I'm, to be honest, disappointed.

All of the Mods (Ansbert, Becky, and Michael shoutout) are lovely as always, but it's Newsfeed itself that makes me fearful.

It feels like Twitter or Instagram due to it's less writing-based (bold and fonts and writing stuff) and more quick behavior (With confusing pictographs), and as a person who doesn't like social media (It makes me feel stressed since I can't go into deep conversations, maybe join Tumbler in the future (a few years in terms of time, later years of high school or early collage ones) but that's a maybe) (I only stay on for Aquarium news (I got a volunteering job) on Insta), I'm saddened. It doesn't feel compatible with Forumfics, Planning Threads, Roleplays, Forum-wide Roleplays, with a maybe on Homethreads. I have yet to find titles, italics, color, bold, underline, or strike. The formerly mentioned require all of these. Newsfeed feels more like a quick post (Like social media) rather than a deep, long one that you need for a good story. That's why I joined the Forums in the first place, to talk about WoF and tell stories. If I can't do these, then I'm going to have a difficult time with this new replacement of the MB. Not only that problem, it also combines with whole game running in the background, causing my modern and fast running computer to lag. It's really difficult to stay on for a while, which is important for RP's and writing stories. It also lacks a copy and paste function, which is important for writing stories and explanations quickly. If I can't copy, it will takes some time to reply or simply add a story chapter. This reminds me of the Club Penguin Island disaster and Disney Create's legacy.

I hope it changes and it'll be more forum-like, but I am a pessimist by nature, and I do feel even more sad about our Forum's fate.

Imagine this RP POV without italics and color.

Aes flicked their tail, feeling both bored and excited as the experiment slowly came to its climax. Any moment now, the crimson liquid would turn blue. This could help explain the differences between draconic deities ichor and human blood. If Aes knew why, they could explain why deities are only dragons, and are not humans or snakes or birds. "Are you done staring at that thing?" The Historian (Specifically Annalis, the female head that chronicles narratives) called out from her side of the lair. 

"Shh! We are almost there, mate!" Aes chriped back, their mechanical eye twitching a bit. Istoría, the head that cared about human history sighed, his crest bobbing slightly.

"Why do you stare so much, isn't that why you are lacking an eye?" Aes's organic eye looked back at him and the rest.

"Speak for yourself, you have glasses." All five of the Historian's heads stopped and looked at Aes, mumuring. The main head, Historian groaned, allowing Aes to confirm they had roasted their hydra friend. After that groan, Aes roared pridefully when the chemicals turned red. "Guys! Look! We have done it!" 
"Congrats, friend!" Historian cheered, xer fins flared happily. Aes's wings flapped with joy.

"Yeah, only fifteen more experiments to go!" Aes called before returning to their data analysis. All five of the Historian's heads sighed. After that exchange, the vicious cycle of congratulating and experimenting continued.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Requiem/Legacy

"Teach me how to say goodbye"

"Rise up! Rise up! Rise up! Eliza!"

"My love, take your time"

"I'll see you on the other side"

"Raise a glass to freedom"

2014-2019

exactly. just as i and many others feared: club penguin island all over again.

• Posted at:

bluedolphin8423

CHRISTIAN!

^ These two have been and will be up here till the day we're gone.

LUPA 2647

February or July 2015 – March 2019

the forum nostalgia pile

remember the lost. that's what matters.

ClerilisaFRUIT

Toasteril

balegu

wait where in HB is newsfeed located, I just went on and couldn't find it

• Posted at:

Zodiak

A quiet voice in a room filled with sound

Another chance, another choice, another go around

Est. 6/25/2016

Exactly 1740 Stars

"Please, remember it all..."

#IStoleSanetra'sCupcakes

thank you, you've summed up all my problems with it much more cohesively than i could.

we want forums, not second-rate instagram!!!

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Queen of Non SequiturBookwyrmsPangolinsand Bones

Trash Squad, WerewolfGASTER FOLLOWER

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WoFMBer Dec. 2014-Mar. 2019

I'm literally freaking out, I had to talk it through with everyone in my household before I calmed down in the slightest. I can't live in this new newsfeed. I mean, I can but, it's too different. And it doesn't work with what I'm used to.

• Posted at:

Call me "Hawk"

I'm am not Hawk soom wood sai I'm am da Raverze! +I'm Indigo Pizza!!!+

"Letting go is like getting a massage. You'll feel pain, but once you accept that pain, there will be calm." - Hawk. Me.

Honestly, reading it with the italics and colors is odd. A story, like one in a book, is usually written as plain black font.

Of course, stories aren't limited to 280 characters, either. If this Newsfeed is really more like a social media site for quick updates and posts, then I probably won't use it. Writing stories and rping is a big part of the scholastic forums, and Newsfeed shouldn't hinder it. 

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Deviantart is LivVirtual

I'm going to make a Forum Barricade lol.

But I'm seriously concerned... if I can't do deep stories and RP's, and since we can't draw in the comics, I don't know what I'll do.

• Posted at:

Requiem/Legacy

"Teach me how to say goodbye"

"Rise up! Rise up! Rise up! Eliza!"

"My love, take your time"

"I'll see you on the other side"

"Raise a glass to freedom"

2014-2019