need to cry, it's better to let it out then keep it in."

Kenshin slowly released her hand and slightly brought it up to his face. It was shaking more and he tightened it and his jaw as the tears slipped out from his closed eyes.

Rune's hand went up to his face, and she stroked her thumb across his cheek, trying to comfort him.

Kenshin lifted his left hand to cover her hand on his cheek, slowly opening his red eyes {taken in two definitions} and looking at her.

"I'm right here if you need me," she soothed.

Kenshin pressed his cheek against her hand, before kissing it. "...Thank you," he whispered.

"Anytime," she whispered back.

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her

Christian

Mod for CC

Ninja Assassin

Pet Alpha

BF Galaxian

XD it's so long

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Oh wow... O_O

I didn't realize it was that long.... Anywho...

I'm stuck so... I guess we're done? XD

• Posted at:

fallon

She/Her

Christian

Mod for CC

Ninja Assassin

Pet Alpha

BF Galaxian

Sure! 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC