It was a familiar setting. The lights were dimmed, the room was decorated with antique furnishings, and there were hyperactive kids at the counter.

Ochame was making a wide gesture with her hands, nearly tipping off of her seat as she talked. Flora laughed from behind the counter, and Scio watched with a great degree of concern in his eyes.

It felt a bit surreal to all of them that they could still talk like this. The all of them, in this cafe, just being together and feeling comfortable. Even if Scio had to move out of the town for cases, and even if Flora had to live in another state or country, this was still possible. And they planned to cherish this moment with even more people. 

The door's bell jingled, and Ochame finally fell from her seat. "Welcome!" She shouted giddily from the floor.

this feels like one of those post-high school get togethers tbh

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

|| ENCHANTED ||

A secret place for me and you

Where everyday was fun and new

A simple time played in our heads

Well tell this story again

Refreshing, isnt it?

Lets breathe the air, try not to cry

Its time to say our goodbyes

cries into my coffee //

Kat opened the door with an almost predictable dramatic flourish - it banged loudly against the wall, and she took a bow for a performance that, at least, according to the narrator, deserved a couple tomatoes. 

Once over her Dramatic Entrance, she rushes up to Ochame, hoists her up by the underarms and places her back onto her seat. It's a mystery how a body so comically small can hold both so much anger and strength. "You need to be careful, coffee buddy!" She says, sliding in next to her whilst patting her head. "What if you hit your head when you fell down and forgot how to make good coffee?"
She turns to Flora and Scio to receive affirmation for her scenario, "Right?"

Angus steps in right behind her, already muttering an apology for her as he stopped the door from closing excessively loudly. The bell jingles quietly, again, as he shuts the door. "Yeah," He says, leaning against the counter as Cool Kids do. (Whenever he did that, Kat made sure to mention that once, Angus had tripped on his own feet while leaning against it - and that, too, with cartoonish elegance). "And also, I think you can get charged for property destruction if you keep up with," He gestures vaguely towards the most-likely injured door, "this."

• Posted at:

v i n e 

you find some way to survive

and you find out you don't have to be happy at all

to be happy you're alive

they / them

The boys are back in town,,,,

hdbdhdb your writing is so good 

Ochame face lit up like a search spotlight as soon as she saw her coffee buddy enter the room. She clung to Kat like an oversized, ginger koala. “Not to worry. People have said that I’m thick-skulled!” She replied with pride.

”I... don’t think that’s literal.” If one were to concentrate, they might be able to see the anxiety emanating from Scio. The boy detective sighed, and cast a resigned look in the direction of Angus. “That door is already so beat up, but Ochame says that the bends give it character. Somehow, I sympathize with it.” He stared into the distance.

“That would definitely be a shame. However—“ Flora unrolled her sleeves, onto to reroll them again in a confident gesture. “I would still remember! And I could teach her again. This coffee will never be lost.”

Almost like magic, a canister of coffee materialized in Ochame’s hand. She gave Kat a grin. 

• Posted at:

|| ENCHANTED ||

A secret place for me and you

Where everyday was fun and new

A simple time played in our heads

Well tell this story again

Refreshing, isnt it?

Lets breathe the air, try not to cry

Its time to say our goodbyes