Small image from ios  1  19a7f48469

Brrr-cky B : admin

Hi everyone! The Newsfeed update is now live on web and iOS in Home Base, and will be up on Android in a few hours. You can check it out now! 

Here's a little rundown of what's new in this update:

-The Newsfeed: You can now post text and create comics - talk about your favorite book series and write your own stories!
-Take Selfies: Get ready to strike a pose and take selfies with your friends. You can use them in the comic creator!
-New avatar items: Did someone say new onesies? Because there are new onesies.
-New games: Fly fast in Speed Wings and get accurate with Venom Victory, our two new Wings of Fire games
-Level up rewards: Leveling up isn't just for show, now you get reward tokens every level (and maybe something extra special every 5)
-Various game balances: We played all the games a ton to make the rewards you get feel more fair
-Other various bug fixes/small UI adjustments (weird red square around chat text...begone!)

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out now!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

first

• Posted at:

)Ocean/Nemo {she/her/they/them}

LGBTQIA+ - Nerd

January 2019 - March 2019

Stars- 862

Forum Sisters: Legacy and Kitsune

Always do good. This will gratify some people, 

and astonish the rest.” -Mark Twain

DON’T PANIC

I’ll be back

Yay!

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

Sounds cool, can’t wait to check it out when I can! (Might be able to see if it works on another computer this weekend)

• Posted at:

LGBTQIA+ - Nerd

Stars- 862

DON’T PANIC

I’ll be back

third

• Posted at:

-=+Deisma+=-

She | her | SandWing

Forum sibs: Zane, Prism, Jacquelyn,

Glamour & Nimarfira

"We arnot doing get help."

"We don't want to change,

We just want to change everything!"

A Talon in Three Worlds: /353086

I mean fourth

• Posted at:

-=+Deisma+=-

She | her | SandWing

Forum sibs: Zane, Prism, Jacquelyn,

Glamour & Nimarfira

"We arnot doing get help."

"We don't want to change,

We just want to change everything!"

A Talon in Three Worlds: /353086

Oh..

• Posted at:

"Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark"~Rabindranath Tagore

*:・゚.✧:・゚

Oh look! My army of adorableness!

.✧ *:・.

Forum Bro:Cloudburst 

Yay it's live!

Becky, I don't know if you have seen my thread about it yet but I am having a party in HB tonight and I wanted to invite you! I thought a mod would appreciate some time off to talk with us young forumers and also the DANCING that will probably happen....

The party will start between 6:30-7:00 PM CST tonight. I don't know if you have the time for it or would be interested, but I decided to tell you just in case 

• Posted at:

Hey, I'm Tidalwave!

I am,

Seawing,

Dragon Rider,

Pegasister,

And a Christian!

SeaWings are the best tribe. Fite me

So...I got halfway through making a post on the Newsfeed and it lagged me out of the server and then crashed the game

(I'll probably come back with more thoughts if I can get access to a computer that A) has a functioning keyboard and B) won't lag so much that I can't use it.)

Even ignoring the dysfunctional lag, as far as I can tell that interface is not going to work well for posting fanfic, which is half the reason I'm here

Do we have things like italics and bolding? What about different fonts/sizes/colors? Does this thing even have basic text editing functions? It doesn't look like it. I would have tested it, but it, y'know, crashed from lag

Is it going to display the entire post on the front page? 'Cause if so, the devs need to pay more attention to how we actually use these forums. #GiveUsBackPostTitles2k19

...Do you have the entire game loaded in the background while Newsfeed is open or something??

Maybe some of these problems aren't actually problems. I don't know. I can't tell, because as I may have mentioned, it's so laggy it doesn't function.

These old forums may be a glitchy broken disaster with a million problems, but they actually work for people, and that makes them superior to all the shiny and new but unusably laggy games in the world.

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Queen of Non SequiturBookwyrmsPangolinsand Bones

Trash Squad, WerewolfGASTER FOLLOWER

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WoFMBer Dec. 2014-Mar. 2019

i am so excited about the new books of wings of fire that have came out 

• Posted at:

Comics crop weirdly on mobile

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

hey becky? before the forums go, can you make it were the home base doesn't need fast internet to go on? 

• Posted at:

DISMAY

"i was lost and was afraid, i believed all of their lies, i believed that i was safe, and that i would never die, now I'm alone, ive been hiding in the dark, i just want to go home, but my deeds send me to far" - from the song afton family

Yay!

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Friendly Neighborhood Fangirl

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

I’m really going to miss the forums. I love all of you! Please find me on homebase! My user is the same!

That's good, thank you becky

• Posted at:

₮ł₲ɆⱤ

triplet with Rune and Time. 

est.[June21st][2017] ☆2,820☆

Never be afraid to be yourself,

For we're all wonderfully unique,

In our own way. 

Rip.

@becky is it an update? Cuz I’m on IOS and it’s not showing.  

• Posted at:

Call me ☭Prism️a⚜️

Your crying forum communist

HE/HIM

Eagle Scout

#isurvivedriskyreels

#nidusgang

forum familee: Stormbringer, Amarok

Forum Twin: Crow

☭☭☭☭

Joined November 2018

star count:207

The forums are falling apart...

Never mind the fact that it doesn't work. Nice...!

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

update: i somehow got the onscreen keyboard to work with homebase on my surface tablet, which is kind of fast enough to run the game, but then it froze and when i reloaded it was no longer working. so.

also: i was hoping for, you know, a forum, not lame ripoff instagram

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

um, becky, I went on, and have noticed quite a few similarities between the newsfeed and twitter.

that is NOT what we want. AT ALL.

I was COMPLETELY unexpecting this, I was expecting it to be something similar to this, but smoother, and more along the lines of home base's design, not a twitter-for-kids.

please change this, make it more like the MBs. because whoever thought this would be more appealing, thought terrribly wrong.

• Posted at:

night

the last corn has been cut,

the last tracks torn up, 

but beyond the peaks standing tall

lies fields extending to the shore

and soon we will push through the rainfall

and fill our new home with the dragon's roar

I’m tbh kind I confused with the whole set up. Would you consider putting a tutorial on there to show us how to use Newsfeed to our best ability before the forums are gone?

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Friendly Neighborhood Fangirl

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

I’m really going to miss the forums. I love all of you! Please find me on homebase! My user is the same!

If you read my post, you can see what I meant. It's honestly confusing and jumbled.

• Posted at:

~((-Bad Apple-))~

She/Her/Bad Luck

LGBTanProud

QueeOCurseanShapeshifting

DeitoMagicOdditiesAnShapeshifting

ThinTherISomethinWronWitMe

UwU

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thought of Twitter.

The buttons definitely need labels. I don't speak your nonstandard pictograph language.

My most important complaint, though, is I'm not sure you developers understand your demographic. People who gravitate towards forum environments DO NOT WANT a game. If we wanted a game we would seek out a game, but I for one actually prefer the simple, primarily text-based interface of a forum. Especially when it works.

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

I looked at the screenshot of the Newsfeed given on the forum closing announcement thread- while I certainly haven’t seen the whole thing yet, could it be possible to add titles to the posts and have an option to hide extra text, that way we could at least temporarily have something that works more like the forums? Again, I haven’t seen it, so I don’t really know what’s going on, but I just thought I’d put this out there.

• Posted at:

LGBTQIA+ - Nerd

Stars- 862

DON’T PANIC

I’ll be back

I have a Macbook Air, OS High Sierra, and I can't look at the comments. I can't scroll down to view them, although I can comment.

I use Safari and my version is 10.13.6

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, hence why I am posting here.

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

"Teach me how to say goodbye"

"Rise up! Rise up! Rise up! Eliza!"

"My love, take your time"

"I'll see you on the other side"

"Raise a glass to freedom"

2014-2019

In addition to what others have said, I also find it ridiculously hard to scroll down D:

(Web, on PC)

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts

i mean, the meme creator you gave us (which may or may not have been a good idea) is flappin AWESOME

but other than that, please change it

• Posted at:

night

the last corn has been cut,

the last tracks torn up, 

but beyond the peaks standing tall

lies fields extending to the shore

and soon we will push through the rainfall

and fill our new home with the dragon's roar

I GOT IT

• Posted at:

lıllı ıllıl

ѕнє | нєя

6-22-18

|+ᎠꂅBᕱϮꂅᏒ+

мυѕιcιan

+IceWings!+

I’m b|r|o|k|e|n but I hide it with a e 

P.E.R.S.O.N.A Mod

Forum Fam: Pluto, Atlas, Galaxian  

this isnt non-neurotypical friendly at all 

• Posted at:

A curious case, a reckless infection

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

It's a statewide inspection

Wait HB works on iOS??? WOOP

• Posted at:

Daydreathe Mad Dragon

"You're not going to believe me either way, so truly, truly... does it matter what I say?"

"The clocks are running low, you can go ahead and scream.

Yet remember to wake up! For what's truth? Once you daydream...?"

Small image from ios  1  19a7f48469

Brrr-cky B : admin

@Grif I was talking to Legacy earlier specifically about the colors in the Newsfeed causing anxiety and what we could do about it. Is it the dark blue/white combo that causes issues for you? Would having multiple color schemes/a dark theme/colorblind mode help? Or is the Newsfeed layout itself unfriendly?

And for everyone - please throw all your 100% perfect ideal visions for the newsfeed at me. All the features you'd want to see, changes you'd make to the appearance, everything. We will be talking about updates to it soon and while we have a bunch of stuff I think we should add or change, when I can show screenshots of your opinions it helps prove which stuff is wanted/needed.

We are very.very. aware that role playing and other things you're used to doing are hard if not impossible in the current setup. We wanted you to have something post-forumpocalypse, even if that something isn't at 100% power. We will make changes over the next few months to take into account what we already know we have to change (the way comments work and scrolling, for instance) and things you push for (like post titles). 

We may have unleashed something terrifying but I am very entertained by your memes. There was one I saw with a sparrow in space that I want to print out and have next to my desk at all times. Very glad you are enjoying that aspect. We will be adding more images for the comic creator, including Spirit Animals images.

• Posted at:

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out now!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

I'll send in some ideas soon!

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

"Teach me how to say goodbye"

"Rise up! Rise up! Rise up! Eliza!"

"My love, take your time"

"I'll see you on the other side"

"Raise a glass to freedom"

2014-2019

This probably isn't possible but what if people could submit their own images to be added to the approved images database? They would have to be manually scanned by mods, but each user is only allowed to submit a picture every day or so to avoid giant floods of pictures.

• Posted at:

bluedolphin8423

CHRISTIAN!

^ These two have been and will be up here till the day we're gone.

LUPA 2647

February or July 2015 – March 2019

the forum nostalgia pile

remember the lost. that's what matters.

ClerilisaFRUIT

Toasteril

balegu

Once again, I haven’t tried Newsfeed yet, but I’m going off of the sneak preview and what everyone else is saying- Ishmael mentioned that HTML coding works for colouring and fonts, but I’m not sure if/how it works on mobile, and a pre-existing text modification system would make things way simpler!

Yes, there should possibly be some way to change the colours in the background a bit- maybe let people choose what Font color and have an option for slightly simpler typeface for anyone who might find the current one hard to read or otherwise difficult. And the option to label the buttons on the side would be nice- as someone who doesn’t understand pictures very well, it’d be awesome to have that option, but it could still be turned off for someone who enjoys simpler, sleeker designs.

I am not neurotypical- while it’s not a huge deal for me it bugs me a little bi

To add to what I’ve said above, some kind of PM would be nice- still moderated and filtered by mods and all, but that way we can talk without worrying about stalkers or crashers. I totally understand that it’s a bit of a tricky thing, but I think it’d be nice to see. 

(@Newsfeed players: Is there a post searching feature there? Post history checking? Are posts dated?)

• Posted at:

LGBTQIA+ - Nerd

Stars- 862

DON’T PANIC

I’ll be back

It's the layout, mostly- it's very 'violent' looking- maybe make the white a paler blue for those who are triggered by / are senstive to the contrasting colours (yes being able to choose the colour scheme helps- i find it hard to see stuff that isnt in 'night mode' for example), or make the large boxes smaller and 'contained' (see how these have top bars showing the topic you're on?) 

It could also help to have the icons explained? I only know what, like, 2 icons do and thats because I accidentally reported something lol 

• Posted at:

A curious case, a reckless infection

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

It's a statewide inspection

Becky, you gotta help me, Homebase won't load for me!

• Posted at:

{Zane}

/354852

REMEMBER THE ONES WHO COULDN'T MAKE IT

"Dawn of a New day: 72 hours remaining."  Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask.

@Becky - thanks! It’s a relief to know that this isn’t the final version, I was worried. Suggestions:

A) like everyone else mentioned, multiple fonts, colors, and sizes would be really really appreciated. I’d like siggies, too, but I know that that’s something that’s already being pushed for.

B) I don’t know how possible this is, but I’d enjoy being able to scan our own pictures. It would probably wreak havoc with the filters, so :( , but I got really excited when it was originally mentioned that we would be able to share comics — which I assumed meant actual comics featuring original art, so I could finally show all the cool people here my WoF artwork, character designs, etc and recieve feedback.

C) you know how on the MBs you’re brought to a new page when you click on a post, and you can view it fully? I’d like to see that on NF, for the sake of organization and ease of perusing. Similar to the “we want post titles” thing.

D) kind of ties into B), but could there be a doodle format? There’s a comic option, and text option, and I would really like an option to use my fingers or a mouse to illustrate. It doesn’t have to be very advanced, just a straight line w/ various color options, but I kind of really would like it!

E) actually not a request, but let me say, I really appreciate all that you’re doing! It’s very kind of you guys to respect the preexistant community here and listen to our feedback and even potentially act on it. Thank you for easing this painful process!

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

do unto a bro what you would have

other bros do unto your own bro

⸺⸻~2,500⸻⸺

[ Come and talk to me;  341245 ]

[ She/her | MN | Since 7/31/17 | ]

Wow HB really isn’t battery-friendly

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

do unto a bro what you would have

other bros do unto your own bro

⸺⸻~2,500⸻⸺

[ Come and talk to me;  341245 ]

[ She/her | MN | Since 7/31/17 | ]

YES! I'm really glad that they got this in before the closing so that if I couldn't access it, I would be able to ask someone. Thank you so much, Becky! 

• Posted at:

~νιχєη~

"The child should know that he'miracle,

That sincthe beginning of time there hasn't been,

And to the end of the world there won't be, 

Anothechild like him."

(She/her)

Est. 2/19/2017

Besides the filter, could there be some kind of search like on the Forums?  That would make things easier when we start RPing. 

Lables would be nice on the buttons, and if not that, then explaining them in a tutorial would be great.

You may already have this, but is there a way to see if friends are online in HB?  I can't tell, and with my slow(ish) internet it would be good to know if they are on and what world they are in, rather then world-hopping to check the chat.

The memes are awesome btw!

• Posted at:

Call me <  Andalite  >

Proud Christian!

#RavenclawPride

#IDoNotSupportSame-GenderShipping

I am a girl

Fluent in sarcasm ~ My T-Shirt

I cant play homebase.... it's sad.... because the internet is slow. VERY SLOW!!! :(

• Posted at:

Question: how are we going to continue our RPs and fanfictions? There's no fonts or colors, and the comments don't always show up.

• Posted at:

Firework

December 2015-March 2019

3992 stars

/357093

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you

I have been changed

For good

1 ,