I personally HATE it, although I haven't read it. I'd say it's the story of a compelte jerk and his undeserved friends disguised in emotion. No offense. So I want to see why so many people like it so much. Why do you think people like it?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

U

Um

Umi

Umia

Umiak

UmiakT

UmiakTh

UmiakThe

UmiakTheS

UmiakTheSe

UmiakTheSea

UmiakTheSeaw

UmiakTheSeawi

UmiakTheSeawin

UmiakTheSeawing

UmiakTheSeawin

UmiakTheSeawi

UmiakTheSeaw

UmiakTheSea

UmiakTheSe

UmiakTheS

UmiakThe

UmiakTh

UmiakT

Umiak

Umia

Umi

Um

U

First, if you haven't read it, you have no right to judge.  Second, you don't have to like the character to like the story.  I personally like it because it has background on the world and it's characters.  It's main character isn't the 'perfect hero', or even a hero at all.  But you get to look into his mind and see how he thinks and feels and that he thinks he's the good guy, even though he isn't.  Not only that, but it also has Clearsight and Fathom's POVs, so you can see how Darkstalker changes through their eyes as well.  And the book shows that, while he is not the hero, and he is not perfect, he also isn't all bad.  And his sister is awesome.

Srsly, read the book.  You don't have to like Darkstalker, but it's always interesting to hear how the villain sees things.

• Posted at:

Call me <  Andalite  >

Proud Christian!

#RavenclawPride

#IDoNotSupportSame-GenderShipping

I am a girl

Fluent in sarcasm ~ My T-Shirt

Andalite said it very well, I personally don't really like Darkstalker, but I don't think he's a jerk. He does what he thinks is best, and goes about them the wrong way. That doesn't make him a jerk.

• Posted at:

Call me "Hawk"

I'm am not Hawk soom wood sai I'm am da Raverze! +I'm Indigo Pizza!!!+

"Letting go is like getting a massage. You'll feel pain, but once you accept that pain, there will be calm." - Hawk. Me.

I've read that all villains think they are the hero.  Darkstalker portrays that very well, without making him seem too 'misunderstood'.

• Posted at:

Call me <  Andalite  >

Proud Christian!

#RavenclawPride

#IDoNotSupportSame-GenderShipping

I am a girl

Fluent in sarcasm ~ My T-Shirt

As others have said, it's...extremely questionable that you've formed such a strong opinion on the book without even having read it. I personally like it because one, it's a good look into backstory and different characters we don't really see that have a fairly large effect in the series' present timeline, and I actually like Darkstalker. He's an extremely complex character, more so than various main characters in the main WoF series. Granted, that doesn't mean I thought he was justified in his actions, but he's a very interesting character.

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

jan. 2016—march 2019

star count: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

who has the time to hesitate?

Andalite put it well. I personally really enjoy books from the villains point of view, and like to hear why the villains did what they did. It also provides a lot of good background information for the main series.

• Posted at:

Zodiak

A quiet voice in a room filled with sound

Another chance, another choice, another go around

Est. 6/25/2016

Exactly 1740 Stars

"Please, remember it all..."

#IStoleSanetra'sCupcakes

I know what happens. I don't ever want to read it. So there, I will judge.

• Posted at:

U

Um

Umi

Umia

Umiak

UmiakT

UmiakTh

UmiakThe

UmiakTheS

UmiakTheSe

UmiakTheSea

UmiakTheSeaw

UmiakTheSeawi

UmiakTheSeawin

UmiakTheSeawing

UmiakTheSeawin

UmiakTheSeawi

UmiakTheSeaw

UmiakTheSea

UmiakTheSe

UmiakTheS

UmiakThe

UmiakTh

UmiakT

Umiak

Umia

Umi

Um

U

What happens isn't just the book. It's the emotions also, and all of the other stuff. Just knowing what happens doesn't tell you anything, you need to know the true story, the true emotions.

• Posted at:

Call me "Hawk"

I'm am not Hawk soom wood sai I'm am da Raverze! +I'm Indigo Pizza!!!+

"Letting go is like getting a massage. You'll feel pain, but once you accept that pain, there will be calm." - Hawk. Me.

Don't judge a book by it's cover. Simple advice, I suggest you take it to heart.

• Posted at:

~Currently listening to the How To Train Your Dragon soundtrack and crying~

Call me by Neo. Yes, like that dude from The Matrix.

I am in a tired state, yet I can't sleep.

I personally enjoy the book, I can't entirely pin down why, maybe it's the fact they don't make him a misunderstood character you must have sympathy for, even though he turns a dragon into a small sculpture, or the fact you get both the villian and the heroes POV, or the fact you learn more about Pyrrhia's history, it could be a lot of reasons.

But if you want to go about judging a book by it's cover and hate it despite never reading it, I won't stop you, or force you to change your mind, don't think I even can since you have such a strong opinion on the subject.

• Posted at:

Cormorant

She/her

Star count (before Home Base migration): 531

Account created in 2013

Started using the forms in 2017

”Think before you do something, it’ll save you from a detention, also don’t procrastinate”