When I first found this place, I thought it was incredible. I'd never seen anyone, online or in real life, who seemed so much like me. I practically begged my parents to let me join, and I was overjoyed when they did. At first, I was cringeworthy and arrogant - I expected my ridiculously convoluted stories (starring Mary Sue, Gary Stu, and Sarah Smu) would get showered with stars and praise. My first time in a flame war was even worse. At the time, I felt that the best way to show my emotions on the matter was with a ridiculously large anger emoji. But since then, I've gotten more mature. My stories are better, I don't anger as easily, and I've grown in a lot of other ways, too. You guys were a huge part of that, and when I was having a hard time in the real world, you were there for me. You're some of the most creative, funny, and kind people I've ever encountered, and I've found some of my best friends here. I'm so, so glad that I found this place, even if it is getting taken down. For some reason, I used to think that this place would last forever - that I'd only leave when I turned 18, that I might still check in to see how this place was doing and look back at who I used to be, maybe that I'd even become a mod and do everything I was mad the mods weren't doing. That last one was more of a daydream than something I actually thought would happen, but it still hurts. Since Becky is maybe the second mod who's ever actually listened to any of us, the news hurt even more coming from her. I know all the reasons the mods gave for doing this, and I know that they make sense, but I wish they'd asked us what we thought before making the decision to delete this place. But the mods aren't the focus of this post - you are. Every single one of you has changed my life. I miss everyone I knew that left, and I'm going to miss everyone who can't move to Home Base. Most of all, I love every single one of you and what you've done here.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Firework

December 2015-March 2019

3992 stars

/357093

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you

I have been changed

For good

Poke

• Posted at:

Firework

December 2015-March 2019

3992 stars

/357093

But because I knew you

I have been changed

For good

Firework, we've never been particularly close, but you were most definitely a person who I respected and admired, and I still do today. I relate to a lot of what you've posted here, and I hope I see you around. 

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

jan. 2016—march 2019

star count: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

who has the time to hesitate?

Hiraeth, I... I've looked up to you for a while now. When I first joined, I feel like we argued a lot, but that's been over for a while, and I'm glad. I don't know if you're coming to Home Base - I hope you are - but either way, I'm going to miss your posts. Hearing this from you really means a lot to me.

• Posted at:

Firework

December 2015-March 2019

3992 stars

/357093

But because I knew you

I have been changed

For good

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! That is so sweet i legitamitly have a stomach ache from it.

• Posted at:

SCIENTIST!!!(nickname)

There are equal amounts of bacteria in and on your body, as there are cells in your body, meaning that you are not just your cells, you are an amalgamate of creatures that form together to create you.

@Scientist: That's good, I guess?

• Posted at:

Firework

December 2015-March 2019

3992 stars

/357093

But because I knew you

I have been changed

For good

Poke

• Posted at:

Firework

December 2015-March 2019

3992 stars

/357093

But because I knew you

I have been changed

For good