I’ve seen this coming since the release of Home Base. I figured it would be a matter of time before they would retire this place. To put it simply, it’s hella broken and has only gotten worse in the almost two years I’ve been here. It’s going to be rough, but we’re going to get through it. We’re just gonna have to roll with the punches.

We’ve been told it’s going to be rough. Remember, the mods know about as much as what’s gonna happen as we do. This may not have even been their choice to make. You’ve all noticed the changes in the main scholastic site. The login itself is different. It was only a matter of time before the forums would be— I don’t want to say “on the chopping block”, but that’s the best I can come up with.  The move is going to give us all a chance to start fresh. We have the power to shape the Newsfeed the way we want it to be. The mods are listening to us, now more than ever. We can take advantage of that, and help shape it to what we want. 

Will it be a bit of a culture shock? Yes. But that’s good. This is going to take down the physical barrier of separate forums, and turning it into one big community (Becky calls us the Hubbles, but I refuse that name when “Homies” is literally right there).

We’ve been given time to prepare, save what we can so that we can move it when the time comes. Be grateful that we have that opportunity. I know there’s a lot of nostalgia in this site, but eventually we have to let go of that. You don’t need to see the thread to remember what happened: the oldies are a testament to that. 

I can get all sentimental.  I can say that this site is not the forums. We, the people who give it life and color, are. But you already know that. Getting rid of the forums does not get rid of us. 

I know it’s scary. Change always is. But I believe wholeheartedly that this is for the better. I agree with this change, and while I know it’s going to be tough, I know it’s going to be good for us. We’re just gonna have to give it time, and we’re going to help make it happen. Rome wasn’t built in a day, but many hands make light work. 

To the mods: Thank you for telling us and laying out everything you could. It makes things a lot easier for us than stumbling around in the dark. Transparency is key in things like this, and I really appreciate it. Communication between forumers and mods have vastly improved these past months and I have a very high respect for what you do for us. I can tell you all care a lot about what you’re doing, and you have a lot of faith in Home Base, so I’ll try to do the same. Y’all are great and I appreciate each and every one of you, even the people we don’t always get to see working behind the scenes. Thank you. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

the forums are not a place, it's a people

• Posted at:

happeh  

people come into our lives for a reason

bringing something we must learn

we are led to those who help us most to grow

we help them in return

i don't know if i believe that's true

but i know i'm who i am today

because i knew you

thanks dad

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Queen of Non SequiturBookwyrmsPangolinsand Bones

Trash Squad, WerewolfGASTER FOLLOWER

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WoFMBer Dec. 2014-Mar. 2019

Thank you, thank you for making this post. It made me feel a lot better about what's to come.

• Posted at:

Call me "Hawk"

I'm am not Hawk soom wood sai I'm am da Raverze! +I'm Indigo Pizza!!!+

"Letting go is like getting a massage. You'll feel pain, but once you accept that pain, there will be calm." - Hawk. Me.

@Ish, thank you so much. You actually have no idea how much better this made me feel.

• Posted at:

Falcon

↠She/Her↞

↠Proud Latter-Day Saint↞

↠Let This Promise In Me Start↞

↠Like An Anthem In My Heart↞

↠From Now On↞

thank you papa smurf

• Posted at:

necro(mancer).

creator of CoI, the PJO FWRP (/355313)

the heart wants what it wants

and what it wants

is to burst out of your chest and terrorize people. it's an alien, remember?

Thanks, Dad *hugs* I'll make sure to remember.

• Posted at:

call me Eliza

"To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." ~Albus Dumbledore

Oh yes, oh yes, IT'S SPRINGTIME!

WE are not Forumers.

WE are the Forums.

And we all have the power of Wings of Fire.

We goin' to the other side...

This also made me feel a lot better. Do you think you should put it on the mod-thread?

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Each of us bear our own cross

Come and talk to me;  341245 ]

[ | She/her | MN | Since 7/31/17 | ]

Now @ moonflying31   :D

Well you make a great point, We will all miss this place.  tHaNkS DaD

• Posted at:

₮ł₲ɆⱤ

triplet with Rune and Time. 

est.[June21st][2017] ☆2,820☆

Never be afraid to be yourself,

For we're all wonderfully unique,

In our own way. 

Rip.

It'll be a culture shock because some will have no more culture...aka those who can't access HB. *buries face in hands* Sorry for being so pessimistic. But Ishmael's right, @All. Change is most of the time surprising. We'll have to change along with it.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

change is inevitable.

hopefully the mods will be able to change HB so more people will be able to access it. 

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

This is my Forumfic sign-up thread: /339280, If you want to read it, here: /340457

Triplets with Rune and Tiger

I'm thinking of putting something here for the end of the fourms but idk yet.

Icy Spicy!

@Galaxian

can I use that quote?

"change is most of the time surprising. We'll have to change along with it.

• Posted at:

Falcon

↠She/Her↞

↠Proud Latter-Day Saint↞

↠Let This Promise In Me Start↞

↠Like An Anthem In My Heart↞

↠From Now On↞

@Galaxian, it's still possible that they can fix the problem that will not let you access the home base. But either way, I also want to say thanks. You were the first friend I made when I came to the SAMB. You will likely not remember, but I just wanted to say. Hope we'll see you around!

• Posted at:

can't think of anything  put here.

Thanks a lot, Ish. :)

I hope I’ll see you around at Home Base.

• Posted at:

✦ <> Silverskies <> ✦

♫ QueeoScrollanLibraries ♫

~<>~ ”To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” ~Aristotle ~<>~

*stands at attention and salutes forums* We all had great memories here. My irl friends would love to meet each and everyone of you. I will stay here to the end of my days. My name will be made literal as I burn each and everyone of us names here. We WILL NEVER be forgotten 

• Posted at:

Throw me to the crowd,I’ll come back leading them in a riot. 

He/Him

Call me Burner

Fanwing

Demigod

Forum cousin:Rune

Spartan brother with Alphawolf 

God of war, darkness and night 

@Falcon -- I don't mind. xD My quotes are bad.

@Liyo -- In fact, I haven't forgotten. Thanks for remembering. :)

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

First we must see what is given, and look back on what will be taken in exchange. Decide if you’re going to continue living within these melting corridors, or come with those that have entered a fire-proof room.

• Posted at:

^¥Ash Spawn¥^

He/Him

Slitherin

Forum Family: Zane, Ruby

What some call sands of time, I call the ashes of age.

Afterall, that’s what’ll be left behind in the end, ashes.

Thank you for stopping my crying and giving me a speckle of hope with this speech.

But, how will we find each other again once on Homebase? I made an account with my same user, but I don’t know many of the forumers will do likewise 

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Friendly Neighborhood Fangirl

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

I’m really going to miss the forums. I love all of you! Please find me on homebase! My user is the same!

*sniffle* This is really beautiful. Yes, Home Base will take some getting used to, and it may be harder to access, but most of us will still be there, all ready to laugh, cry, roleplay, incorrect quote, yeet, complain about Lil Phil just like we’ve always done :D

• Posted at:

)Ocean/Nemo {she/her/they/them}

LGBTQIA+ - Nerd

January 2019 - March 2019

Stars- 862

Forum Sisters: Legacy and Kitsune

Always do good. This will gratify some people, 

and astonish the rest.” -Mark Twain

DON’T PANIC

I’ll be back

I assume we have to constantly identify ourselves on chat until we start remembering. I myself am awful at putting usernames to people, but I've gone through things very similar to this many times before and I was able to adapt.

Once the newsfeed is up, we could have a masterlist of usernames and nicknames if there isn't a signature function. or, we could put our own signatures at the end of every post, albeit very simplified.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but those of you who are unable to make the switch for one reason or another, you will be greatly missed. I hope you can find some other way to maintain contact and maybe even rejoin our ranks someday, but I know that may not be the case. If these are your last few weeks with all of us, I want you to know that from the bottom of my heart I care deeply about your wellbeing and wish only the best for you in life. be careful out there, not everyone is as nice as us. Anyone, no matter how new, has made an impact on this forum and I want you to remember that. Some may make bigger impacts than others but you made an impact, and no one can ever do what you did.

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

Can we all at least not be so gray and moody, and rather make this month colorful and bright to at least look at, even if we're sad?

• Posted at:

Zodiak

A quiet voice in a room filled with sound

Another chance, another choice, another go around

Est. 6/25/2016

Exactly 1740 Stars

"Please, remember it all..."

#IStoleSanetra'sCupcakes

Thank you for this Ish. I honestly didn't know what I would do once this place is gone. But for now and until the forum's ultimate end, I'll be saving my stuff so that I'll have it at HB. 

Also, my user for HB is the same as here.

• Posted at:

{Hyperbole}

{She/her} 

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." George Shaw 

Here to the end, and will be there in our new home.

"The forums are not a place, it's a people." Happeh

@Zodiak: Agreed.

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

This is my Forumfic sign-up thread: /339280, If you want to read it, here: /340457

Triplets with Rune and Tiger

I'm thinking of putting something here for the end of the fourms but idk yet.

Icy Spicy!

I think this quote is relevant to the topic

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that's why it's called the present"

• Posted at:

Cormorant

She/her

Star count (before Home Base migration): 531

Account created in 2013

Started using the forms in 2017

”Think before you do something, it’ll save you from a detention, also don’t procrastinate”

All I want to say is, the forums is and forever will be a big part of my life, although I've been here for less than a year, I've never felt so...accepted in...probably all of the 6 different schools I've gone to so far. You guys have no idea how much each and every one of you mean to me. I'll try to stay active on HB but I'll most likely just disappear...

• Posted at:

Marine Fangirl Nerd

PercyJacksonForever

Fangirl + Nerd = A Blue Banana 

# šīñgüłårįtÿ

star count: 1,822

Give up is N0T a statement

#cellosquad