*awkward cough* welcome back to my youtube channel. be sure to hit the subscribe button. i wanna thank my patreon supporters—

hi. how does one start a post like this? 

*twiddles thumbs bc awkwardness why not* so like. i started here in january 2016, (though my post history will tell you otherwise because literally a year of my posts went oof). for those of you who are too lazy to do math, that makes this my third year of being on the forums. 

idk how many of you know me anymore, because i haven't been very active since last year, but hi. i'm hiraeth, and i used to go by rubylav(ender). for a long time, this place was my life. i had an incredible amount of time and energy invested in the forums. it allowed me to connect with people i wouldn't be able to otherwise. this place has taught me a lot of things. it's shown me a lot of new perspectives and broadened my horizons in way i'm sure i never would have discovered if i didn't come here. so even though i was addicted to this place, even though this place caused a lot of disruption in my life in the real world, i don't regret coming on here. 

most of the people from my early days have left now and moved on. but newer people have come in, and although y'all aren't the same, the same enthusiastic spirit that drew me and so many others in to the forums is still there. 

the community here—you guys—are what made this place great. and it's sad to know that there are some users who we won't be able to see anymore after the forums. it's sad that there are people who Home Base is forcing us to leave behind.

but, hey. lots of our friends are still coming to home base. (and hopefully, since the forums are about to close, mods will slack up on banning and y'all can find some ways to keep in touch with those who can't come to home base on outside websites.)

wherever this community goes, that place will continue to be just as great as the forums. it's the spirit, not the location. 

i just want to remind everyone to be strong. part of life is change. (but just remember to pay attention to your real life to, okay? you should always feel free to take a break from the forums.)

this post has been difficult for me to write, probably because i'm not used to writing inspirational things (or maybe even just not used to posting much here anymore). but anyway, i hope my message came through. actually, i'm not really sure what my main point was.

anyway. i don't know. i will undoubtedly miss this place. this place holds a lot of memories for me, both good and bad. and it's always sad to see a large chunk of memories disappear. but this place is moving on. and maybe it's time for me to move on too.

stay strong :) 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

jan. 2016—march 2019

star count: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

who has the time to hesitate?

update: Home Base doesn't seem to work on my computer anymore, though it did initially. i suppose technically i could download the app and try to see what happens, but my phone is an older model and i'm not sure if i really want to use up my storage on something i don't particularly enjoy. unless something changes, i guess that means i won't be seeing you on the other side. 

bye friends :) 

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

jan. 2016—march 2019

star count: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

who has the time to hesitate?

Noooo! I hope it will start working again.

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

"Teach me how to say goodbye"

"Rise up! Rise up! Rise up! Eliza!"

"My love, take your time"

"I'll see you on the other side"

"Raise a glass to freedom"

2014-2019